News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Neoism

Started by CBXTN, July 31, 2016, 02:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBXTN

Can anyone give me a first degree primer or have experience in neoist thought/praxis? Or maybe anti-neoist shit? Just another label of a thing which affirms there is no box?

http://neoism.info/

Sung Low

Just another label, yes.

It has got an aesthetic that appeals to me though.

The d key has chosen to absent itself

CBXTN

it's got some cute fecal matter:

"Monty Cantsin lives on and on because he never existed, just as no guru, no king, no pop star has ever existed."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CBXTN on July 31, 2016, 03:41:10 AM
it's got some cute fecal matter:

"Monty Cantsin lives on and on because he never existed, just as no guru, no king, no pop star has ever existed."

And then the bar stool arrived.

:barstool:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Acuddle

The text... is writing itself, even if I don't click ! Aaugh :eek: !

Experimental, very random and contradictory . There was a page where "neoism is all about sex", then another where the narrator "gave up sex [...] and is now a neoist" :wink:. It's either the state of accepting one's own religion or adopting whatever religion one's interested in, even a fictional or deviant one, and making it anonymous.

It's a kind of negativist and Zen view on the world. Once, I had to do a tarot tirage (I do them to make a rubric for a radio podcast) for someone similar, who was litterally asking "why do :weary: ?", and Eris responded to her "what the ! stop giving up on Akari, notice her" ! So there's some chance that Neoism is not Erisian :roll:.

Some of them seemed to actually call themselves Cantsin in an intent to become anonymous, kinda reckless giving all the problems Argéniums would make of such behavior.

themanwhocreatedjazz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was neoism associated with Stewart Home and his Neoist Alliance?

If so, this may be of some help - https://www.stewarthomesociety.org/neoism/neoass.htm

THE QLIPHITISER

Post-neoism is better  :lol:
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Faust

Quote from: Accelerated Evolution on December 12, 2017, 11:11:50 AM

I disagree. The second and third  ones weren't great, that said the animatrix wasn't bad.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

I hought he meant there was a Matrix breakfast cereal and nobody told me.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Invisible Man on December 12, 2017, 08:54:58 PM
I hought he meant there was a Matrix breakfast cereal and nobody told me.

With marshmallow Agent Smiths!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

THE QLIPHITISER

Nobody up to join the Church of Morpheology then?  :cry:
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Mr. Gone

What are the perks?

Timóteo Pinto

Quote from: Accelerated Evolution on December 12, 2017, 11:11:50 AM

Yes, indeed.

There are some conspiracies being incubated linked to this. The main one is a open-source zine, inspired by the Neoist magazine SMILE, called Discordja.

The Fixer

Oh hay, my time to shine.

Hi, I'm a Neoist connoisseur. And by that I mean I'm bullshiting ya. But yeah, I like neoism.
I first discovered Neoism by Timóteo Pinto (the one above). In Discordia Brasilis, we have fetish for multiple identity names (multiple use pseudonyms, shared identity, or how we call it: multividual). Timóteo Pinto is a Multividual created based on Blissett. And Saint Luther Blissett had ties with neoism, because of Monty Cantsin. Then, Timóteo Pinto started digging the movement, and showed me.
The easiest way to describe neoism is: dadaist punk.
But it's a lot more. It's a avant-garde anarcho punk movement. When Timpin showed me, I went to the internatiol discordian society (est 2015), and asked if someone digged a link between neoism and discordianism. Brenton said "similar symbols, but nothing concrete".
The symbols, who we shared have a simples explanation: tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE, one neoist artist, is a subgenii. He held the "world subgenius congress" in 1983, where he danced around a fire with two dead dogs he found, in an abandoned metro railway. You can read here: http://accelerateddecrepitude.blogspot.com.br/2012/02/his-name-is-not-legend-its-tentatively.html
He was a friend of Stang, and from what he told me, Stang gave him the address of Thornley, since neoism is a mail art movement. He sent some zines to Thornley, and it had a meme (an image mocking a magazine ad, rather, but a meme), and Thornley was like "man,you find this funny? wtf", on this note, tENT told me "Thornley didn't seem to have a great sense of humor", lmao.
But that isn't a link with disco.

