Author Topic: Political Memes/Cartoons you Disagree With  (Read 8095 times)

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
Re: Political Memes/Cartoons you Disagree With
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2016, 09:27:08 pm »
Still, this correlation between Warner Bros cartoon characters and dickbag political messages is oddly interesting.
Maybe it's a generational backlash that's been, like most of the rest of the memes, ineptly executed? Like they see Spongebob and Fry used in memes and they want to show these damned kids what a real cartoon was, back in their day.

Or they're the logical conclusion of Calvin peeing on Ford logos on the back of 90's Chevy trucks.
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 04:34:09 am »
Still, this correlation between Warner Bros cartoon characters and dickbag political messages is oddly interesting.
Maybe it's a generational backlash that's been, like most of the rest of the memes, ineptly executed? Like they see Spongebob and Fry used in memes and they want to show these damned kids what a real cartoon was, back in their day.

Or they're the logical conclusion of Calvin peeing on Ford logos on the back of 90's Chevy trucks.

Probably the latter.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

axod

• Don Well-Buttern' Cracker Crasher, Infernal Affairs
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2016, 11:07:43 am »
just this

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoomô
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 01:50:12 pm »
This one's amusingly recursive.

Emo Howard

• Anti-Neanderthal-Defamation-Social-Justice-Warrior
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 02:55:24 pm »
I hope you don't mind, Cain, but I threw together a Tweety Bird meme using a quote from one of your posts from the "Picking Cain's Brains" thread, slightly modified.
If you would rather I hadn't, let me know, and I will trash it. Just wanted a quick example of what something like that might look like.

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
I hope you don't mind, Cain, but I threw together a Tweety Bird meme using a quote from one of your posts from the "Picking Cain's Brains" thread, slightly modified.
If you would rather I hadn't, let me know, and I will trash it. Just wanted a quick example of what something like that might look like.

Nice. Now we're getting somewhere.
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 08:30:40 pm »
aaahah I love the subversion of using Tweety to deliver that kind of message.

We need some media meta-commentary or deconstruction or something coming out of Maxine's mouth.

Just as early industrial capitalism moved the focus of
                                         existence from being to having, post-industrial culture hasmoved that
                                         focus from having to appearing.

\

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2016, 12:50:34 am »

I love the shit out of this.  It fills me with glee.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2016, 12:51:01 am »

We need some media meta-commentary or deconstruction or something coming out of Maxine's mouth.

existence from being to having, post-industrial culture has moved that

\

Awesome.

Emo Howard

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2016, 04:16:40 am »

existence from being to having, post-industrial culture hasmoved that

\

I Love it! Is that a higher language translation of an actual Maxine comic, or... something else?

Emo Howard

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2016, 02:07:54 pm »
Got a couple more this morning.

"Duuurrrr... See, we tole you it wuz illegul!"

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2016, 04:17:17 pm »
Could someone try the below coming from Foghorn Leghorn?

Most people would prefer to believe in fantastical conspiracy theories involving aliens, Nazi zombies, secret societies stretching back to the dawn of time and occult powers gaining sinister control over our lives.  Also reptilians, Muslims, JOOS etc.

Unfortunately for them, most conspiracies involve power, money and embarrassment.  Why did the CIA attempt to kill Castro so many times?  Power and money.  Why did no-one come forward about Jimmy Savile, despite common knowledge of his crimes? Embarrassment and power.  Why did Bush redact certain key parts of the 9-11 Commission's findings, specifically to do with Saudi Arabia?  Embarrassment and money and power.

Also, real conspiracies are inevitably depressing.  The spectre of alien invaders attacking us from inside the hollow earth is far more exciting than the truth that the government sometimes pays its intelligence agencies to infiltrate terrorist organizations and then allow them to continue killing because it suits certain status quo political objectives.  Especially when you look at the list of people who have died by talking about alien invaders (practically none) versus all the judges and top law enforcement officials, many with personal bodyguards, who died while investigating actual conspiracies.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

• Slimy Thing Who
  • Deserved It
  • QUEEN BITCH OF FLYERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2016, 04:23:57 pm »
Oh shit, I need to steal that for Holy Nonsense if Cain's okay with it.
Overheating Pheremone Pustule of Last Saturday's Jiggle Fun| _xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 131, this should never happen.

Don't fucking judge me, I've got tentacles for a face.

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »
Speaking of HN, there are very few references to Roger being reptilian. Please add relevant marginalia if you can.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Emo Howard

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »
Could someone try the below coming from Foghorn Leghorn?

Most people would prefer to believe in fantastical conspiracy theories involving aliens, Nazi zombies, secret societies stretching back to the dawn of time and occult powers gaining sinister control over our lives.  Also reptilians, Muslims, JOOS etc.

Unfortunately for them, most conspiracies involve power, money and embarrassment.  Why did the CIA attempt to kill Castro so many times?  Power and money.  Why did no-one come forward about Jimmy Savile, despite common knowledge of his crimes? Embarrassment and power.  Why did Bush redact certain key parts of the 9-11 Commission's findings, specifically to do with Saudi Arabia?  Embarrassment and money and power.

Also, real conspiracies are inevitably depressing.  The spectre of alien invaders attacking us from inside the hollow earth is far more exciting than the truth that the government sometimes pays its intelligence agencies to infiltrate terrorist organizations and then allow them to continue killing because it suits certain status quo political objectives.  Especially when you look at the list of people who have died by talking about alien invaders (practically none) versus all the judges and top law enforcement officials, many with personal bodyguards, who died while investigating actual conspiracies.

I'd be all over that, but I need Cain's permission first.