News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Ark Encounter

Started by Brother Mythos, July 13, 2016, 01:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

'BIGGER THAN IMAGINATION

A life-sized Noah's Ark experience.
Come and be amazed.'

Here's the site's link: https://arkencounter.com/

The ark is, of course, located in Kentucky, the state where family trees mostly have only one branch. (It's really hard for me to believe that Kentucky sided with the Union during the Civil War. Go figure.)

Hrafnkell Haraldsson from politicususa.com had this to say about Ark Encounter:

'Built With Tax Breaks , Ark Encounter Hires Only Christians but Scams All'

WARNING: Politicususa is partisan as all hell. (But, that's why I like it!)

Anyway, here's the link to the politicususa.com article: http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/11/tax-dollars-ark-encounter-hires-christians.html

I found this quote from Haraldsson to be especially interesting:

'Look, we've all seen the Jurassic Park movies, right? Even if you haven't, you've head of dinosaurs? I submit to you, if, as Ken Ham insists, Noah's Ark also carried dinosaurs, then it came to rest on the top of Mount Ararat a ship of the dead. Because if you throw a T-Rex or a few raptors on that thing, everything else is going to be eaten.'

I thought perhaps Haraldsson was exaggerating, until I found this quotation on another page of the Ark Encounter site:

'... Levi, an AiG fabricator for the Ark Encounter, is working on applying the fabric fur to Mr. Anisodon. This guy and his mate are going to live in the second-largest pen size on the Ark. The only larger cage on the ship will contain a pair of young nigersaurs—a variety of sauropods: big plant-eating dinosaurs with long necks and tails.'

So yep, they're actually going there. Here's the proof: https://arkencounter.com/blog/2016/06/21/half-furred-anisodon/
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Pergamos

Dinosaurs are extinct, the flood is a convenient reason why.  Why wold someone insist that dinosaurs were on the ark?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on July 13, 2016, 02:21:13 AM
Dinosaurs are extinct, the flood is a convenient reason why.  Why wold someone insist that dinosaurs were on the ark?

Because the Bible says ALL of the living creatures.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Pergamos on July 13, 2016, 02:21:13 AM

Fundamentalism.

Pergamos

So presumably they went extinct after the flood, but the bible doesn't mention the extinction of the dragons.  Silly fundies,  given this convenient reason why there aren't dinosaurs or unicorns nymore and they don't accept it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pergamos on July 13, 2016, 08:55:33 AM
So presumably they went extinct after the flood, but the bible doesn't mention the extinction of the dragons.  Silly fundies,  given this convenient reason why there aren't dinosaurs or unicorns nymore and they don't accept it.

I was really hoping this would be about the OTHER ARK. Was expecting fried Nazis and polydimensional transflux catapoint events.

Fuck. The dinosaurs were dead long before The Garden experiments... mythology ruint.  :sad:

Did read about your players' characters on the other thread. Care to threadjack with me Pergamos? Just on the ark of the covenant stuff alone I'm sure there's a better historical fiction to be had along the way.

For instance, the AoC was recorded to be made of a particularly porous wood and coated outside and in with pure gold. The solid gold lid was quite possibly fit to make the thing a capacitor of sorts. Like the REALLY big modern ones that will catch a potentially lethal charge just sitting around from ions in the air.

Have any of the ruling factions acquired such a device? GOOD GOD!! Do the bloody Nazis have it!?  :eek:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

heh, just what capacities the Nazis have is still unknown.  It is known that they were spending a lot of time in Zebu, and that one city, which was having trouble with cultists, and had actually vanished into a hole in the earth from which eldritch horrors were emerging no longer has any eldritch horrors.  Nazi  operatives were spotted nearby around the time the things stopped emerging

The Wizard Joseph

:)

Something tells me them players be in fer sum shit!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Brother Mythos

Three (3) posts? Seriously, that's it? Three (3) posts, and you call that a thread highjacking?! That's not a thread highjacking, that's just pitiful.

Anyway, Bill Nye, "The Science Guy," toured the new Ark Encounter theme park, and had this to say:

"On a hopeful note, the parking lots were largely empty, and the ark building is unfinished. We can hope it will close soon."

Here's the link to the full article: http://www.sltrib.com/home/4106022-155/a-flood-of-contention-bill-nye

Oh, and from the picture, their ark doesn't even float, or anything. At $40 for adults ($31 for seniors), $28 for children, and $10 for parking, I'd, at least, expect the thing to float.

axod

Or what's the point of having an arch-ballast capacitor, in the first place?
just this

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Gray Area on July 21, 2016, 10:55:38 AM
Three (3) posts? Seriously, that's it? Three (3) posts, and you call that a thread highjacking?! That's not a thread highjacking, that's just pitiful.

:lulz:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Brother Mythos

God Responds To Ken Ham Blaming Atheists For Ark Park Failure

"Ham has placed the blame for the perceived failure of his project on 'atheists and secularists."

Here's the link: http://thegoodlordabove.com/god-responds-ken-ham-blaming-atheists-ark-park-failure/

But, he didn't blame Discordians. Sad.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 20, 2017, 11:43:24 PM
God Responds To Ken Ham Blaming Atheists For Ark Park Failure

"Ham has placed the blame for the perceived failure of his project on 'atheists and secularists."

Here's the link: http://thegoodlordabove.com/god-responds-ken-ham-blaming-atheists-ark-park-failure/

But, he didn't blame Discordians. Sad.

I feel as if we're letting the side down.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Brother Mythos

Brother Mythos

"Creationist blames dreadful attendance at Ark theme park on tax-starved city not supplying 'tourist services'"

So, Creationist Mr. Ham has yet another culprit to blame for his failure.

I don't think Mr. Ham understands the part he's playing in his god's plan. In any case, he doesn't seem to be too happy with it.

Here's the link: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/creationist-blames-dreadful-attendance-at-ark-theme-park-on-tax-starved-city-not-supplying-tourist-services/