News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

I learned today at my new job that there is a code for nuclear power plant disasters and I probably shouldn't use that one for testing purposes. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 11, 2016, 10:06:46 PM
It was odd.  My co-worker thought it may have been some kind of set-up for a prank on some insipid reality TV show.

I don't think he complained though.  I think my manager took it upon himself, because he likes to occasionally throw his weight around and remind everyone he's Da Boss - usually by flipping his shit over petty things like this.

He's still going on about the pet man, by the way.  He tried to simultaenously backpedal while insinuating I was to blame.  All of this is via a group email for the entire department, by the way, and has been since his initial response.  So I just told him if he puts that little faith in my judgement he can put me in a disciplinary meeting, because I did nothing wrong, and I'll act that way again in similar circumstances.  I also reminded him that he wasn't actually there and I was, and that I wasn't going to put up with his insinuations.

And then I wrote an email to his boss, relating how I'd just had the shittiest night in months and now I was being harassed via email for situations where I did nothing wrong.

I'm also on 2 weeks of holiday from tomorrow, so...  :lulz:

Well-played, sir!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 12, 2016, 04:14:23 AM
I learned today at my new job that there is a code for nuclear power plant disasters and I probably shouldn't use that one for testing purposes.

Uhhhh, learning is good? I guess?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 12, 2016, 06:13:43 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 12, 2016, 04:14:23 AM

Uhhhh, learning is good? I guess?

Well the thing that they are on puts a feed on top of whatever is broadcast, automatically.  Now you have to be extra sure the bypass to that is on.  Just in case, you put something benign in.  Otherwise whatever you put in goes live.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Don Coyote

FUCK PORTLAND

Also

FUCK ALL OF WASHINGTON BETWEEN TACOMA AND OLYMPIA

ALSO

WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING VOTE FOR TRUMP SIGNS ALONG THE I5?????????????

Suu

I need a vacation.

Like, seriously. I left Pennsic early because I couldn't take it anymore. The heat was too much, the people were too much, and my new best friend, named Anxiety, was too much. That was not a vacation, that was a fucking nightmare for me. Except for that part where I was urged by several people to submit my thesis for presentation at Kalamazoo, and when I bought $400 worth of fabric from a crack dealer in the Czech Republic. (Sartor. Look them up.)

I've done too fucking much lately, and my brain is taking the toll.

Part of me wonders if tuning out of the internet for a few weeks would be enough. Or maybe just work on new projects without obligation. I have another convention coming up, this one in Long Beach, and it just got triple-booked with Navy and SCA shit. This is getting out of hand. I want to cancel life and crawl under a rock.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on August 13, 2016, 05:57:37 AM
I need a vacation.

Like, seriously. I left Pennsic early because I couldn't take it anymore. The heat was too much, the people were too much, and my new best friend, named Anxiety, was too much. That was not a vacation, that was a fucking nightmare for me. Except for that part where I was urged by several people to submit my thesis for presentation at Kalamazoo, and when I bought $400 worth of fabric from a crack dealer in the Czech Republic. (Sartor. Look them up.)

Part of me wonders if tuning out of the internet for a few weeks would be enough. Or maybe just work on new projects without obligation. I have another convention coming up, this one in Long Beach, and it just got triple-booked with Navy and SCA shit. This is getting out of hand. I want to cancel life and crawl under a rock.

I am just curious why people would willingly stagger around in armor and period clothing in worst heat wave in memory?

The heat index is literally, no-joking, worse than it was for the crusaders.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I can't say it would be my first choice of things to do.  But anywhere south of Italy is too hot for me, so....

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 13, 2016, 06:08:03 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on August 13, 2016, 05:57:37 AM
I need a vacation.

I am just curious why people would willingly stagger around in armor and period clothing in worst heat wave in memory?

The heat index is literally, no-joking, worse than it was for the crusaders.

We didn't. They called off all martial activities on Thursday, and then again on Friday I think. Some people were being real assholes about it, namely the Florida and Gulf Coast kingdoms, but when the kingdoms from Texas and Arizona had people falling out, they shut up.

I had other issues, and almost shivved a fucker in camp for throwing his kid to the ground. He proceeded to get into my face on Thursday, and I decided it was in the best interest of everybody that I left early. So I paid the extra, and caught my flight back that day. I'm sure the heat didn't help, but I told him, the next time I saw him abuse his wife or children, I would fucking kill him.

He told me to stop pretending my dick was bigger than his, and then threw ad homina about my education and my husband. You know, the usual government leechy stuff. Charming.

I don't think he thinks I'm serious about the killing part. I was so fucking angry I called my sister for advice, which sounds like a horrible idea, but as she's been in this situation before in other capacities, I needed her point of view. She reminded me that we were trained to walk away first, so, I did. I'm taking a year or two off, and Jeff won't let me go by myself anymore. He said it was because my stress and anxiety have been too much lately, but probably because I said the .45 is coming with me next time.

Child abuse may be medieval, but not on my fucking watch. I can end this shit a lot faster with a bullet than a kick, and I will gladly serve life in prison if it meant one last wife and kid beater is 6 feet under.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Set him up for a SWATing.  No need to do it yourself.

Word is on the grapevine my boss is fuming at the emails I sent the other night, though it's not clear whether it's more the content of my response, or the fact I did it publically that has him angrier.  My department head also wanted to speak with me, but, of course, I'm on holiday so I'm just like "lolnotcheckingmymail".

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on August 13, 2016, 04:10:50 PM
I had other issues, and almost shivved a fucker in camp for throwing his kid to the ground.

He told me to stop pretending my dick was bigger than his,

Tiny little fraction of a man.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 13, 2016, 11:45:03 PM
Set him up for a SWATing.  No need to do it yourself.

Word is on the grapevine my boss is fuming at the emails I sent the other night, though it's not clear whether it's more the content of my response, or the fact I did it publically that has him angrier.  My department head also wanted to speak with me, but, of course, I'm on holiday so I'm just like "lolnotcheckingmymail".

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel