News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Atlantic Article on how women are treated in STEM fields.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 27, 2016, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/07/how-women-are-harassed-out-of-science/492521/?utm_source=atlfb

Normally, I don't like to post a link with no argument, but in this case the article says it all. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm reminded of that time Bill Gates told some Middle Eastern leader that they were under-utilizing half of their workforce.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 27, 2016, 10:25:38 PM
I'm reminded of that time Bill Gates told some Middle Eastern leader that they were under-utilizing half of their workforce.

Are you sure?  You might have PREGNANCY BRAIN.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 27, 2016, 10:35:12 PM

Which is extra funny, because pregnancy brain is a thing: it makes your sense of smell insanely stronger and can mess with your memory a little. IT DOESN'T FABRICATE A SERIES OF EVENTS.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 27, 2016, 10:45:40 PM

Which is extra funny, because pregnancy brain is a thing: it makes your sense of smell insanely stronger and can mess with your memory a little. IT DOESN'T FABRICATE A SERIES OF EVENTS.

Are you sure?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 27, 2016, 10:45:40 PM

We have only your word for that. 

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger