News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on August 16, 2016, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 16, 2016, 08:36:01 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on August 16, 2016, 07:35:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 16, 2016, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on August 16, 2016, 06:43:30 PM
It's my birthday.

In celebration of 34 years and not dead yet, I am making my husband take me downtown where I can go to a bar where Top Gun was filmed. No, I'm not fucking joking.

Happy birthday, Suu!

Thanks!

By the way, Tucson Comic Con offered me a hotel room. It looks shady as fuck, and I can't wait.  :lulz: I'm copping out of Long Beach, because they want me to buy a $400 insurance policy a month out from the con, and I'm calling shenanigans.  I'll eat the $300 table fee, because no fucking con is worth a $700 investment when I know I'm not making the return. Even San Diego doesn't charge that much. Fuck, neither does New York. I'm totally cool with insurance, but that seems a wee fucking ridiculous.

You'll see us at the Tucson one.  What hotel?  If it's one of the bad ones, you can bunk with us.

Arizona Riverpark Inn. It's like it wants to be a resort, but isn't. But the reviews don't suck.

It's on the wrong side of the highway and there is no pedestrian traffic allowed on Cushing Street (ie, you will need a vehicle).  It's also in South Tucson, so the wear on your body armor may vary.

However, it's close enough to the highway that this might not be an issue.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 16, 2016, 09:07:03 PM
It's my birthday.

In celebration of 34 years and not dead yet, I am making my husband take me downtown where I can go to a bar where Top Gun was filmed. No, I'm not fucking joking.

Happy birthday, Suu!

Thanks!

By the way, Tucson Comic Con offered me a hotel room. It looks shady as fuck, and I can't wait.  :lulz: I'm copping out of Long Beach, because they want me to buy a $400 insurance policy a month out from the con, and I'm calling shenanigans.  I'll eat the $300 table fee, because no fucking con is worth a $700 investment when I know I'm not making the return. Even San Diego doesn't charge that much. Fuck, neither does New York. I'm totally cool with insurance, but that seems a wee fucking ridiculous.

You'll see us at the Tucson one.  What hotel?  If it's one of the bad ones, you can bunk with us.

Arizona Riverpark Inn. It's like it wants to be a resort, but isn't. But the reviews don't suck.

It's on the wrong side of the highway and there is no pedestrian traffic allowed on Cushing Street (ie, you will need a vehicle).

...there's sidewalks on both sides of the street and it's not a busy street?  Plus every con at TCC sees that road gets inundated with pedestrian traffic?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on August 16, 2016, 09:24:03 PM
It's my birthday.

Happy birthday, Suu!

Thanks!

It's on the wrong side of the highway and there is no pedestrian traffic allowed on Cushing Street (ie, you will need a vehicle).

...there's sidewalks on both sides of the street and it's not a busy street?  Plus every con at TCC sees that road gets inundated with pedestrian traffic?

The bridge under the highway on Cushing has no sidewalks.  You have to walk way the hell over to Congress Street.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

So, last month was the all-time champion hot month, world-wide, of any time we have records for or evidence of.  Meaning "ever".

Good thing this is all just some liberal myth.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 16, 2016, 09:43:41 PM
So, last month was the all-time champion hot month, world-wide, of any time we have records for or evidence of.  Meaning "ever".

Good thing this is all just some liberal myth.

It's fucking stupid hot everywhere right now. People are dropping dead in the Northeast, but I'm sure it has to do with God smiting the non-believers or some shit, right?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's my birthday.

Happy birthday!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on August 16, 2016, 09:24:03 PM
It's my birthday.

Happy birthday, Suu!

Thanks!

I was curious about the location so I looked it up. As you said, it looks very walkable according to Google Maps, street view shows a clear sidewalk under the freeway, and the walk is only 4 minutes. As shitty as Tucson is for pedestrians, they clearly deliberately made an easy path between the hotel and the convention center, which actually makes sense for a change.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

In other news, this whole "getting used to" fire season in California is fucked up. I get it, it's something that we have to deal with like East Coasters have to deal with hurricanes and Nor'easters, but Jesus Christ, it's so unpredictable.  :sad:

On the other hand, it's amusing as hell watching the moisture build to the east and head right for Arizona. We could totally use that rain, and we're sending it to the high desert for shits and giggles.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

AND YA DON'T STOP

(I do stand corrected.  Cushing is a pedestrian underpass, and Sunset is the deathtrap.)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on August 17, 2016, 12:02:19 AM
On the other hand, it's amusing as hell watching the moisture build to the east and head right for Arizona. We could totally use that rain, and we're sending it to the high desert for shits and giggles.

Yeah, when I'm supposed to do thermal imaging in the 4M dome.   :argh!:

Trivial

You know, I thought my Dad was acquiring his conservative weirdness from Fox News or his nutty friend, until I went to church with him recently.  My parents are very Catholic and their new priest was saying that even though the Assumption wasn't considered a holy day of obligation that he thought the bishops were wrong and that you should go because black masses are happening in Oklahoma.  If you couldn't go you should say the Hail Mary a lot because Satanists are causing the murder rate to rise with the black masses.  Satanist are literally calling Satan up to tell people to murder each other, but Hail Marys will stop that.   :horrormirth:

Then continued on with his interpretation of the father against son gospel that played so well into his world view.    Someone you care about could be calling up Satan right now!

Church has always seemed weird to me but that was a tad much.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 17, 2016, 03:48:52 AM
You know, I thought my Dad was acquiring his conservative weirdness from Fox News or his nutty friend, until I went to church with him recently.  My parents are very Catholic and their new priest was saying that even though the Assumption wasn't considered a holy day of obligation that he thought the bishops were wrong and that you should go because black masses are happening in Oklahoma.  If you couldn't go you should say the Hail Mary a lot because Satanists are causing the murder rate to rise with the black masses.  Satanist are literally calling Satan up to tell people to murder each other, but Hail Marys will stop that.   :horrormirth:

Then continued on with his interpretation of the father against son gospel that played so well into his world view.    Someone you care about could be calling up Satan right now!

Your dad's priest is a Manichean heretic?

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 17, 2016, 04:03:52 AM

I had to look that up and, yeah he is!  All while spouting how heresy is bad.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 17, 2016, 04:38:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 17, 2016, 04:03:52 AM

I had to look that up and, yeah he is!  All while spouting how heresy is bad.

I have memorized a ridiculous amount of theology in which I have no belief whatsoever.   :lol: