News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Hey Faust, Q.G., others... I found Eris

Started by The Wizard Joseph, July 07, 2016, 12:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Not sure if we're hosting this, but we should be.
Q.G. this Eris makes me think about you in spirit.

I'm not even a third through the book and I already want to adapt a stage AND screenplay.

Written by Chambers, author of The King In Yellow
Published in '23
Folks named many babies after this Eris Oddell that year.
Tapered off fast, but I remember hear this in the thread I vaguely recall led to my dl of the ATTACHED PDF!!

It's ALL far past copyright lapse!

I'm going to finish when I can, but folks need to know now.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

Not far past copyright, in fact it only makes it into public domain by one year.

The Wizard Joseph

The year it happens to have wound up on my radar... I'm ok with this. :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 07, 2016, 05:50:31 AM

Happy coincidences abound, just be careful about that shit going forward.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 07, 2016, 06:14:39 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 07, 2016, 05:50:31 AM

Happy coincidences abound, just be careful about that shit going forward.

75 years usually in US, yes? Warning taken! :)

In fairness I'm not in a cautious mode, perhaps for the first time this life. I'm in a lot of grief, but I've cut a lot of dead weight I used to think was family. That's just a heads up acknowledging my status as "all fucked up for now". Thanks for the heads-up. I'm likely to need a lot of that for a while.

Goals today: 1.live, 2. Gonna take another chunk out of "Eris" and write the Genesis until pt4 is done and I have intro to 5, get caught up here.

I was basically shit on and betrayed by my own blood in a way I can't discuss directly here, but watch my agony turn to my very will to Strife.
So... like your "unfortunate rejection= awesome Eris shit" experience you're going to see me making stuff much more. I have a very big gap to fill in and seal.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

Cool, if its public domain I can add it to the reading list certainly.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on July 10, 2016, 10:29:59 PM
Cool, if its public domain I can add it to the reading list certainly.

Think that's cool wait until you read it. It's a gem, hidden these long years. I wonder strongly about whether it had influence in the earliest days of Discordian Society.

I just wish Chambers didn't talk about himself by character proxy quite so much. Guess that's fixable in a play format though... at about ch 12.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl