News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

ATTN: Roger

Started by Cuddlefish, July 22, 2016, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Pergamos on July 23, 2016, 05:58:18 AM
I'm Bernie or Bust.  I enjoy reading Roger's facebook stuff.  I am fairly sure being anti hillary is not the only one of my positions he has attacked viciously, but I enjoy it.  Sometimes he'll make points I agree with and sometimes he will simply mock people who agree with me for the wrong reasons.  Other times he is mocking me, but I can handle that, I'm an adult.  If being mocked makes me uncomfortable that's a good sign that I am uncomfortable about whatever I am being mocked for, and perhaps I should change it.

I really can't say this enough: there was NO political disagreement here. People can support whoever they want, that's none of my business. This was about someone's incessant criticism of others while a giant plank was jammed in their eye.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Pergamos

We tend to be most likely to mock people for faults we have ourselves.  It may be hypocritical, but it doesn't mean the criticism is invalid.  Takes one to know one, after all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on July 23, 2016, 05:58:18 AM
I'm Bernie or Bust.  I enjoy reading Roger's facebook stuff.  I am fairly sure being anti hillary is not the only one of my positions he has attacked viciously, but I enjoy it.  Sometimes he'll make points I agree with and sometimes he will simply mock people who agree with me for the wrong reasons.  Other times he is mocking me, but I can handle that, I'm an adult.  If being mocked makes me uncomfortable that's a good sign that I am uncomfortable about whatever I am being mocked for, and perhaps I should change it.

Thing is, I may go berserk on people, I may be a total ass about it, but the one thing I won't tell is that you're less than human1.  It's also the one thing I won't tolerate because, as I said above, the moment you do tolerate it, you really do become less than a dues-paid member of the species.

1Except, you know, for people who ARE less than human, but they're pretty rare.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 22, 2016, 10:43:32 PM
In the future I will assume that people who ask what's going on don't really want to know.   :lulz:

I was curious as dimos stuff here was generally pretty good.  To me, the various pro/anti stances are pretty irrelevant as the entire cycle has been based around how awful the other candidate is. From the nominations onwards it's just been shit flinging and it's quite disturbing to see people this split over the 2 man con.

Surely there are better hobbies than attacking/defending and old white man/woman.

There's also a few lessons in communication and the art of persuasion in this thread. Mainly by lack of example.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Sung Low

Wat? To this thread

I love you
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself

Cuddlefish

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 23, 2016, 01:41:28 AM
You outright stated that I am less than human. 

Roger, you drama whore, you. I said you've been barking like a dog. I'm not sure that equates to calling you an animal. I thought you understood creative writing. It's called an analogy, you senile fool.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

trippinprincezz13

I see stuff pop up all the time on my Facebook feed that I may think is repetitive or uninteresting. Lucky for me, my computer comes with such rare devices as arrow keys and a scroll wheel on my mouse. And then.....life goes on. If I took the time out of my day to comment on every post I was uninterested in to say "haha wut a dum post" "stop mooing like a cow already", I'd be wasting a lot time out of my day and probably have a lot less friends. Since you know, my friends aren't obligated to post about only things I care about or entertain me 24/7.

#AllFacebookPostsMatter
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cuddlefish on July 23, 2016, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 23, 2016, 01:41:28 AM
You outright stated that I am less than human. 

Roger, you drama whore, you. I said you've been barking like a dog. I'm not sure that equates to calling you an animal. I thought you understood creative writing. It's called an analogy, you senile fool.

Uh... he blocks you on FB, you come on down to PD, shit on his thread then open another to shit more, sling casual insults and implications of your superiority at all and sundry the whole way

.. and ROGER is the drama whore.

:crackhead: <-- ITT,
Cuddlefish won't be sharing
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

East Coast Hustle

Well, at least it's not just Roger he's freaking out on and sending creepy ranty FB messages to. Wow.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 27, 2016, 05:47:53 AM
Well, at least it's not just Roger he's freaking out on and sending creepy ranty FB messages to. Wow.

Oh duuuuude. Dimo, no.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Can we get an edited and out of context quote to make it look worse than it may be?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 27, 2016, 10:17:10 AM

Can we get an edited and out of context quote to make it look worse than it may be?

I'm all set with that. I've got no ill will towards Dimo and no interest in putting someone's private shit on blast in a public forum.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

All I did was block him when he started in on it.  The multi-thread mess you see is the result.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

I was willing to put up with the messages for awhile but then he started posting shit on my timeline. In a world where family and employers are on your social media, that's really crossing a line. It's effectively no different than doorstepping, really.