News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Notes on an Inconvenient Universe Booklet

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, April 07, 2016, 05:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenpatista

Apologies for the dumb question. I'm just discovering this treasure trove. Can I print any of these out and disperse them? And would that apply to everything in this part of the forum? Also, there's a small typo on the 4th page near the bottom - "... trying to explain to it people ...."

POFP

Quote from: Zenpatista on May 01, 2016, 05:40:01 AM
Apologies for the dumb question. I'm just discovering this treasure trove. Can I print any of these out and disperse them? And would that apply to everything in this part of the forum? Also, there's a small typo on the 4th page near the bottom - "... trying to explain to it people ...."

No worries. You can generally print these out and disperse them unless otherwise specified in the thread you found the works in, or specified here

Generally, there's no harm in checking future threads to see if others have asked permission to disperse. To be safe, I would usually ask on an individual basis. Most of the authors tend to be in the mindset of "Share anything and everything you want," where as some may specify that they would like their name or Author-Name mentioned as the only stipulation.

Also, I hate typos like that. It always takes awhile to find them because they're usually so subtle, that the brain doesn't see anything wrong or fills in the correct wording for you as you read it.

EDIT:

In regards to this particular pamphlet, QG's stipulations are documented as follows:

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 18, 2012, 06:08:32 PM
Anything that had a copyright on it before I got my grubby paws on it retains those things. If I forget to credit you, please yell and I will correct it.

Anything I create, write, draw, or mash together is yours to use however you like on the strict conditions that you do not credit me in any way.

QG made the pamphlet, but it is made up of writings from Roger, who's stipulations are as follows:

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 24, 2012, 02:27:10 PM
Updated:  My work is used by permission, with attribution.  No exceptions.

(This applies to TGRR as well)

Based on that information, I'd say you should shoot Roger a PM, unless I missed something.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Q. G. Pennyworth

These pamphlets are free for anyone to distribute in a non-commercial manner AS IS, that is, you cannot modify them in any way, especially in such a way that Roger's attribution is removed. Creative Commons: No Derivatives, Non-Commercial, Attribution. That is the standard on anything I throw together from others' work, seems to be the most open arrangement everyone can agree on. Generally if it's in the propaganda depository it's safe to beg forgiveness, if people don't want their stuff being spread around they generally don't list it as propaganda.

If you were considering adding these to a larger body of work, I would definitely ask Roger first.

I can fix the typo if people care, but at this point I'm kinda feeling fuckit.