News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

WHAT? AM I A FUCKING PAPER SCREEN?

Started by POFP, April 11, 2016, 12:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

My ego must be just big enough to gain the attention of the nearest self-adoring shitstains. They don't just talk to me, they PROJECT onto me.

I work at an IT Service Desk for companies like Voya Financial and Servicemaster. These tardholes are on the same level of Service Desk I am. They pick on me because I'm the second youngest employee on the floor and because I have a terrible memory and have to ask questions all the time. Now, I get Nothing but compliment after compliment and suggestions of more responsibility from the supervisors and management. But these ass-cliffs that I work with feel the need to tell me that I "Don't listen to us because you're young, and you think you're right, and [insert more ego-attacks]."

I didn't ask for a solution to the problem I'm facing, cuntwad, I asked for specific information about a specific aspect of the problem because I want to solve the issue myself. I don't care that you've "been here for 3 years" and "I was like you once, I wanted to resolve everything." Yeah, you've been here for quite awhile, and not moved up at all. I wonder why. All you do is project onto other people.
Now, don't get me wrong. I know my ego is pretty big. BUT I RECOGNIZE WHEN I NEED TO STEP BACK AND RE-EVALUATE HOW I'M DOING MY JOB.

You talk about how they don't give you processes for shit and that you refuse to try to solve something until they give you documentation, and you wonder why you think there's no room to move up in our field.

EVERY SINGLE SUPERVISOR AND MANAGER WHO WORKS HERE WAS ONCE IN OUR LEVEL. THAT MEANS THAT THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES IF YOU TAKE THEM. YOU CAN LEARN HOW TO FUCKING DO YOUR JOB AND RESOLVE PEOPLES' ISSUES PERMANENTLY AND SMOOTH OUR CALL VOLUME OUT A LITTLE, or you can continue to tell me that we're all just slave workers here, and that this place is toxic for your resume, and PROJECTING YOUR BIG-ASS HEAD ONTO ME. I don't need to re-evaluate how I do my job because I get told that "Your high call times don't matter anymore because you've demonstrated that you are dedicated to solving the issues and pleasing the customers, which is, of course, what this place is about." AND THEY ALL TALK SHIT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BIG ASS HEAD AND PLEASE LEAVE.

I don't care that you know someone high up and on another floor. They've obviously never worked with your loud, pompous ass. YOU'RE A PRODIGIOUS PROGRAMMER IN COLLEGE AND YOU'RE STUCK AT THE SAME LEVEL OF IT AS THE SAME PEOPLE YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT, AND YOU WANNA TRY AND TELL ME THAT I'M DOING EVERYTHING WRONG? YOU'RE SO FULL OF SHIT.

EAT A BAG OF DICKS.

Or kill me.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

In the trades, we call that "Old Millwright Disorder".

"Hey, this fucking bearing housing is sticking like a mad bastard when I try to put the shaft back in.  How do you do this shit?"

"I had to figure it out."

Meaning either "I don't know and I don't want to admit it to the kid", or, "We need to reinvent the wheel every generation because that's how progress happens."

Either way, it's actually on account of the miserable old bastards hate everyone under 40.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 11, 2016, 03:07:05 AM
In the trades, we call that "Old Millwright Disorder".

"Hey, this fucking bearing housing is sticking like a mad bastard when I try to put the shaft back in.  How do you do this shit?"

"I had to figure it out."

Meaning either "I don't know and I don't want to admit it to the kid", or, "We need to reinvent the wheel every generation because that's how progress happens."

Either way, it's actually on account of the miserable old bastards hate everyone under 40.

The problem is, these dill-holes are only 6 or 7 years older than me. They're in their 20s too. They just went to college or are going to college.

And I would understand if it was just forcing me to reinvent the wheel, because I do that my Damn self. But these shit-fingers won't let me See anything else other than the wheel they believed me to be talking about when I opened my mouth the first time. I'm tryna reinvent this wheel shit over here, and they're all like "I'm wise, listen to our wisdom about this wheel." Like, shut the fuck up ass-salad, I'm not even talking about that wheel.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.