We could say that neoism is linked with discordianism by the KLF. The KLF bois were friend of Stewart Home, who was a neoist. They became friends after Stewart Home tried to distance himself of neoism. BUT HE'LL NEVER DISTANCE HIMSELF OF NEOISM.
As themanwhocreatedjazz said, he asked with Home's Neoist alliance had something to do with neoism. The Neoist Alliance, came by the 90s, after Home left neoism. He being a trickster as every neoist, decided to use neoism as a way to confuse people. In his book, "Neoism, plagiarism, and praxis", Home talks a little about KLF. Even though he doesn't consider himself a neoist from that time, and his book is a little critical about, he's a neoist at heart, that lil basterd. <3 <3

Post-Neoism, and anti-neoism and neoism doesn't exist. AT ALL. The name was coined by Timóteo Pinto, but I think it's funny, that's how Home talks about his work, when he left neoism. But he doesn't talk as if "Post-neoism" is a movement in itself (which is not), he talks like "this shit is my post-neoism work". Two different things. Post-Neoism is Neoism with Discordian characteristics, which is different from Meta-Discordianism, which it's discordianism with neoist characteristics. I identify myself as a Meta-Post-Discordian Grayface-ist Post-neoism.

My sincere opinion on Post-Neoism: it's raw.
It's not like neoism at all. While neoism has a raw energy of crazy dudes just doing their art, post-neoism goes beyond in rawness. Our recognition of memes as an art expression, and shitpost as a viral memetic pratice, makes it look like we are a bunch of shit posters. Which is not true, we do glitch art... sometimes. While I do enjoy shit-post as a way of expressing myself, I think it could be more focused. We do have created our own mythology, as many shitposting groups do.
Also, the way Timóteo Pinto tries to coopt 4chan mythos, like #thegame23 and cicada 3301, is something I don't like, 'cause it gets more raw, and more distant from what neoism was/is/will be.
In anyway, if you want to joins us, you could find us at telegram: https://t.me/hdgpdg
It's, primarly, a discordian group, with some post-neoist. and memes. and markov chain bot spamming. and sometimes mariachis. yeah...

With all that in mind, I would like to spam Sarah Gulik in here. She's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay funnier and waaaaaaaaaay cooler than Timóteo Pinto (multividual). She's the abortion of Gulik. She's Gulik feminine part. She's Gulik accepting her gender as a female. She's a creation of the Oscar Wildean Society, a group of iconoclasts anarcho-avant-garde neoist discordians. You could read our rip-off manifesto, where we stole some manifestos from Monty Cantsin and Timóteo Pinto: https://sarahgulik.wordpress.com/sobre/
Go out and enter in contact with yourself, become a Sarah Gulik today!

I would like to thank first my goddess, then my family, without them I wouldn't be bored to death and decided to write all of this non-sense feeding shit to you. Also, join Discordja!
Timoteo Pinto, Tae Ateh, Monty Cantsin, Karen Karnak, Karen Eliot, Luther Blisset, são todos sintomas da mesma cura, são sinais vitais enviados pela DEUSA, Éris.

Timóteo Pinto

I got a new one post-neoist meta-discordian sister

Here a presentation:

:::

Ich heiße Lucretia Dalencourt -oder LuLu, für Freunde, Hunde, Katzen, Familien un Pferden. Ich kann dich sein, oder mich sein, oder oder oder ihm sein. Ich liebe jeder, und niemand. Ich liebe alles und nichts. Lulu hat L von Liebe und Laufbahn!!!

Lucretia Dalencourt, or LuLu for the more intimate friends, could be anyone or anything you can imagine; she could be nothing and no one too, and that would be a completely acceptable idea. A Lucretia Dalencourt knows no bounds for being, everything is allowed to have such name if someone -or, be shocked, no one!- wills to. My shoes under the bed could be Lucretia, I could be Lucretia, you could be Lucretia and even the grannies at nursing homes could be Lucretia. Lucretia Dalencourt could even be QAnon? No one really knows.

But one thing is for sure: when someone decides to adopt the name LuLu, magic(k)al things in the figurative and literal sense could happen. Being a Lucretia Dalencourt is free and gives you the possibility of being yourself under another name, or everyone being one under a single name. LuLu knows no ethnicity, tastes or anything else. "Sie liebt mich, sie liebt uns und sie liebt dich" is one of the most classical concepts used to describe her. Lucretia Dalencourt is a non-existent existence who acknowledges anything and everyone, basically what gods were supposed to do or what we should be supposed to do with ourselves but no one knows how because everyone is lost.

Lucretia Dalencourt is an ambassador and propagator of chaos and disorder. But think bad not! That just means that she's tired of the order imposed upon everything and everyone because that makes life so boring! Since she welcomes everything, chaos wouldn't be excluded, absolutely not! There's always room for everything and everyone in LuLu's herz, especially Eris.

Got the idea?

https://orostachysparadoxa.wordpress.com/

https://entelognathus.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/dalencourtLuLu

http://fnord.forumeiros.com/f34-lucretia-dalencourt