News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

The Great Clown Panic of 2016

Started by Cain, October 04, 2016, 05:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

Well, two kids at my son's school just got arrested with this clown nonsense.

They thought it would be a great joke to write notes from 'Sparkles the Clown' and leave them around campus for teachers and students to find.
The notes had such cheerful messages as 'I'm gunna kill u all' and 'All teachers gunna die'

I just don't understand it. 14 is such a young age to have a felony record, and all because they thought it would be funny.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cain

And now it's spread to Sweden:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37657072

QuoteA man in a clown mask has stabbed a teenager in western Sweden, police have said.

The youth was left with minor injuries following the attack, which happened when he went outside for a cigarette in Varberg, south of Gothenburg.

It came the day after two people in clown costumes reportedly threatened to kill a woman in central Sweden.

The reports are the latest in a wave of "creepy clown" sightings in Europe and the US.

The craze involves adults in frightening outfits scaring passers-by.

Quote"We do not know what prompted this. It was not a robbery, and I do not know if they had fought before," spokesman Ulla Brehm told Gotesburgposten.

"It's hard to say if this is something that has to do with the trend that has come from the US, but there was a clown mask on the site."

However, Swedish Interior Minister Anders Ygeman has called for calm as more and more sightings of scary clowns are made across Sweden.

"We don't want to see a situation where a person gets into real trouble because someone, perhaps half joking, puts on a clown mask," Mr Ygeman told the TT news agency.

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'd like to think that the world's clown panic is just the result of unconscious fear of Donald Trump.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

There is apparently a remake of It coming out next year.  I call viral marketing scheme hijacked by idiots and occasional criminals

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 15, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
There is apparently a remake of It coming out next year.  I call viral marketing scheme hijacked by idiots and occasional criminals

That has been bandied about quite a bit as possibly the trigger that set off this particular clown panic.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Darn it, if it is a campaign, the way to hijack would be to go around performing acts of kindness.  The effect would be such as to require progressively less clown costume over time.