News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

High Altitude Hell #7: The Texas Thing, in Photos.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 19, 2016, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on June 20, 2016, 09:40:36 PM
That desert Prada.  :lulz:

I keep coming back to look at it, and I don't know why.

It's a warning, I think.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on June 20, 2016, 09:24:23 PM
This is a thing of beauty, it's in one of the best locations in the world as well if I am correct many clear nights.
The Irish observatories while having very little light pollution, suffer with cloudy weather more often than not.

Yes, Arizona and West Texas are awesome for that.   When we're not on fire.

Like right now.  God's mountain is burning like a torch (pics tomorrow), and visibility is potato.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

"Nothing is true; everything is on fire."

--Ancient Tucson proverb.

Cain

Same, it has some sort of magnetic attraction.

"Desert Prada".  Has a kind of knock-off feel to it, like it might not actually be real at all.

Junkenstein

Hey, QG, can I interest you in sending things to desert Prada? It feels like the kind of place that would appreciate it.

And if not, fuck them, it'll be entertaining.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

It looks completely abandoned? But yeah, if there's a mailing address I'm game.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 21, 2016, 01:18:22 PM

Same, it has some sort of magnetic attraction.

"Desert Prada".  Has a kind of knock-off feel to it, like it might not actually be real at all.

It seems to be the real thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 21, 2016, 03:43:18 PM
It looks completely abandoned? But yeah, if there's a mailing address I'm game.

There wasn't a living soul for 30 miles in any direction while we were there.

minuspace

That all looks awesome - is it in Marfa? 

(I was all trying to be coy, showed pix to my girl: "Hey, girl-friend, check out /this/ Prada store!". She all like, yea, "Is it still there?  By Big Bend and the Thunderbird?". Me, "WTF?!")

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on June 21, 2016, 08:19:57 PM

(I was all trying to be coy, showed pix to my girl: "Hey, girl-friend, check out /this/ Prada store!". She all like, yea, "Is it still there?  By Big Bend and the Thunderbird?". Me, "WTF?!")

It's 40+ miles from Marfa.  If you tell me what this is about, I will make you pay.

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 21, 2016, 08:34:26 PM

It's 40+ miles from Marfa.  If you tell me what this is about, I will make you pay.

The store?  I have no idea...  (consulting resident expert...).  Hmmn, signs point to it being a "conceptual art piece".  Not sure if I'm buying it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on June 21, 2016, 08:54:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 21, 2016, 08:34:26 PM

The store?  I have no idea...  (consulting resident expert...).  Hmmn, signs point to it being a "conceptual art piece".  Not sure if I'm buying it.

Never speak to me again.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 21, 2016, 09:06:46 PM
Magic ruined.

Yep.  I think I'm done with this.  I'll be back when I think of something else to write about.

minuspace

FUFFs...  I really thought you were joking about not wanting to know.  My bad.  Harikiri now underway.