News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Soliciting Works/Ideas for Pride

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, May 27, 2016, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

I meet my first discordian in the wild at a pride parade in KC a few years ago.

Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 29, 2016, 05:41:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 29, 2016, 05:55:59 AM
There has, of course, been the bog-standard number of people who come in, flaunting whatever things they think make them baaaaad people (Aini comes to mind).  But nobody CARES, and they get all bent out of shape.

So my question here is, what kind of "Gay-friendly" stuff do we want?  I have some ideas, based on things I've written in the past about other things, I suppose.

My first one would be the "Remember, for some fucking reason, THEY are afraid of US" thing.

THEY are afraid of US is a good place to start IMO. Free All Over The Place WITHOUT PERMISSION I think is another. Cain's Hearts and Minds is really close to on the mark, but it's focused on O:MF to a slightly distracting degree. Maybe something along the lines of "Welcome to the Front Lines"?

In the formatting/printing department, I churned out a ton of existing stuff (posted most of the booklets yesterday, ran off a bunch of The Strange Times too). I'm also trying out a new format (for me) I'm referring to as multifold: full sheet design on one side, back has a half sheet and two quarters, it's folded up such that the two quarters are visible when you hand it out, then unfolds to reveal the half, then the full. I'm also doing doublesided half sheets of some of the one pagers (Systems vs The System, Letter to the Cabbages, Chasing Green Butterflies, Guerrilla Surrealism). I can post those in the propaganda depository if there's interest?

Tuesday.  I have an idea.  But this keyboard is fucked, and is too frustrating to do any real amount of work on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I have been a very busy Slimy Thing. At some point we're going to run out of gifted ink for this printer and this shit's gonna be real expensive, but for now I'm having fun with it.

Current Print Total:

• The Dark Room: 10
  • Politics of the Average Joe: 31
  • Sermon #9: 34
  • The Strange Times: 44
  • Hearts and Minds: 66
  • Chaosophy: 37
  • Doctrine of the Minimum Viable Truth: 21
  • Plato and Monkeys: 12 (had to limit printing due to tremendous ink usage)
  • Chasing Green Butterflies: 41
  • Guerrilla Surrealism: 41
  • Systems vs The System: 31
  • Liberty (Letter to the Cabbages): 31
  • PsychoMetaphysics: 10
  • To Arms: 10
  • Pretentious Multifold: 20
  • Eris Hails You Multifold: 10
  • Impolite Multifold: 20

For a grand total of 469 flyers for putting in hands, and a total of 387 printed pages. I will probably do up more of the Psychometaphysics/To Arms half sheets,at least another ten of the Eris Hails You Multifold, and a few more multifold designs. PLUS whatever Roger's got up his sleeve, which I am super excited to see! 600 flyers is not outside of my capabilities to disseminate in a day, but it will be a bobdamned adventure that's for sure.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Format as desired.  Please note that windows has decided I don't get capital w's and q's, so you'll have to change them.

why They Hate You

If you are LGBT+, there is going to be a segment of the population that hates you.  They will give all manner of reasons...Some will say you offend their religious sensibilities, some will blather pseudo-scientific nonsense, and a few slightly more honest ones will say they feel a strong aversion to you.  But none of those reasons explain outright hate.

No, they hate you because, despite their very strong feelings on the subject, you insist on being what you are without their permission.  As if your life and all of your decisions were not subject to their veto.  Almost as if their opinions weren't even relevant.  This and this alone explains the sheer amount of hate they have coming out of every orifice.  They were okay with Gays in the closet, because people in the closet are demonstrating that they are at least willing to accommodate the their wishes.  They were okay with transgendered people, but only at Mardi Gras.  But for serious, right in front of them?  In broad daylight?  It's an OUTRAGE, and if you don't stop, God will kill more people in Kansas and Oklahoma.

But here's the important bit, a thing most of us know but hardly ever process:  You don't need their permission.  For anything.  They will get pissed off.  we will bray spittle and laughter in their pinched, hateful little faces.  They will threaten us with God.  God will continue to not back them up.  They will babble about "the sanctity of marriage", and we will continue getting our monkey on in bizarre ways they pretend they never thought of.

They're going to hate you, there is no point saying otherwise.  But they already hate you, and pandering to your enemies is a losing strategy.  So get out there and continue to not give a damn what they think.  They will get high blood pressure, and you will be the ass-kicking, name-taking, foot-stomping freak you always knew you were.

Or Kill Me

Q. G. Pennyworth

Permission to change "transgendered" to "transgender"? The "ed" is considered offensive in this neck of the woods.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 01, 2016, 04:49:35 AM
Permission to change "transgendered" to "transgender"? The "ed" is considered offensive in this neck of the woods.

