News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Has It Really Come to This?

Started by Brother Mythos, May 02, 2018, 01:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

Quote from: rong on May 04, 2018, 04:48:11 PM
You mean it hasn't always been this way?

I don't think so.

As a kid, I used to occasionally be sent to the local tavern on Sunday to pick up a couple of quarts, if the clan ran out of beer while sitting on the front porch listening to the ball game on the radio. (We had porches instead of decks, in those days.) And, there were "Blue Laws" in those days. The taverns couldn't even legally open on Sundays. But, on the other hand, I did grow up near The Middle of Nowhere. Many things seemed to make a lot more sense at that time, and in that place.     
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

rong

you're saying, things were pretty great, but then a couple of dead kids went and fucked it all up
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Brother Mythos

Quote from: rong on May 04, 2018, 10:43:14 PM
I wonder what happened

I don't know.

But, thinking is hard. Perhaps that's why governments pass laws, and corporations write policies, so humans don't have to do it.

Brother Mythos

I had another "Has It Really Come to This?" moment yesterday.

The 'Self Checkout' machine at my nearby Lowe's store thanked me for my military service, for buying a plumbing part.

I don't like machines talking to me at all, yet alone getting personal.

Doktor Howl

It's not so much that we've "come to this" as "this is a station which is merely one more stop for the train."

So not that we've arrived, so much as this is just a point in time where the change in degradation is particularly visible.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 07, 2018, 11:21:45 PM
The 'Self Checkout' machine at my nearby Lowe's store thanked me for my military service, for buying a plumbing part.

This is really the best thing I've heard all week. 
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 12, 2018, 05:08:00 PM
It's not so much that we've "come to this" as "this is a station which is merely one more stop for the train."

So not that we've arrived, so much as this is just a point in time where the change in degradation is particularly visible.

Only the train doesn't stop here, it just speeds up on the way by.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 12, 2018, 05:08:00 PM

As much as it would cheer me up to disagree with you, I can't bring myself to do it.

When you're right, you're right.