News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

And I'm back to work tonight.  Time to see how my parting bureaucratic hand-grenade that I lobbed before I went on holiday fared (and if I still have a job).

Also it's a Saturday night and I am pretty sure I'm working alone.  After being away for two weeks, so I have no idea who any of our new residents are.  This should be fun.

POFP

Nice, Cain. Congratulations, and good luck!

Also, I hope the hand-shitnade that you threw got into enough peoples' coffee, especially if you did lose the job. Hope you don't lose the job if that's not what you want lol

Thinking about making a thread for "The Very Best of IT," where I describe the most absurd shit that has happened to me, working in IT. Included, will be the time when someone called in about our ticketing system being down, asking for a ticket number regarding the issue. They then proceeded to tell us, here at the Service Desk, that the ticketing system is an important program. As if to say we should take it a bit more seriously than we normally would.

LIKE THE PEOPLE WHOSE JOB IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON THE TICKETING SYSTEM HAVE NO IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THE SYSTEM IS.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Well, I'd rather not lose it without having another one, and place to live, lined up.

But as I've said, if I do go down, I will take everyone with me.  It's mutually assured destruction...though someone should probably tell management that at some point.

POFP

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2016, 04:44:37 PM
Well, I'd rather not lose it without having another one, and place to live, lined up.

But as I've said, if I do go down, I will take everyone with me.  It's mutually assured destruction...though someone should probably tell management that at some point.

You mean, tell management you've gone MAD?

:lolchix:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Sadly, they'd probably not even realise there was another meaning.   They're not very bright.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2016, 06:34:05 PM
Right, just need to write a cover letter, then I can send off this PhD application.

EXCELLENT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, apparently a couple months ago the complete piece of idiot shit Blue Christian Winterhawk sent my friend an apologetic email. 

:lulz:  Bets on him being broke and looking for a handout? Maybe he ran out of junkies to fleece.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Well, it's hard to make a living off of shitty poetry.

Or was he writing a novel?  I can never remember.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2016, 06:05:58 PM
Well, it's hard to make a living off of shitty poetry.

Or was he writing a novel?  I can never remember.

I think he had some really, really bad Youtube video philosophy scheme going on.

Cain

Someone should really tell him Stefan Molyneux has the shitty Youtube philosophy market cornered already.

Cain

Going back to work for a minute, my almost infinite levels of patience (ie; ability to silently seethe when confronted with gross stupidity) are definitely at an end.

Even if I don't get the job I interviewed for, or this particular Uni place, I am not inclined to take a single iota more of anyone's shit.  I've gotten too used to swallowing their crap while I was focused on my degree.  It's high time they found out who they really employed.  And since I have two weeks of emails to start on, I'm sure I'll have ample opportunities to demonstrate that tonight.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 27, 2016, 06:01:04 PM
So, apparently a couple months ago the complete piece of idiot shit Blue Christian Winterhawk sent my friend an apologetic email. 

:lulz:  Bets on him being broke and looking for a handout? Maybe he ran out of junkies to fleece.

I wouldn't bet against it, anyway.  :lulz:

I nearly forgot about that douche, but not the (color) (religion) (seasonbird) gag. 

Freeky

I found out today AlbinoBlackSheep still exists, and The Ultimate Showdown (of Ultimate Destiny) is still being hosted on it. 

I showed it to the monkey and the entire way through watching the look on his face was "what even is happening right now what is life wtf."

I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, it was priceless.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2016, 06:40:00 PM
Going back to work for a minute, my almost infinite levels of patience (ie; ability to silently seethe when confronted with gross stupidity) are definitely at an end.

Even if I don't get the job I interviewed for, or this particular Uni place, I am not inclined to take a single iota more of anyone's shit.  I've gotten too used to swallowing their crap while I was focused on my degree.  It's high time they found out who they really employed.  And since I have two weeks of emails to start on, I'm sure I'll have ample opportunities to demonstrate that tonight.

I'm pretty sure you're still employed as that place, useless as it is, would still grab keys and not be stupid enough to send a "you're done" email to your work email.

Right?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on August 27, 2016, 08:08:29 PM
I found out today AlbinoBlackSheep still exists, and The Ultimate Showdown (of Ultimate Destiny) is still being hosted on it. 

I showed it to the monkey and the entire way through watching the look on his face was "what even is happening right now what is life wtf."

I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, it was priceless.

:lulz: That's a pretty good introduction to the internet.