News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Fukushima: witness Modern Man at his finest

Started by babyjesus, July 04, 2016, 12:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 08, 2016, 03:00:21 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 07, 2016, 05:53:54 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 05, 2016, 11:14:09 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 05, 2016, 08:54:28 PM
Huh. OP seems to feel concerned about one instance in over 200,000 successful tests. Most under water.

Here's a secret newb. Despite what is spilling into water and food table the situation @ Chernobyl is still worse long term. The ability of a runaway core to destabilize the subatomic nature of even lead (thermium IIRC) is somewhat mitigated by a crystallization process in water.

One day, millennia from now thecore@Chernobyl (meaning wild wormwood :fnord:) will breach the containment and hit the water table. Before that it will essentially destabilize all matter around it permanently. After... well at least by then our children's childrens' children's children's bastard mutants will all be dead.

HI NIGEL!! GLAD TO SEE YOU BROUGHT THE DICKS!!!

What else would an illiterate, ignorant inbred bring to a battle of wits?

Trick questions?

That was only half a joke. Really don't know what you mean Nigel.  :?

The newb (AIBRFWHFLKSAHGFSG) called Nigel an ignorant inbred. Nigel inserts sarcastic agreement with such statement when someone references her debating abilities or contributions. You referenced her provisioning of phalli. Nigel inserted sarcastic agreement with the newb's insult in reference to your display of gratitude for providing said phalli.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 08, 2016, 03:20:22 PM
Huh. OP seems to feel concerned about one instance in over 200,000 successful tests. Most under water.

Here's a secret newb. Despite what is spilling into water and food table the situation @ Chernobyl is still worse long term. The ability of a runaway core to destabilize the subatomic nature of even lead (thermium IIRC) is somewhat mitigated by a crystallization process in water.

One day, millennia from now thecore@Chernobyl (meaning wild wormwood :fnord:) will breach the containment and hit the water table. Before that it will essentially destabilize all matter around it permanently. After... well at least by then our children's childrens' children's children's bastard mutants will all be dead.

Trick questions?

The newb (AIBRFWHFLKSAHGFSG) called Nigel an ignorant inbred. Nigel inserts sarcastic agreement with such statement when someone references her debating abilities or contributions. You referenced her provisioning of phalli. Nigel inserted sarcastic agreement with the newb's insult in reference to your display of gratitude for providing said phalli.

Most of that was 404, for me.

Think this is Chaos Advocate 2.0
Time for an uninvited upgrade

Newb. You're a damn fool for walking in here. Trust that.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

babyjesus

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 08, 2016, 06:02:47 AM
The severity of the Fukushima thing is partly an illusion. While borked nuclear plants like fukushima and chernobyl briskly and severely destroy the environment they do it in a relatively contained area and mostly jist when they break, whereas conventional power plants slowly, imperceptably like the proverbial boiled frog, but steadily poison the entire world.

There is a lotta truth in that post, which is why Gates and others in the elite 1% are investing in new generations of nuclear reactors that are often scaled down and made to recycle existing waste. And those new reactors may in fact solve most of the problems associated with nuclear waste. But they won't get down on their knees and do mop up.

POFP

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 08, 2016, 05:25:49 PM

Trick questions?

Sorry, I'm a pedantic asshole. She was making a sarcastic reference to the newb's assertion that she is an inbred retard.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 08, 2016, 05:44:15 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 08, 2016, 05:25:49 PM

Trick questions?

Sorry, I'm a pedantic asshole. She was making a sarcastic reference to the newb's assertion that she is an inbred retard.

I get that. I just didn't have the understanding because I haven't gotten "caught up" here yet and aus idjit here hasn't posted any topics I otherwise find interesting.

Also... no apologies. If I need one you can be sure I'll be looking for one. Otherwise just assume I don't know shit at all times. Id rather be unnecessarily informed by an asshole pedant than otherwise.  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl