News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Hillary's Closest Aide Admits Clinton 'Illegally' Burned Daily Schedule

Started by babyjesus, July 04, 2016, 04:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyjesus

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 04, 2016, 07:11:41 PM
Her "cloests aide" "revelaed"? Pardon me if I'm slightly skeptical of a news source that doesn't even bother trying to mind their spelling.

Scan any news aggregator and you will find typos like that every single day.

maybe it is because folks are texting it in, or because we rely on imperfect spellcheck programs (or even translation programs, are we outsourcing news aggregation too?), or because people are just in a rush, or as you suggest because the professionalism levels are reducing.

In any case it matters not whether you please the gramma nannies. It matters only that the content of your missive is essentially accurate and that you communicate the message clearly.

Zerohedge is about as good as any alternative news outlet on the WWW.

They aren't Seymour Hersh at The Atlantic, but they beat the pants of the "NETWORK"s any day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 04, 2016, 07:28:43 PM
Well then.

Nigel, it's been a while, would you like this one?

Oh, no, not worth the bother, really. These days I only bother with ones that seem to have *some* critical thinking skills already, and haven't simply bought into the "I like this alternative view so I'm going to believe it unreservedly".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And conspiracy theorists are right out as far as that goes. Especially "amateur economist" conspiracy theorists.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

babyjesus

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 04, 2016, 07:35:20 PM
QuoteIOW those two clans are in on the coup that masquerades as our elected government.

Just my opinion.

Please expand on this opinion. I'm intrigued.

Both the Bush clan and the Clinton clan are balls deep into the deep state that is a direct descendant of the MIC quasi coup that seized control of our government beginning with the assassination of the Bros Kennedy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The RationalWiki entry for ZeroHedge is hilarious, so if I got nothing else out of this thread, there's that.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 04, 2016, 07:49:36 PM
Well then.

Oh, no, not worth the bother, really. These days I only bother with ones that seem to have *some* critical thinking skills already, and haven't simply bought into the "I like this alternative view so I'm going to believe it unreservedly".

I can't even tempt you with the "I'm such an expert on this thing, I'm going to dismiss any new information"?

It's these ones that we need the dunning-Kruger branding iron for.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

babyjesus

Well then.

Too lazy to click the links to Charles Hughes Smith's blog, or the blogs of David Stockman and Paul Craig Roberts? So you have the faintest clue who these people are?

And Henry C. K. Liu is way above your head and your pay grade. I can't blame you for refusing to read something you can't understand anyway.

You should do a little google before you make a fool of yourself.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 04, 2016, 07:52:32 PM
Well then.

I can't even tempt you with the "I'm such an expert on this thing, I'm going to dismiss any new information"?

It's these ones that we need the dunning-Kruger branding iron for.

I have a graph for that!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: AIbrdwthulrdy on July 04, 2016, 07:56:45 PM
Well then.

Too lazy to click the links to Charles Hughes Smith's blog, or the blogs of David Stockman and Paul Craig Roberts? So you have the faintest clue who these people are?

And Henry C. K. Liu is way above your head and your pay grade. I can't blame you for refusing to read something you can't understand anyway.

Lookit this one! He's so cute, already with the presumptive insults even with zero idea who I am or what I do. Can we keep him?

babyjesus

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 04, 2016, 07:59:18 PM
Well then.

Lookit this one! He's so cute, already with the presumptive insults even with zero idea who I am or what I do. Can we keep him?

who is Paul Craig Roberts? David Stockman? Charles Hughes Smith? Who is Tyler Durden?

Junkenstein

Well then.

We probably don't want to. It thinks shouting names is the same as saying anything. Communication will be difficult, though not impossible.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: AIbrdwthulrdy on July 04, 2016, 08:02:03 PM
Well then.

who is Paul Craig Roberts? David Stockman? Charles Hughes Smith? Who is Tyler Durden?

Shit, man, I don't know, because they're way above my pay grade and I don't understand how to use Google. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-29/unmasking-the-men-behind-zero-hedge-wall-street-s-renegade-blog

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't understand how to parse social science and have never read a book.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 04, 2016, 08:09:32 PM
Junky: found it: http://imgur.com/eVAyszh

teeny tiny text so I'm linking instead of embedding.

QuoteEveryone in the United States likes to back up one of their political arguments with what would the Founding Fathers do. And you know, I've heard it for the last time without forming some pretty distinct thoughts on the matter.

Raising the ghosts of the Founders to support your political argument is just flat out stupid. Here's why:

1) They're freaking dead. They've all been dead for about 200 years.