News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

AIisboredwithyoureconomyalready/helicopter money, wtfn?

Started by babyjesus, July 07, 2016, 06:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyjesus

This thread is meant to serve as a mishy mashy chronology of the milestones we pass, eventually resulting in mankind getting his ass kicked by his own toys.

If things continue to proceed along our current trajectory our economy, which is already mathematically unsustainable, will become obsolete within a decade.

AI and advanced automation will eliminate almost all existing jobs within a decade or two, and the basic equation of labor v. capital will become so lopsided as to become moot. The economy will no longer be driven by consumer purchasing because the vast majority will be suspended in the realm of the un, under, and ill employed.

Which begs the question: So what kind of fucking economy can keep the wheels of goods and services distribution rolling along if personal income vanishes the way of the American Dream? For the 99% anyway.

It actually makes a tremendous amount of sense to begin maintaining the money supply via helicopter in that scenario. If you get my gist. Fiscal spending placed directly in the accounts of the unwashed masses is the most direct delivery for cash heroin of all, and that money supply volume has the highest velocity of any form of stimulus creating the biggest possible multiplier effects in terms of generating econ growth.

And if you don't agree then kill your damned computer now, while you still can!

babyjesus

Meet "homochipien"

QuoteScientists have harvested seven miniature human organs and combined them to create a 'human-on-a-chip'.

The £26 million mini 'man' is being unveiled today at the organ-on-a-chip World Congress 2016 held in Boston, Massachussetts.

Previous innovations include growing a liver, a lung and part of the gut on a similar 'chip'.

But this is first time several major organs have been combined to create a functioning human micro-system that mimics our physiology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3680513/Scientists-create-HUMAN-chip-Miniature-functioning-organs-someday-end-animal-testing.html#ixzz4Dpm9xoQ9

POFP

Hey, guy, trolling is an art form. You gotta slow down a bit. This place isn't as active as most places. You can't be throwing out 3 or 4 threads a day like this. It's gonna stay boring.

You gotta squeeze this shit out little bits at a time and make each one last. If the start is good, you can REALLY suck up our time.

Now, if this one gets hilarious enough, then stay with it for awhile. Then, once everyone is worked up, create another hilarity thread. Don't create new shit on the upswing, and if something ends up being banal, then wait some time, and start again. If you put something new out while everyone thinks you're annoying as fuck, they'll just ignore your threads, even if it's great bait or filled with good shit. But if you wait some time, and let their irritation wear off, they'll be more vulnerable to being engaged.

The only reason you've gotten replies to some of your other shit is because (As they've made clear) they are starving at the moment.

And if you just so happen to believe the nutcase shit you say, then feel free to continue as you were. Eventually more hilarity will ensue.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Pergamos

OP seems to be advocating for a guaranteed basic income, which is, in my opinion, the only bandaid that can keep capitalism alive.  I prefer seizing the means of production, but that would be much messier.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on July 09, 2016, 12:02:07 AM
OP seems to be advocating for a guaranteed basic income, which is, in my opinion, the only bandaid that can keep capitalism alive.  I prefer seizing the means of production, but that would be much messier.

what would you do with the means of production if you seized them?  Do you know how to run them?  Fix them? 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

babyjesus

I am not venturing down that path because I like that path.

But compared to our (insert the most outlandish series of adjectives you can imagine) economic disorder that actually seems like the most practical alternative.

When the entire world acts, walks and sounds like the bullshitiest equation imaginable, within that framework only a hard core and revolutionary bullshitier solution can save the day.

Or maybe I have huffed too, no waaaaaaay too, much glue.

Admiral Glueon

babyjesus

btw, are you hip to anarcho-syndicalism?

Anarcho-syndicalism proposes that labor must own the means of production via the simple arrangement that all corps must be 100% employee owned.

In capitalism capital owns TMoP.

In Commyism the state owns TMoP.

In anarcho-syndicalism Labor owns TMoP.

Noam Chomsky also digs this shit!

I dig a pony. You?

In a perfect world all MoP would be owned by everybody to offset taxation and finance the social safety net. But we don't live in a perfect world and we can't trust politicos to manage anything.

And MoP is an outdated concept. Today's economy is more about the means of banking, the means of insurance, the means of healthcare, you know all the service sector economy stuff that matters in the now.

babyjesus

cars don't kill people, self driving cars kill people.

QuoteDETROIT — The race by automakers and technology firms to develop self-driving cars has been fueled by the belief that computers can operate a vehicle more safely than human drivers.

But that view is now in question after the revelation on Thursday that the driver of a Tesla Model S electric sedan was killed in an accident when the car was in self-driving mode.

You gotta forgive the self driving AI for this one, it is still in the beta testing stage of development.

A friend of mine owns a tesla and when he bought it it didn't do self driving.

BUT it spontaneously downloaded the programming to become self driving one day, and so it was: a self driving car.

Hackable, as reliable as an auto part or any Windows program, and careening through every city in the US at 60 mph, built by a corporate code to maximize profits and externalize risks and costs. AND they are gonna do the same to buses and 18 wheelers! (don't play in traffic, kids!)

Sounds like a recipe for disaster just like it did in the late 90s when I heard the first mention of SDV R&D.

On the other hand we have been using the same basic technology to steer ships and airplanes for decades and in my experience they definitely outperform human error.

I feel statistically safer. You?

Freeky

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Freeky on July 09, 2016, 07:33:18 PM
How extensive is your experience?

Judging by my scroll-by scans.... he's REALLY limited. Seems to be a bot. Maybe poptart finally learned to copypasta, IDK. Clearly some sort of NRX addict looking for the True Lulz in all the WRONG forums.

It's  so  sad  :lulz: :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 09, 2016, 02:23:53 AM

what would you do with the means of production if you seized them?  Do you know how to run them?  Fix them?

Hand them over to the people who know how to run and fix them.  I figure without bosses skimming off the profits they can do quite a bit better with them. 

Pergamos

Quote from: babyjesus on July 09, 2016, 06:16:11 AM

btw, are you hip to anarcho-syndicalism?

Anarcho-syndicalism proposes that labor must own the means of production via the simple arrangement that all corps must be 100% employee owned.

In capitalism capital owns TMoP.

In Commyism the state owns TMoP.

In anarcho-syndicalism Labor owns TMoP.

Noam Chomsky also digs this shit!

I dig a pony. You?

In a perfect world all MoP would be owned by everybody to offset taxation and finance the social safety net. But we don't live in a perfect world and we can't trust politicos to manage anything.

And MoP is an outdated concept. Today's economy is more about the means of banking, the means of insurance, the means of healthcare, you know all the service sector economy stuff that matters in the now.

I am yes, although I am more of a mutualist than a syndicalist.  Healthcare matters, banking and insurance are, currently, parasitic on the means of production.  I can't see them ever being anything but facilitators for production and other services that actually directly help people, currently they are hinderers of those, acting as parasitic gate keepers.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: babyjesus on July 07, 2016, 06:24:30 PM

If things continue to proceed along our current trajectory our economy, which is already mathematically unsustainable, will become obsolete within a decade.

The Money never becomes obsolete.
Molon Lube