News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

I wanna be a student, too!

Started by LMNO, June 16, 2016, 03:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Sweet!  I've caught the learning bug again.

My only bittersweet feeling is that dad would have loved to see me get interested in complicated maths.  And I'd have such a great resource.

Fuck cancer.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on August 05, 2016, 07:04:51 PM
Sweet!  I've caught the learning bug again.

My only bittersweet feeling is that dad would have loved to see me get interested in complicated maths.  And I'd have such a great resource.

Fuck cancer.

:sad: Bittersweet, indeed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Finished up Universality, which is a really cool result, how the behavior of simple functions can be seen in complex real-world structures.

On to Phase Space!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on August 18, 2016, 07:34:37 PM
Finished up Universality, which is a really cool result, how the behavior of simple functions can be seen in complex real-world structures.

On to Phase Space!

That sounds really cool!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

It happened. I'm now voluntarily going through the Khan Academy algebra classes so I can then take Trig and Calc. All so I can figure out this System Dynamics stuff properly.

Well, at least it's not heroin.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am, quite against my better judgement, seriously considering taking some chemistry classes at the U of A.

Because fucking water.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on August 31, 2016, 11:41:06 PM
It happened. I'm now voluntarily going through the Khan Academy algebra classes so I can then take Trig and Calc. All so I can figure out this System Dynamics stuff properly.

Well, at least it's not heroin.

I totally need to do that. Well, I need to finish Trig so I can take Calc, though honestly, I don't have any use for it now, other than curiosity.

LMNO

At least you're doing it for a degree.

This stuff has literally NO application to either my work or any of my current hobbies.

I'm retaking algebra for FUN.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2016, 04:16:18 AM
I am, quite against my better judgement, seriously considering taking some chemistry classes at the U of A.

Because fucking water.

I dread the idea of you having more control over water than you have now. That shit ends with "....and then there was a tsunami everywhere".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 01, 2016, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2016, 04:16:18 AM

Because fucking water.

I dread the idea of you having more control over water than you have now. That shit ends with "....and then there was a tsunami everywhere".

I just want to make it all go somewhere else.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Irrigation as a weapon of mass destruction.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 01, 2016, 11:35:15 PM
Irrigation as a weapon of mass destruction.

Yes.  Unless it starts behaving.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on September 01, 2016, 05:25:26 PM
At least you're doing it for a degree.

This stuff has literally NO application to either my work or any of my current hobbies.

I'm retaking algebra for FUN.

That is straight-up legit as fuck.

Freeky

I watched lessons 1-3 onNotes and rhythm, and now my head feels like it's gonna asplode.  I forgot how awesome (but kind of hard) music reading is.