News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Political Memes/Cartoons you Disagree With

Started by Cramulus, March 29, 2016, 05:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on April 11, 2016, 06:18:18 PM
Still, this correlation between Warner Bros cartoon characters and dickbag political messages is oddly interesting.
Maybe it's a generational backlash that's been, like most of the rest of the memes, ineptly executed? Like they see Spongebob and Fry used in memes and they want to show these damned kids what a real cartoon was, back in their day.

Or they're the logical conclusion of Calvin peeing on Ford logos on the back of 90's Chevy trucks.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 11, 2016, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 11, 2016, 06:18:18 PM
Still, this correlation between Warner Bros cartoon characters and dickbag political messages is oddly interesting.
Maybe it's a generational backlash that's been, like most of the rest of the memes, ineptly executed? Like they see Spongebob and Fry used in memes and they want to show these damned kids what a real cartoon was, back in their day.

Or they're the logical conclusion of Calvin peeing on Ford logos on the back of 90's Chevy trucks.

Probably the latter.

axod

just this

LMNO

Bruno

I hope you don't mind, Cain, but I threw together a Tweety Bird meme using a quote from one of your posts from the "Picking Cain's Brains" thread, slightly modified.
If you would rather I hadn't, let me know, and I will trash it. Just wanted a quick example of what something like that might look like.

Formerly something else...

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 12, 2016, 02:55:24 PM
I hope you don't mind, Cain, but I threw together a Tweety Bird meme using a quote from one of your posts from the "Picking Cain's Brains" thread, slightly modified.
If you would rather I hadn't, let me know, and I will trash it. Just wanted a quick example of what something like that might look like.

Nice. Now we're getting somewhere.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

aaahah I love the subversion of using Tweety to deliver that kind of message.

We need some media meta-commentary or deconstruction or something coming out of Maxine's mouth.

Just as early industrial capitalism moved the focus of
                                         existence from being to having, post-industrial culture hasmoved that
                                         focus from having to appearing.

\

Freeky

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 12, 2016, 02:55:24 PM

I love the shit out of this.  It fills me with glee.

Freeky

Quote from: Cramulus on April 12, 2016, 08:30:40 PM

We need some media meta-commentary or deconstruction or something coming out of Maxine's mouth.

existence from being to having, post-industrial culture has moved that

\

Awesome.

Bruno

Quote from: Cramulus on April 12, 2016, 08:30:40 PM

existence from being to having, post-industrial culture hasmoved that

\

I Love it! Is that a higher language translation of an actual Maxine comic, or... something else?

Bruno

Got a couple more this morning.

"Duuurrrr... See, we tole you it wuz illegul!"

Junkenstein

Could someone try the below coming from Foghorn Leghorn?

Quote from: Cain on March 22, 2013, 05:29:34 PM
Most people would prefer to believe in fantastical conspiracy theories involving aliens, Nazi zombies, secret societies stretching back to the dawn of time and occult powers gaining sinister control over our lives.  Also reptilians, Muslims, JOOS etc.

Unfortunately for them, most conspiracies involve power, money and embarrassment.  Why did the CIA attempt to kill Castro so many times?  Power and money.  Why did no-one come forward about Jimmy Savile, despite common knowledge of his crimes? Embarrassment and power.  Why did Bush redact certain key parts of the 9-11 Commission's findings, specifically to do with Saudi Arabia?  Embarrassment and money and power.

Also, real conspiracies are inevitably depressing.  The spectre of alien invaders attacking us from inside the hollow earth is far more exciting than the truth that the government sometimes pays its intelligence agencies to infiltrate terrorist organizations and then allow them to continue killing because it suits certain status quo political objectives.  Especially when you look at the list of people who have died by talking about alien invaders (practically none) versus all the judges and top law enforcement officials, many with personal bodyguards, who died while investigating actual conspiracies.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Oh shit, I need to steal that for Holy Nonsense if Cain's okay with it.

Junkenstein

Speaking of HN, there are very few references to Roger being reptilian. Please add relevant marginalia if you can.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bruno

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 13, 2016, 04:17:17 PM
Could someone try the below coming from Foghorn Leghorn?

Quote from: Cain on March 22, 2013, 05:29:34 PM
Most people would prefer to believe in fantastical conspiracy theories involving aliens, Nazi zombies, secret societies stretching back to the dawn of time and occult powers gaining sinister control over our lives.  Also reptilians, Muslims, JOOS etc.

Unfortunately for them, most conspiracies involve power, money and embarrassment.  Why did the CIA attempt to kill Castro so many times?  Power and money.  Why did no-one come forward about Jimmy Savile, despite common knowledge of his crimes? Embarrassment and power.  Why did Bush redact certain key parts of the 9-11 Commission's findings, specifically to do with Saudi Arabia?  Embarrassment and money and power.

Also, real conspiracies are inevitably depressing.  The spectre of alien invaders attacking us from inside the hollow earth is far more exciting than the truth that the government sometimes pays its intelligence agencies to infiltrate terrorist organizations and then allow them to continue killing because it suits certain status quo political objectives.  Especially when you look at the list of people who have died by talking about alien invaders (practically none) versus all the judges and top law enforcement officials, many with personal bodyguards, who died while investigating actual conspiracies.

I'd be all over that, but I need Cain's permission first.