Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on August 19, 2016, 09:54:03 PM
Aaaaand instant headache.

Fuck this shit.

Spent all night on the mountain last night, played with the sat views a bit.  I watched the clouds form in the mountains between AZ and CA, which then went off to Vegas, leaving CA to burn.

wrote some shit.  will post shortly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SuuCal on August 19, 2016, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 19, 2016, 06:28:42 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on August 19, 2016, 06:10:10 PM
Quote from: Nast on August 19, 2016, 08:40:46 AM
A wildfire started in my town as well today, not bad enough to worry about evacuating but maybe should start to think about what to put in a go-bag. Living that SoCal life!

In other news I found a job! It's not as many hours as I'd like, but I make good tips so that's nice. It's also crazy and bilingual.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE LIVE LIKE THIS?!

My husband is the previous make and model of Project: BITCHHAMMER than Richter, so he's like, "Whatever." And I'm in San Diego like, "OMG IS MY SHIT GONNA BURN DOWN LIKE TOMORROW WTF."

Seriously, like...fucking SERIOUSLY. I am so on edge. But I presume that if some San Diegans were on the East Coast and a Category 5 was just spinning along in the ocean, they'd feel much the same way I am right now.

There is nowhere people can live that isn't fraught with natural disasters of some kind. Forest fires, hurricanes, volcanoes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, plain old flooding... there's something for everyone.

And you only have a couple massive volcanoes in your backyard. No pressure.  :lulz:

Also, a friend of mine is apparently an "ambassador" for those essential oil vape sticks, aaaaaaaaand she sent me 2 of them, to "help with my stress" and give her a review. These are covered with warnings about not to inhale, and I wonder how many people actually do. They're designed to just go directly into your olfactory systems for aromatherapy benefits, and not go into your lungs and kill you, evidently.

Whatever, they're 20 bucks a pop, and I got them for free. For that I'll give her an almost-honest review.  They have bling on the bottoms, for them fancy hipsters.

And we built our city on a faultline in a tsunami zone, just in case there was a chance we survive the volcanoes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I think the only natural hazard where my parents live is rain, and overzealous bulls.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2016, 02:40:31 PM
I think the only natural hazard where my parents live is rain, and overzealous bulls.

Cows are scary up close.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

This is true.  But it's only because they want to check you are not a cow yourself.  Or, it's because you tipped them over in their sleep, one or the other.

Speaking of which, I am currently in the country.  Rather, in a depressing hotel on a small commercial estate surrounding a petrol station, near a village.  In a way I like this place, as it reminds me of how much worse things could be.  The gentleman behind the counter in the petrol station told me he had served over a thousand people already today, and I strongly suspect he had not been on the first morning shift.  Everything costs at least £2 more than it would in central London, because you're a captive fucking audience and they know it.  The internet is terribly slow, and I can only get 3G signal in the corner of the room next to the window.

There's also children everywhere.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I have some nutbag on OKC asking me for advice on starting The Revolution and immediately ignoring it. It's hilariously predictable.

Freeky

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 20, 2016, 11:45:48 PM
I have some nutbag on OKC asking me for advice on starting The Revolution and immediately ignoring it. It's hilariously predictable.

:lulz:  Oh, OKC.  There is so much lail in your userbase.

The Good Reverend Roger

why would you ignore the revolution?  It doesn't seem like you're really into this.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

A wildfire started in my town as well today, not bad enough to worry about evacuating but maybe should start to think about what to put in a go-bag. Living that SoCal life!

In other news I found a job! It's not as many hours as I'd like, but I make good tips so that's nice. It's also crazy and bilingual.

My husband is the previous make and model of Project: BITCHHAMMER than Richter, so he's like, "Whatever." And I'm in San Diego like, "OMG IS MY SHIT GONNA BURN DOWN LIKE TOMORROW WTF."

Seriously, like...fucking SERIOUSLY. I am so on edge. But I presume that if some San Diegans were on the East Coast and a Category 5 was just spinning along in the ocean, they'd feel much the same way I am right now.

There is nowhere people can live that isn't fraught with natural disasters of some kind. Forest fires, hurricanes, volcanoes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, plain old flooding... there's something for everyone.

I thought the middle-upstate NY region where I used to live was untouchable, but then Hurricane Irene accidentally the entire Catskills. Turns out, living in the valleys of mountains that are made up almost entirely of silty sandstone, with no real permeability, results in small villages getting washed into the Hudson. Not often, but enough.

The real threat, of course, is the fucking tent caterpillars.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2016, 06:58:19 AM

why would you ignore the revolution?  It doesn't seem like you're really into this.   :lulz:

I'm just not dreaming big enough, I guess. If I just YELLED MORE and USED MORE ELLIPSIS............we could END ALL POLITICAL PARTIES.....and fix public education......what a great time to be alive................

Suu

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on August 21, 2016, 02:55:33 PM

I thought the middle-upstate NY region where I used to live was untouchable, but then Hurricane Irene accidentally the entire Catskills. Turns out, living in the valleys of mountains that are made up almost entirely of silty sandstone, with no real permeability, results in small villages getting washed into the Hudson. Not often, but enough.

The real threat, of course, is the fucking tent caterpillars.

You mean the Snowbelt?  :lulz: Jeffland. Where we got a foot of snow for Thanksgiving, and my husband called it  a mild Thursday.  He wants to move back up that way when he retires. I told him bye. Where the FUCK am I going to work? Utica? Syracuse?  :vom:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

I don't count heavy snowfall as a natural disaster, 'cause if you build the houses and roads correctly it's hardly an issue.

But I am also a filthy, unwashed mountain hick who only requires 2 hours of sunlight a day, so YMMV.

Suu

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on August 21, 2016, 06:01:53 PM
I don't count heavy snowfall as a natural disaster, 'cause if you build the houses and roads correctly it's hardly an issue.

But I am also a filthy, unwashed mountain hick who only requires 2 hours of sunlight a day, so YMMV.

Similar to Jeff.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the next military move is going to end up in our divorce. I don't want to think about it, but the idea of having to move back to the Northeast and dealing with that shit again makes me ill. But, it's his job and his choices.

Not that it matters, mind you. President Trump is going to ensure that the Russians or Chinese kill my husband anyway.