News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

ITT: We take complex ideas and accurately meme them.

Started by LMNO, June 15, 2016, 05:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Like so:

via Imgflip Meme Generator

(h/t QG)

So the idea is to start with a complex, nuanced truth, and then work it so none of the complexity is lost, but it still works as a meme.

Please note that no single person needs to have the idea, the complexity, and the reduction.  Any one of the three will work.

Aaaaaand, go!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Potential things to be memed:  Brexit; ISIS's roots in Iraq; Brasil's, just, everything (Zika, Olympics, economy, government, take your pick); Accusations of voter fraud in the US; Voter suppression in the US; Nobody believes they're the bad guys; Turkey and the YPG; Global anti-LGBT+ legislation and how it affects economic and social growth; Same but women's education.

Pergamos

Kermit and his tea seems like the easiest approach, but whenever I see him I want to slap the tea out of his hand, not sure if that is a common response or not, but it might interfere with getting the message across if it is.

The manager from office space is another easy one, but provokes the same reaction and it's a misuse of the original meme since he is supposed to be asking for something unreasonable.

LMNO

Fair enough.  What would be a better "classic meme" to use for it?

Maybe just a picture of Trump and then "Accuses Democrats of covering up Islamic Terrorism/Has Campaign Advisor Who Accepts Bribes To Downplay Pakistani State-Sponsored Islamic Terrorism"?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pergamos on June 15, 2016, 07:44:32 PM
Kermit and his tea seems like the easiest approach, but whenever I see him I want to slap the tea out of his hand, not sure if that is a common response or not, but it might interfere with getting the message across if it is.

The manager from office space is another easy one, but provokes the same reaction and it's a misuse of the original meme since he is supposed to be asking for something unreasonable.

I think that intentionally "misusing" the visual aspects could be a key to penetration. Folks will potentially just SNAP and spread the thing just out of need for others to snap with them. I'm not net culture savvy enough to do this in a clever way, but sometimes drawing attention is just a matter of making an apparent mistake.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Template

insane.jpg maybe?
Or has grinman been through enough already?

minuspace

Aaaand, from a wildly wide angle, I was thinking, at the heart of it, there's some pernicious thought-structure that permits people to believe shit like LOVE = WAR.  As though the greatness of both gave them common fucking grounds, like causal interdependence or whatever pathetic excuse for thought happens to be regurgitated and pass as a connection   It like the crazier (blatantly false and unhealthy) the shit is that you submit to believing in, the less you realize or can even discern the indignities that you elect to self-inflict, like a curse.

I've been rolling this one around for the better part of an hour:

I can't stop hitting myself for how profoundly unfortunate all this shit still is, it's like pure evil, that by now has me torn from love to violently depraved copulations of Trump's morbidly mollified moral fiber and Lincoln's most deviantly rusty rail splitter...

Thought about it, how the the comparison to Trump should not even be drawn, that this problem is actually systemic...  Well, then, by the same measure that he feeds on powerlessness, his own will become immanenty manifest.  And one thing'ss for sure, there's no making a martyr out of him.

[it's just venom, that's what I keep telling myself]