News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on August 23, 2016, 05:59:00 AM

I am a former Sanders supporter (now Stein)

I ain't here to start a fight, but I am mystified by people who think Stein would be a good choice, or even a better choice over Clinton.  Stein has gone full patchouli, and her VP choice spends all day calling Obama an "Uncle Tom" (no joke), while giggling and touching himself.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Her supporters will bend over backwards and holler that she was taken out of context about vaccination, but they really don't have anything to say about her anti-GMO or "cell phones cause cancer" routines.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2016, 09:22:54 AM
I'm not going to lie - as I get older, watching any tv show with a cast whose characters are meant to be teenagers can be pretty awkward.  All the scenes in Scream with Carlson Young were getting me worried until I checked and found out she's only a couple of years younger than I am.  This has reduced the awkwardness considerably, but still...

Our new crop of operators are known as the "the mean girl squad".  They aren't mean girls, they just look like the girls in that movie.  Except that - to my hideously old-aged view - they look more like they actually ARE high school kids.  With afterbirth still on their ears.  Like we've been up-ending prams to get people who will stay up all night in a dome watching horror movies in between programming the telescopes.

Seriously, they sit alone in domes all night watching Silent Hill, Rose Red, and slasher flicks.  Anyone who says Millennials are wimps is talking out of their arse.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2016, 06:34:12 PM
Her supporters will bend over backwards and holler that she was taken out of context about vaccination, but they really don't have anything to say about her anti-GMO or "cell phones cause cancer" routines.

Or her saying that reactors can "detonate" like a nuclear bomb.

Or how wifi eats brains out of children.

LMNO

Apropos of nothing, I have a question about Pokémon Go:

I've got like, more than 300 Rattata candies.  What the hell can I do with them other than power up my Raticate?  I've got tons more candy than stardust, and the Raticate isn't that interesting to power up.

The Good Reverend Roger

She reminds me of Ed Koupal, back in the day, an anti-nuke activist who bragged "the only physics I ever took was Ex-Lax."  Expertise via fear-mongering.

LMNO

Indeed.  She's stopped being an idealist doctor, and is now in Professional PoliticianTM land, saying whatever it takes to get supporters.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2016, 06:38:47 PM

I've got like, more than 300 Rattata candies.  What the hell can I do with them other than power up my Raticate?  I've got tons more candy than stardust, and the Raticate isn't that interesting to power up.

Use them to evolve a bunch of Rattatas for the XP. Use a Lucky Egg first to make the most out of it!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2016, 06:49:21 PM
Indeed.  She's stopped being an idealist doctor, and is now in Professional PoliticianTM land, saying whatever it takes to get supporters.

Like Trump with a mouthful of kale smoothie.  What makes all of this so painful to watch is that she's educated.  She has her fucking MD.  How the hell does she sleep at night?

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 23, 2016, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2016, 06:38:47 PM

Use them to evolve a bunch of Rattatas for the XP. Use a Lucky Egg first to make the most out of it!

Thanks!

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2016, 06:58:40 PM

Like Trump with a mouthful of kale smoothie.  What makes all of this so painful to watch is that she's educated.  She has her fucking MD.  How the hell does she sleep at night?

Soundly, On sacks of money pried from the hands of willing dupes, I assume. When you can't point at stupidity, point at greed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 23, 2016, 07:09:57 PM

Soundly, On sacks of money pried from the hands of willing dupes, I assume. When you can't point at stupidity, point at greed.

My mother is a trained scientist that believes in all manner of woo.

A powerful mind and a first-rate education are no guarantees against having a mushy skull.  It's just that I don't believe that Stein believes the crap she spews.  So, yes.  You are correct.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2016, 08:09:36 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 23, 2016, 07:09:57 PM

My mother is a trained scientist that believes in all manner of woo.

A powerful mind and a first-rate education are no guarantees against having a mushy skull.  It's just that I don't believe that Stein believes the crap she spews.  So, yes.  You are correct.

Smells like a larger thread. Interesting. Acquiring keyboard .
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

And apparently Julian Assange is turning the baleful eye of Truth and Journalistic Heroism on Gays in Saudi Arabia.

As in, he's outing Gays.  IN SAUDI ARABIA.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2016, 06:34:12 PM

Because she's "NOT KILLARY LOL LOOK AT THIS LINK FROM BREITBART GUYS"
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."