News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

What's it all for?

Started by LMNO, March 04, 2016, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axod

Quote from: Max Blyss on March 17, 2016, 04:59:58 AM
I dunno, I'm new to it, but it seems to me to be a 'Herd of Cats' in both theory and practice...  If you more or less design a movement (religion, belief system, club, orgy, whatever...) to attract various forms of non - joiners and 'outsiders' (freethinkers, hippies, occultists, conspiracy theorists, alternative historians, anyone who reads about Taoism, get it?), they're all going to INSTINCTIVELY pull away somewhat and never really allow the movement to solidify because they're all malcontents and can't really join anything.  You get a cacophony of people who want to be heard, but would generally prefer to not be around when you listen.  Genius idea, really...

As a malcontent, outsider, non - joiner, and aspiring megalomaniac, I was instantly attracted to the circus of watching folks try to get together and avoid a sense of belonging.
Conversely, the subsequent harmony obtained, though theoretically "difficult", remains no less or more beautiful because of said cognitive dissonance.  Rather, you'Rs truly would proclaim that when all these seeminly disparate voices do together resonate, the resultant effect is clearly deeper, of greater range, and with the resplendent body of morherfucking god's immaculate organ of creation and destruction.
just this

Max Blyss

Quote from: axod on March 17, 2016, 05:19:43 AM
the resplendent body of morherfucking god's immaculate organ of creation and destruction.

I like that.  Has a ring to it.
Facilitating Futility Wherever Duty Calls!!!