News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Name the Tucson Mascot

Started by hooplala, May 12, 2016, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Give him some REALLY good cactus juice and call him Mescalito. That or Cactuar, the Final Fantasy enemy he most resembles.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 14, 2016, 03:05:24 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 13, 2016, 08:15:00 PM
Tucson should instead take Luna, EoC, Richter, LMNO, any myself as mascots.  Mostly on account of it's pathetic how we all try to be all NICE when we meet up with each other, but we all remember, at some level, the events at Charley's Kitchen.  The fragment I remember was this split-second in time where I was leaning across the bar getting more beer for us.  LMNO was beating the night manager while making noises that sounded like a gorilla in a clothes drier, and Richter had pinned the bartender to the wall with one arm and was cataloguing the man's sins in a friendly-sounding voice.  Luna and EoC just sat at the table, bellowing out the song Mexican Radio.  I looked at the stunned crowd and said "what the fuck were you EXPECTING?  Action/Reaction, fools!  How else did you expect the universe to respond?"

That's all I remember.
I would be part of this mascot team as long as we could still keep The Prick as a name.

we can do that.  I mean, fuck, it's TUCSON, right?  So we're all sewn together under the stupid green suit, combining the powers of the guy who sweeps up the soggy glitter after the lights come up at the strip joint with those of the guy who insists on doing stage magic tricks at parties.  I demand to be the arse.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

QuoteI demand to be the arse.

newsfeed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Hollis Increase

This might be a little off topic but isn't Saguaro National Park supposed to be known for having the country's biggest cacti?  It just seems like they could've found a taller guy for the suit.
Ser Piggy could only find work as a Mortuary Transport Driver.  His appearance was far too disgusting for the living.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hollis Increase on May 14, 2016, 08:19:33 PM
This might be a little off topic but isn't Saguaro National Park supposed to be known for having the country's biggest cacti?  It just seems like they could've found a taller guy for the suit.

That may be more physically accurate, but less spiritually so.  Tucson is best described by a short, depressed-looking man in a really, really cheap mascot outfit.  while people in the background run around on fire, maybe.  And someone's left their senile grandmother in the car and the windows are all up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

The Prick of Rhapsody*

*From Rhapsoidia rhaptein 'to stitch' + Oide 'song, ode'