News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2016, 06:13:33 PM
Someone should really tell him Stefan Molyneux has the shitty Youtube philosophy market cornered already.

:lulz: :love:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 27, 2016, 10:20:56 PM
Quote from: Freeky on August 27, 2016, 08:08:29 PM
I found out today AlbinoBlackSheep still exists, and The Ultimate Showdown (of Ultimate Destiny) is still being hosted on it. 

I showed it to the monkey and the entire way through watching the look on his face was "what even is happening right now what is life wtf."

I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, it was priceless.

:lulz: That's a pretty good introduction to the internet.

I'm going to take a walk down memory lane and see what else to share with him, and this time I'll have a camera.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 27, 2016, 08:28:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2016, 06:40:00 PM
Going back to work for a minute, my almost infinite levels of patience (ie; ability to silently seethe when confronted with gross stupidity) are definitely at an end.

Even if I don't get the job I interviewed for, or this particular Uni place, I am not inclined to take a single iota more of anyone's shit.  I've gotten too used to swallowing their crap while I was focused on my degree.  It's high time they found out who they really employed.  And since I have two weeks of emails to start on, I'm sure I'll have ample opportunities to demonstrate that tonight.

I'm pretty sure you're still employed as that place, useless as it is, would still grab keys and not be stupid enough to send a "you're done" email to your work email.

Right?

Well, they don't know which keys are a copy of my door's keys.  And to be honest, they probably would.

However, rampage of revenge has been postponed.  I'm training the new member of staff for the next three nights, so I don't have time to address my emails.  What a shame...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2016, 01:16:59 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 27, 2016, 08:28:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2016, 06:40:00 PM
Going back to work for a minute, my almost infinite levels of patience (ie; ability to silently seethe when confronted with gross stupidity) are definitely at an end.

Even if I don't get the job I interviewed for, or this particular Uni place, I am not inclined to take a single iota more of anyone's shit.  I've gotten too used to swallowing their crap while I was focused on my degree.  It's high time they found out who they really employed.  And since I have two weeks of emails to start on, I'm sure I'll have ample opportunities to demonstrate that tonight.

I'm pretty sure you're still employed as that place, useless as it is, would still grab keys and not be stupid enough to send a "you're done" email to your work email.

Right?

Well, they don't know which keys are a copy of my door's keys.  And to be honest, they probably would.

However, rampage of revenge has been postponed.  I'm training the new member of staff for the next three nights, so I don't have time to address my emails.  What a shame...

Either way.  I know how you feel.  I walked out of Sasol with no job waiting for me, and I never regretted it (I was a basket case after 5 months, even though I had cash, but I never once regretted it).

Life's too short.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Well....there was a disappointing lack of rage on the email front last night, once I got around to checking them. 

However, the same manager I had a flaming row with has just told me (told, not asked) that I will be doing a 9-5 training session, then a full 12 and a 1/2 hour night shift.

I've not sent my reply yet...but Working Time Regulations hilarity will occur in 15 hours or less.  Unfortunately, there are actually laws which stipulate a consecutive 11 hours break in any 24 hour period.

And yeah, believe me, just walking out is so damn tempting. 

Vanadium Gryllz

So I managed to convince my boss to let me have a go at the datasheets.

Now to see if I can actually do it.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2016, 08:13:33 AM
Well....there was a disappointing lack of rage on the email front last night, once I got around to checking them. 

However, the same manager I had a flaming row with has just told me (told, not asked) that I will be doing a 9-5 training session, then a full 12 and a 1/2 hour night shift.

I've not sent my reply yet...but Working Time Regulations hilarity will occur in 15 hours or less.  Unfortunately, there are actually laws which stipulate a consecutive 11 hours break in any 24 hour period.

That was a hell of a nice try, though. He had to have known you would catch and counter it, I would think... or is he really stupid enough to think you'd let him get away with that?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on August 28, 2016, 09:40:35 AM

Nice!

What are you doing with them?

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 28, 2016, 04:41:43 PM

That was a hell of a nice try, though. He had to have known you would catch and counter it, I would think... or is he really stupid enough to think you'd let him get away with that?

Could be.  I did do it twice before, but that was literally because it was in the 3 month period I could be dismissed for no reason, and in the second case because I wanted my First Aid certificate updated that bad.

Plus this is the place that literally had someone work two 24 hour shifts on their own (not back to back) last month.  So...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2016, 05:21:21 PM

Could be.  I did do it twice before, but that was literally because it was in the 3 month period I could be dismissed for no reason, and in the second case because I wanted my First Aid certificate updated that bad.

Plus this is the place that literally had someone work two 24 hour shifts on their own (not back to back) last month.  So...

Fucking unreal. School administration, man.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2016, 05:21:21 PM

In my recent experience, academia is sloppy about employment law.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 28, 2016, 04:42:29 PM
Quote from: Xaz on August 28, 2016, 09:40:35 AM

Nice!

What are you doing with them?

I'm going to try and standardise them across products/regions and make sure that they've only got relevant and correct information on them.

We have had a new MD recently and due to his reorganisation of the company a few product managers have resigned and others are being reshuffled. I suggested that while there's no product management going on (is there ever?) we, as the technical department, sneakily standardise the datasheets while nobody is paying attention.

I've been doing a lot of quietly watching and learning since I started and finally I think I've figured it out - if you do things with enough confidence you can get away with pretty much anything. If it turns out to be beneficial for the company (and you don't show anyone up too much) people will even appreciate it.

Office politics are pretty interesting.

Sounds like the politics here are a far cry from the craziness that some of you guys experience though. I think that being an employee-owned company helps to even out some of the extreme power plays. We all sing kum-ba-yah around campfires instead.

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Meunster

Remember kids if you od while in the army it counts as an admission of drug problem and you can't be punished. Just have to go to rehab and asap
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on August 29, 2016, 03:34:24 PM
Remember kids if you od while in the army it counts as an admission of drug problem and you can't be punished. Just have to go to rehab and asap

It counts as lack of motivation.

The Good Reverend Roger