News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 28, 2016, 04:21:51 AM

Ohmygod! You're going to be like Agent Smith.

I am going to spend the next while studying how this shit works, and if I can set up a feedback loop between a few of them just yelling "SHUT UP" and "FUCK YOU, JABRONI" back and forth for a few months.  Then set them loose.

It's probably not that cool, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

If there's a voice response option, I can just talk to it while I'm driving on Speedway or I-10.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2016, 04:27:42 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 28, 2016, 04:21:51 AM

Ohmygod! You're going to be like Agent Smith.

I am going to spend the next while studying how this shit works, and if I can set up a feedback loop between a few of them just yelling "SHUT UP" and "FUCK YOU, JABRONI" back and forth for a few months.  Then set them loose.

It's probably not that cool, though.

Well... environment is everything. If you can't make TGRR replicants through the base programming perhaps it can be trained. The idea of systematically teaching a robot to sling verbal abuse and maybe even recognize "trigger" behaviors seems almost worse than just giving AI drones guns and things. Imagine discovering that a hated internet nemesis was in fact nobody at all, or potentially hundreds of folks being riled up and NEVER knowing it was one or more bots?

:evil:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2016, 04:37:25 AM
If there's a voice response option, I can just talk to it while I'm driving on Speedway or I-10.

My thought was get a "baby on board" sticker too.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

Apparently calling Jill Stein and her party, or rather just homeopaths and anti-vaccers stupid voices that don't warrant being given a voice in the greater political process means I get unfriended. :lulz:

trix

not everyone can handle discordia, even though everyone lives there.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

MMIX

Quote from: trix on July 28, 2016, 07:37:48 AM
not everyone can handle discordia, even though everyone lives there here.
fixed that for you
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on July 28, 2016, 07:25:17 AM
Apparently calling Jill Stein and her party, or rather just homeopaths and anti-vaccers stupid voices that don't warrant being given a voice in the greater political process means I get unfriended. :lulz:

Jill Stein is the Dunning-Krugerest candidate. She has strong opinions on things she has zero qualification to have opinions about at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Even her opinions on things she's qualified to have an opinion about (ie; as a medical physician) she's wrong or at the very least pandering to the conspiratorial loony left (homeopathy research and the dangers of vaccines are being suppressed by Big Pharma?!?!), so I'm not surprised.

Cain

I see her economic plan will "end unemployment and poverty".  Not "reduce" or mitigate, but actually completely and totally eradicate it forever.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2016, 11:54:48 PM
Even her opinions on things she's qualified to have an opinion about (ie; as a medical physician) she's wrong or at the very least pandering to the conspiratorial loony left (homeopathy research and the dangers of vaccines are being suppressed by Big Pharma?!?!), so I'm not surprised.

It kind of makes me wonder how long ago she stopped keeping up with scientific literature. She has a background that implies she should understand it, yet her policies seem to indicate that she either doesn't understand or, more likely, doesn't keep up with it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2016, 11:58:55 PM
I see her economic plan will "end unemployment and poverty".  Not "reduce" or mitigate, but actually completely and totally eradicate it forever.

I do too.

No-holds barred nuclear warfare. 

That's about it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2016, 12:10:36 AM
She stopped practicing (and teaching) in 2006.

She should really know better, then, unless she was already deep into woo at that point.

None of which makes me feel like she would be a good political leader. She's just not... sharp enough.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on July 28, 2016, 07:25:17 AM

I'm having a bit of a rash of that, myself.   :lulz:

I have berners blocking me at a rate of about 10 per day because I am a filthy fucking traitor to The Cause who should be sewn into a sack full of cats and be dropped down a storm sewer.

:lulz:  This is the best election cycle of my life.  I want to sechs it.

The Good Reverend Roger

And that's 2 more, for pointing out that voting for Trump because you're butthurt is the act of shitting on what passes for your own principles.  That you don't have principles, you have a hobby.