News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Good stuff, Fernando.

Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2016, 08:30:20 PM
I haven't seen anything from Anon in a long time. Has the group largely been defanged or something?

Right?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Depends what you consider "Anon" nowadays.

For example, a lot of the online Trump support has been organised pretty much directly from /pol/, 4chan's "politically incorrect" board.  The memes, edgelordism...it's all classic, if toxic, 4chan.

President Television

Quote from: Cain on June 13, 2016, 09:35:09 PM
Depends what you consider "Anon" nowadays.

For example, a lot of the online Trump support has been organised pretty much directly from /pol/, 4chan's "politically incorrect" board.  The memes, edgelordism...it's all classic, if toxic, 4chan.

Yeah, nowadays they make shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1w4IxCXIxU
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

So the new hire is trying to gaslight me.

Problem for her: I was already pretty convinced she was wrong on all her attempts, and I got confirmation on two of them today.  Oops.  Furthermore, people in glass houses should not throw stones...and people who consistently and as a matter of record misplace master keys shouldn't try and implicate others in key loss.

I have to wonder why she cares so badly, though.  I mean, it's an open secret I don't intend to hang around anyway.

POFP

Thanks all!

My ANALysis of Anointmoose:

They started out just as much disorganized and "legion" as they were Freedom fighters. Skiddies wanting to seem cool, and actual full-fledged security professionals became unnamed allies under the guise of the idea that freedom was inherently wasted and attacked all around the world. The idea that those who attack freedom deserve to be held accountable for their actions. An attack on freedom was an attack on humanity, in their eyes. And unlike most movements like this, it was EMOTIONAL. It recognized the individuality and unity and flaws of mankind and embraced all of it. It was blind to political bias and was sought after by liberals and conservatives alike.

Eventually, the media got a hold of It and turned it into a political bill to steer into any direction they wanted. Some people could make a cool video about how some organization did this thing and it was bad because it was obviously bad there's no reason to talk about why it's justified and organizations would be knocked offline and cost millions of dollars a day trying to fend off attacks that were larger in scale than the ones done to people who actually fucking attacked freedom. Now it's an authoritarian circle-jerk for those who are offended by others' freedom.

Cain, I think she's just got control issues. Not really too much deep thought involved in people who are like that. I doubt she's even capable of planning anything a week in advance unless it has to do with manipulation. She probably doesn't even have a motive other than subconscious craving of power.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Eh, she likes organizing stuff (a little too much, IMO) but it's whatever.  I mean, if my aspiration in life was to be the Queen Bee of this department, I'd probably reconsider my life priorites and kill myself, in that order.

Anyway, I wont have to deal with her crazy shit in a couple of weeks anyway, as she will be on the opposite night shift.  I'm just curious what she hopes to accomplish.  Make me look bad in front of management?  My supervisor practically spits blood every time he sees me, and has done for the past 15 months, and the department head...well, I've questioned his competence, gotten into email slanging matches with him and explained property law to him like he were a five year old, so unless she has something to top those...  :lulz:

minuspace

HR manager has been trying to arrange my second meeting with the CEO for longer than I may be able to resist...  I have tried explaining to her the shit-show storm of toxicity that was my first encounter with him, nearly resulting in my permanently leaving the company;  and how my capacity to still work there is built on a very tenuous compartmentalization of ethical concerns that require me not having to tolerate any exposure to said perniciously harmful hypocrisy.

Essentially, I recognize that a bigger man than myself would be able to muster or cajole the compassion nescesary to forgive this CEO for the bad faith under which he operates.  The direct interference I first experienced is something I am now technically over, and, except for rank, our positions and operations have been completely independent for years.  It's like we don't exist to each other now.  That's been great, though not entirely free from effort as a fair amount of compartmentalization still occurs just to ensure that we don't cross paths.

HR insists that things could be better, for everyone, if all that could just magically disappear.  I agree yet have reservations about how much more compartmentalization would be required to get through that second meeting.  CEO has been good about acting as if he's ready to make some concessions, though I suspect the reality is that we won't see eye to eye.  It's then hard for me not to take it personally, because I'm a human being and KNOW my fucking rights...  Anyhow, I should get back to work now. :kingmeh:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on June 14, 2016, 01:21:28 AM
Eh, she likes organizing stuff (a little too much, IMO) but it's whatever.  I mean, if my aspiration in life was to be the Queen Bee of this department, I'd probably reconsider my life priorites and kill myself, in that order.

Anyway, I wont have to deal with her crazy shit in a couple of weeks anyway, as she will be on the opposite night shift.  I'm just curious what she hopes to accomplish.  Make me look bad in front of management?  My supervisor practically spits blood every time he sees me, and has done for the past 15 months, and the department head...well, I've questioned his competence, gotten into email slanging matches with him and explained property law to him like he were a five year old, so unless she has something to top those...  :lulz:

Cain... You're my hero!
I mean that. In looking for the right version to express this I passed several good options, but only this version seemed to be the not-sad essence I feel it's important to emphasize. Didn't know he did this and glad that I do now!

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I landed a paid internship that involves Python, pays more than my previous job, and has a beer fridge in the office.

8)
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: N E T on June 14, 2016, 06:42:52 PM
I landed a paid internship that involves Python, pays more than my previous job, and has a beer fridge in the office.

8)

:dream: :banana:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 13, 2016, 10:56:54 PM
So the new hire is trying to gaslight me.

Problem for her: I was already pretty convinced she was wrong on all her attempts, and I got confirmation on two of them today.  Oops.  Furthermore, people in glass houses should not throw stones...and people who consistently and as a matter of record misplace master keys shouldn't try and implicate others in key loss.

I have to wonder why she cares so badly, though.  I mean, it's an open secret I don't intend to hang around anyway.

Actual lol. This will go well.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

Quote from: N E T on June 14, 2016, 06:42:52 PM

8)

HOLY COCK-SHITTING FUCK!  THAT'S AWESOME!

Cain, :lulz: and congombolations!

Yay, Fernando Poo!

Freeky

I got put on one medication for treating my anxiety, depression, and insomnia.  I started eating A LOT of food.  I went back to that livestrong.com place with the food and excersize tracker.  Hopeful that I won't get Jaba the Hutish and might get healthy.