News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

OHIO WTFUCKERY THREAD

Started by POFP, April 20, 2016, 10:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Daily News New York keeps making articles about actors and celebrities coming to live in Ohio because "muh reel genuine people."

These are false. Obviously no one in their right mind would live in Ohio on purpose.

Also, I'm sure you've all heard of Harambe, by now. I've actually seen the bastard, up close, since I live near by and have been coming to the Zoo since I was little. This does not suddenly make me an expert on Gorilla/ape behavioral psychology. However, it does grant me the ability to see that they have visibly lowered standards for safety restraints in the zoo over the years. Children can generally get into every single animal enclosure if they tried for 10 seconds, usually less.

My roommate got a Ohia' Tan 'n Spa Seat setup outside.
(5 Words: Kiddie pool; Dining Room Chair)

Pictures on request.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

POFP

Not sure if I've told this story here already.

One night, my friend and I were walking around our little police-run Republican town, shootin the shit. We were about a block from my house, walking past a UDF (Half the town's cops sit in the UDF's little 20 space parking lot when they meet their speeding ticket quotas), when a cop pulls out of the little lot and stops in front of us on the sidewalk.

"Hey guys, can I see your ID's please?" the cop said, not even getting out of his car.

There is a curfew here for those under the age of 18. But we were both obviously at least 18.
My friend and I glance at each other with strange looks and struggle for our IDs in our wallets.

The cop takes the IDs and notes some things down from them.
He asks, "Where do you guys live?"
"I live right over there, on the corner, we were just taking a walk from my house, where we were hanging out." I said.
"Alright," the cop says, "Not many people walking around at 4:30am at night. Most of them, usually black."

Shocked, my friend and I looked at each other nervously and gave a little hysterical chuckle. The racism is so blunt and rampant in this town, and many like it in Ohio, and this is the first time we'd been confronted with it directly by Law Enforcement. Neither of us are black, so he gave a little chuckle of his own, and gave us our IDs, and told us to have a nice night.

A year and a half later, that same friend became a Trump supporter.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Pergamos

Police interpret a white face when they expect a black one as someone seeking drugs.  You are lucky you weren't searched.

POFP

Quote from: Pergamos on July 08, 2016, 11:59:58 PM
Police interpret a white face when they expect a black one as someone seeking drugs.  You are lucky you weren't searched.

If you'd seen us then, you'd have laughed at the thought of us doing any drugs. It was pretty obvious that we didn't. The cop probably felt stupid when he looked at us up close and decided to write down our ID numbers as something to do so he didn't look like a complete idiot.

Also, you got a study to back the underlined up? Or is that more anecdotal? Not being an asshole. Just wondering.

Pergamos

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 09, 2016, 03:29:48 PM

If you'd seen us then, you'd have laughed at the thought of us doing any drugs. It was pretty obvious that we didn't. The cop probably felt stupid when he looked at us up close and decided to write down our ID numbers as something to do so he didn't look like a complete idiot.

Also, you got a study to back the underlined up? Or is that more anecdotal? Not being an asshole. Just wondering.

I'm basing it on articles that I have read.  Unfortunately I do not remember which periodicals they were in.

trippinprincezz13

I suppose still mostly anecdotal, but I work for a law office, and reading through police reports on a regular basis, when the police see white people driving around certain neighborhoods, particularly with out of state plates (live/work on the MA/NH border and a lot of people do come over the border from NH to do buys) they assume drug deal about to happen. Not quite the same thing Pergamos was getting at maybe, but similar.

Granted the other day when I was driving home from work there was a NH car in front of me, kept blinking to turn off and on, not quite sure where they were going it seemed, I kind of assumed it was likely the case. But hey, I can be a jerk sometimes too.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

POFP

Quote from: Pergamos on July 10, 2016, 07:01:52 AM

I'm basing it on articles that I have read.  Unfortunately I do not remember which periodicals they were in.

All good, might look for it later.

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 11, 2016, 06:09:28 PM

I suppose still mostly anecdotal, but I work for a law office, and reading through police reports on a regular basis, when the police see white people driving around certain neighborhoods, particularly with out of state plates (live/work on the MA/NH border and a lot of people do come over the border from NH to do buys) they assume drug deal about to happen. Not quite the same thing Pergamos was getting at maybe, but similar.

Granted the other day when I was driving home from work there was a NH car in front of me, kept blinking to turn off and on, not quite sure where they were going it seemed, I kind of assumed it was likely the case. But hey, I can be a jerk sometimes too.

Oh, interesting. Yeah, I think that seems somewhat similar.

POFP

So, just went to a local Fair. There were kids in cowboy boots and overalls wearing Trump: Make America Great Again signs.

They went to a Fair with rides and food and all kinds of shit, in 100 degress (Yeah, it actually got to 100 degrees in Ohio yesterday), to hold fucking Trump signs.

Regardless of your political affiliation, that is a complete waste of time. A place like this, considering it's all farm people, is an echo chamber for Trump supporters. They weren't changing any minds. I think I'm going to attribute this incident to Childhood Ignorance.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 22, 2016, 08:40:21 PM
So, just went to a local Fair. There were kids in cowboy boots and overalls wearing Trump: Make America Great Again signs.

They went to a Fair with rides and food and all kinds of shit, in 100 degress (Yeah, it actually got to 100 degrees in Ohio yesterday), to hold fucking Trump signs.

Regardless of your political affiliation, that is a complete waste of time. A place like this, considering it's all farm people, is an echo chamber for Trump supporters. They weren't changing any minds. I think I'm going to attribute this incident to Childhood Ignorance.

They feel they must demonstrate to the others that they are in the pack and have status.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Tribe Signaling has been an enormous part of this (perhaps any) election cycle.

POFP

Yeah, all of that sounds about right too.

POFP

Literally the town I lived in a few months ago. It's funny because I know the kind of people who'd do this (And possibly the people who did do this), and because it wasn't violent.

Also, my cousin hung out with the guy who attempted to shoot a guy at the college my gf goes to a week or so ago. Cops surrounded the college the entire night.
I know my cousin would never do something like that. But I hope he knows better than to get dragged into shit by those kinds of people.