News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

The Elephant in the Living Room, part 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 29, 2016, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I wanted to get the anger out of the way in part 1. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2016, 10:09:49 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 29, 2016, 10:04:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2016, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 29, 2016, 09:56:06 PM
Fucking RAH!

I 100% do not get the vitriol aimed at Clinton. She's not ideal, but witnessing the complete unwillingness to settle for a less than Jesus-level perfect candidate really makes the Bernie crowd sound like they're playing Baby's First Election Cycle. Sack up, kids, progress isn't winning this election but it's not precisely losing, either, unless everyone decides it's hopeless and stays home and uses none of the momentum.

But the vitriol aimed at Sanders voters since last November is just fine.  I didn't take it personally or anything.

Not what I meant at all, bud. Let the hate flow on.

I will.  This thread isn't about political realities.  It's about the way supposed friends demonstrate contempt over said politics.  It's when you find out that a "friend" of 10+ years wasn't really your friend, you were just pixels on her screen and an occasional advantage to be used.  Or an army buddy you've known since 1987 that has decided that you are scum for not riding the whole Sanders thing down in flames.

It's about the fact that most of the Jesii may forgive, but I am not any of them.

It's gotten ugly as fuck. And it sucks that the ugliness is coming from a movement I support. And it sucks that you've been a target of it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 29, 2016, 10:25:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2016, 10:09:49 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 29, 2016, 10:04:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2016, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 29, 2016, 09:56:06 PM
Fucking RAH!

I 100% do not get the vitriol aimed at Clinton. She's not ideal, but witnessing the complete unwillingness to settle for a less than Jesus-level perfect candidate really makes the Bernie crowd sound like they're playing Baby's First Election Cycle. Sack up, kids, progress isn't winning this election but it's not precisely losing, either, unless everyone decides it's hopeless and stays home and uses none of the momentum.

But the vitriol aimed at Sanders voters since last November is just fine.  I didn't take it personally or anything.

Not what I meant at all, bud. Let the hate flow on.

I will.  This thread isn't about political realities.  It's about the way supposed friends demonstrate contempt over said politics.  It's when you find out that a "friend" of 10+ years wasn't really your friend, you were just pixels on her screen and an occasional advantage to be used.  Or an army buddy you've known since 1987 that has decided that you are scum for not riding the whole Sanders thing down in flames.

It's about the fact that most of the Jesii may forgive, but I am not any of them.

It's gotten ugly as fuck. And it sucks that the ugliness is coming from a movement I support. And it sucks that you've been a target of it.

I've been shat on by both sides, by mouth-breathing fanatics that I didn't actually expect to see in the liberal camp.

Everyone left of center can stop making fun of teabaggers now.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Contemporary liberalism's sneering, smug complex has gotten pretty out of control at this stage.  It's pretty well reflected in a lot of online media, when you start to look at it closely.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 29, 2016, 10:55:19 PM
Contemporary liberalism's sneering, smug complex has gotten pretty out of control at this stage.  It's pretty well reflected in a lot of online media, when you start to look at it closely.

You can tell when one side goes full potato.  Instead of braying laughter at the other side, they reserve all their bile for people who aren't as "pure" as they are on their own side.

Like tumblr at a national level.

The Good Reverend Roger

In any case, I had to say that shit.  Now I'm adjusted.

The next one will be about the "FINE THEN I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP" tards.

Cain

After reading approximately 50 billion books on fascism and the far-right, as a political ideology, I feel like I should have much more to say about Trump.

But all I can do is feel vaguely disgusted.  I have a really bad feeling about the next 20 odd years...

rong

IS COULD DISSAPOINTED BERNIE SUPPORTERS, HILLARY NOT-SO-ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT-ERS, AND OH MY GOP! WTF IS GOING ON OVER THERE-ERS BE A VIABLE 3RD PARTY CANDIDATE FOR GENERAL ELECTION???
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2016, 01:10:55 AM

Trump has been courting Bernie supporters on the sly for months now. I think it's delicious that the "abstaining from the con" crowd are in fact being conned by America's greatest used car salesman. It's yuge, lemme tell ya, just wonderful.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 30, 2016, 03:11:50 AM

Trump has been courting Bernie supporters on the sly for months now. I think it's delicious that the "abstaining from the con" crowd are in fact being conned by America's greatest used car salesman. It's yuge, lemme tell ya, just wonderful.

Yeah, pretty much.  It's depressing, really, watching otherwise-intelligent people shove their heads up their arses.

Pergamos

Tumblrinas vs nazis, now that's an interesting mental image. 

It'd make a fun story, After the trumpsters turn on them and start sending otherkin to the camps, a brave transethnic agent, spiriting them away to Mexico.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Can I do up the bolded facebook meme style and set it loose? I think that needs to be everywhere.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 30, 2016, 04:45:16 PM

Can I do up the bolded facebook meme style and set it loose? I think that needs to be everywhere.
Sure. Which reminds me, I don't think we're friends there. PM incoming.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Album is here: http://imgur.com/a/WOImg

I'd appreciate feedback on legibility/design/etc.

Cain

Out of the three, I liked the first one best.  The highlight makes the message stand out very clearly, and is quite eye-catching.