News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axod

Yaldabaoths been having a field day with my plans these past few days, it's  like being character K from The Castle, on the way to Invitation to a Beheading, while plaing counterpoint to lowest-level Cantos of the Divine Comedy's first part.
just this

Cain

OK then.  I applied for a research position ages ago, and forgot all about it.

Thing is...it's a research position on pensions and public policy.  And I know nothing about pensions.  I just applied in the frenzy of sending out applications.  Only now they want to interview me.

Guess what I'll be brushing up on this weekend?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on August 17, 2016, 02:36:57 PM

Thing is...it's a research position on pensions and public policy.  And I know nothing about pensions.  I just applied in the frenzy of sending out applications.  Only now they want to interview me.

Russian?

Cain

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 17, 2016, 03:01:41 PM
It'll probably make about as much sense as Russian.

Let me know if the short very is anything other than "it's Fucked". I have money on it being a serious scandal relatively soon.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 16, 2016, 11:23:09 PM
I was curious about the location so I looked it up. As you said, it looks very walkable according to Google Maps, street view shows a clear sidewalk under the freeway, and the walk is only 4 minutes. As shitty as Tucson is for pedestrians, they clearly deliberately made an easy path between the hotel and the convention center, which actually makes sense for a change.

Like weather-wise or walking paths?  There are definitely some streets that are a pain to walk on because of the lack of sidewalks, but there's usually at least a wide strip of dirt to walk on on one side of a busy street. 

But this heat will murder the fuck out of people if they're not careful.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 17, 2016, 01:16:33 AM

(I do stand corrected.  Cushing is a pedestrian underpass, and Sunset is the deathtrap.)

Mistakes happen, man.

Freeky

Good luck!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on August 17, 2016, 04:43:35 PM
I was curious about the location so I looked it up. As you said, it looks very walkable according to Google Maps, street view shows a clear sidewalk under the freeway, and the walk is only 4 minutes. As shitty as Tucson is for pedestrians, they clearly deliberately made an easy path between the hotel and the convention center, which actually makes sense for a change.

Like weather-wise or walking paths?  There are definitely some streets that are a pain to walk on because of the lack of sidewalks, but there's usually at least a wide strip of dirt to walk on on one side of a busy street. 

Walking paths. Gotta bear in mind that I'm from a city that was built for pedestrians and there are few places you can't get to safely on foot, so my perspective is a bit skewed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oooooooh! Good luck!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SuuCal on August 17, 2016, 12:02:19 AM
In other news, this whole "getting used to" fire season in California is fucked up. I get it, it's something that we have to deal with like East Coasters have to deal with hurricanes and Nor'easters, but Jesus Christ, it's so unpredictable.  :sad:

On the other hand, it's amusing as hell watching the moisture build to the east and head right for Arizona. We could totally use that rain, and we're sending it to the high desert for shits and giggles.

I'm super glad we're getting a lot of rain at regular intervals up here this season; last year was terrible, we had big fires everywhere.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 17, 2016, 05:37:11 PM
Quote from: Freeky on August 17, 2016, 04:43:35 PM

Walking paths. Gotta bear in mind that I'm from a city that was built for pedestrians and there are few places you can't get to safely on foot, so my perspective is a bit skewed.

Oh.  :lol:  Yes, I see what you mean now.

POFP

Been busy as fuck moving into The City™. No parking anywhere, everywhere is dangerous, and the shower spits out rust water for the first few seconds.

It's all coming back to me now, why we moved into the farm town all those years ago...
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Suu

The San Bernadino (Blue Cut) Fire is now up to 35,000-65,000 acres. 0% contained. This is bad. And now there's one in Spring Valley, here in San Diego County not far out from the city near La Mesa and El Cajon. Substantial sized suburbs.

Fuck. This. If anything makes there way to my corner of San Diego, thousands of military families are going to be displaced.

Meanwhile, Louisiana is fucking underwater.

But Global Warming is a goddamn myth, keep watching Trump flap his lips.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 17, 2016, 04:51:17 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 17, 2016, 04:38:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 17, 2016, 04:03:52 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on August 17, 2016, 03:48:52 AM
You know, I thought my Dad was acquiring his conservative weirdness from Fox News or his nutty friend, until I went to church with him recently.  My parents are very Catholic and their new priest was saying that even though the Assumption wasn't considered a holy day of obligation that he thought the bishops were wrong and that you should go because black masses are happening in Oklahoma.  If you couldn't go you should say the Hail Mary a lot because Satanists are causing the murder rate to rise with the black masses.  Satanist are literally calling Satan up to tell people to murder each other, but Hail Marys will stop that.   :horrormirth:

Then continued on with his interpretation of the father against son gospel that played so well into his world view.    Someone you care about could be calling up Satan right now!

Church has always seemed weird to me but that was a tad much.

Your dad's priest is a Manichean heretic?

I had to look that up and, yeah he is!  All while spouting how heresy is bad.

I have memorized a ridiculous amount of theology in which I have no belief whatsoever.   :lol:

I found out the previous pope made him a monsignor.  Geh.

Burke is from our area, I hateses him.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.