Yeah, missed that.  No worries.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 01, 2016, 05:09:22 AM

Yeah, missed that.  No worries.

Awesome, thank you.I'm sleepy and a little drunk,formatting tomorrow.

The Wizard Joseph

That one has a point on it good for a LOT of "why you so damn angry about MY life fool?" answers. It's very fine steel.  :)

:mittens:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Yeah, that's some fine quality stuff, right there.

Junkenstein

For the ignorant, what's the problem with the "ed"?

Also, has someone slipped the tentacled one a big bag of meth or something? Your output rate at the moment is impressive as fuck.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 01, 2016, 03:02:39 PM

GLAAD addresses it like so:
QuoteThe adjective transgender should never have an extraneous "-ed" tacked onto the end. An "-ed" suffix adds unnecessary length to the word and can cause tense confusion and grammatical errors. It also brings transgender into alignment with lesbian, gay, and bisexual. You would not say that Elton John is "gayed" or Ellen DeGeneres is "lesbianed," therefore you would not say Chaz Bono is "transgendered."

I know GLAAD isn't the emperor of LGBT+ people, but that's in general alignment with the community around here, and I am not aiming for a righteous beating at the parade.

Also, has someone slipped the tentacled one a big bag of meth or something? Your output rate at the moment is impressive as fuck.

Procrastinating on work-work and got dumped last week.ENJOY THE FRUITS OF MY PAIN AND/OR TERRIBLE WORK HABITS.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 01, 2016, 04:48:16 PM

GLAAD addresses it like so:
QuoteThe adjective transgender should never have an extraneous "-ed" tacked onto the end. An "-ed" suffix adds unnecessary length to the word and can cause tense confusion and grammatical errors. It also brings transgender into alignment with lesbian, gay, and bisexual. You would not say that Elton John is "gayed" or Ellen DeGeneres is "lesbianed," therefore you would not say Chaz Bono is "transgendered."

I know GLAAD isn't the emperor of LGBT+ people, but that's in general alignment with the community around here, and I am not aiming for a righteous beating at the parade.

Procrastinating on work-work and got dumped last week.ENJOY THE FRUITS OF MY PAIN AND/OR TERRIBLE WORK HABITS.

There's a reason they call it "cracking the whip", and Her name is Eris.

Thanks for the "ed" explaination. I think it's a little thin, since they're basically complaining more about a convention of English syntax than actual social anything, but the "ed" does imply that an action has been performed, and seems to me their biggest point is that one is such inherently before any actual transitional steps are taken.

Definitely good to know.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Alright, I did most of the work, and because I'm a terrible person threw in another paragraph. There's a little bit of narrative confusion, starts with YOU vs THEM but in one paragraph is WE vs THEM. Is that intentional or can it be cleaned up, too? Also caught an extraneous "the."

QuoteWhy They Hate You
- from that hateful Yeti The Good Reverend Roger

If you are LGBT+, there is going to be a segment of the population that hates you.  They will give all manner of reasons... Some will say you offend their religious sensibilities, some will blather pseudo-scientific nonsense, and a few slightly more honest ones will say they feel a strong aversion to you.  But none of those reasons explain outright hate.

No, they hate you because, despite their very strong feelings on the subject, you insist on being what you are without their permission.  As if your life and all of your decisions were not subject to their veto.  Almost as if their opinions weren't even relevant.  This and this alone explains the sheer amount of hate they have coming out of every orifice.  They were okay with Gays in the closet, because people in the closet are demonstrating that they are at least willing to accommodate their wishes.  They were okay with transgender people, but only at Mardi Gras.  But for serious, right in front of them?  In broad daylight?  It's an OUTRAGE, and if you don't stop, God will kill more people in Kansas and Oklahoma.

But here's the important bit, a thing most of us know but hardly ever process:  You don't need their permission.  For anything.  They will get pissed off.  we will bray spittle and laughter in their pinched, hateful little faces.  They will threaten us with God.  God will continue to not back them up.  They will babble about "the sanctity of marriage", and we will continue getting our monkey on in bizarre ways they pretend they never thought of.

They can do their best to make your life miserable. They can resort to violence and legislative temper tantrums and call you names on the street.  But they can't reach into your heart and change who you are, and they are running out of energy to even try. You are winning, and they know it. They cannot stop you, not with all the lies and tricks and teargas in the world.

They're going to hate you, there is no point saying otherwise.  But they already hate you, and pandering to your enemies is a losing strategy. So get out there and continue to not give a damn what they think.  They will get high blood pressure, and you will be the ass-kicking, name-taking, foot-stomping freak you always knew you were.

Or Kill Me

Italics from the original are different weights in the final (liked the font but no italic options). I'll pop out images if you're okay with the text changes.

Q. G. Pennyworth