News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on August 30, 2016, 11:03:02 PM
Hello, gang.
I'm getting married. In three days.  :eek:

HUZZAH!

Congratulations to you and the future Mrs Deathwaffle!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

LMNO

Suu

I just gave my Trump-loving Aunt a lesson in free speech. She proceeded to get so angry with me that she called my mom. My mom laughed her off the phone. Apparently, the conversation started with, "Why did you let her get an education?!"

Oh man, I wish I had a recording of that one.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2016, 08:24:47 PM
So, reinventing the wheel in our water system.  For once in my damn life, I'm not surrounded by know-it-all chemists that could have solved this on day one.  Instead, I am surrounded by know-it-all physicists who will solve it right into it's fucking grave.  So I ignore them, and dance to their indignant howling, while doing this weird shit called "gathering data and putting it in a readable form" while "reading Army manuals and municipal procedures on how to make potable water that doesn't rip out the pipes."

Odd, I had always thought you needed a low pH to get a low pH effect.  Not so, and I really wish my teachers hadn't lied to me the whole time I was in school.

Oh man, if I had a fiver for each time my "education" proved to be either totally incorrect or inaccurate I'd have about £30K minimum.
It turns out that most education seems to teach very fucking little beyond timekeeping and mandatory attendance.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 31, 2016, 04:56:21 PM
So, reinventing the wheel in our water system.  For once in my damn life, I'm not surrounded by know-it-all chemists that could have solved this on day one.  Instead, I am surrounded by know-it-all physicists who will solve it right into it's fucking grave.  So I ignore them, and dance to their indignant howling, while doing this weird shit called "gathering data and putting it in a readable form" while "reading Army manuals and municipal procedures on how to make potable water that doesn't rip out the pipes."

Odd, I had always thought you needed a low pH to get a low pH effect.  Not so, and I really wish my teachers hadn't lied to me the whole time I was in school.

Oh man, if I had a fiver for each time my "education" proved to be either totally incorrect or inaccurate I'd have about £30K minimum.
It turns out that most education seems to teach very fucking little beyond timekeeping and mandatory attendance.

Well, I got some math out of it.  And I learned how to roll a joint badly.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2016, 05:20:10 PM

Serious question... How much trigonometry does an electrical engineer/technologist/technician really use?

Because I did about cot(assload-1) of it back in school, most of which I've forgotten since I haven't used my degree for anything other than as a source of mockery for certain supervisors at my previous job.

Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on August 31, 2016, 10:09:08 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2016, 05:20:10 PM

Serious question... How much trigonometry does an electrical engineer/technologist/technician really use?

Because I did about cot(assload-1) of it back in school, most of which I've forgotten since I haven't used my degree for anything other than as a source of mockery for certain supervisors at my previous job.

I use trig every day.  Not kidding.  I in fact am now using calc every day for our water treatment plant, but for that I cheat and use the computer, because I haven't used calc in 21 years.  I can still set the problems up, but fuck if I remember anything more than the chain rule.

But trig makes a technician's job easy.  Even more so if fabrication is involved.

The Good Reverend Roger

I now have the PD user Zenpatista pulled into my horror.

I'm giving him our water data and a tour of the facilities to generate a number of water chemistry problems with which to flog his students.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Benadryl is kinda like being drunk only more sleepy and then the mustache twirling bad guy in your dream actually shoots you in the face like he says he's going to and it hurts even though you never feel anything in your dreams and you're a mess of confused and afraid and not sure if you want to hurry up and die or try to hold on even though it's pointless and when you finally wake up you're too fucked up to communicate what just happened to your spouse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 31, 2016, 11:17:50 PM
Benadryl is kinda like being drunk only more sleepy and then the mustache twirling bad guy in your dream actually shoots you in the face like he says he's going to and it hurts even though you never feel anything in your dreams and you're a mess of confused and afraid and not sure if you want to hurry up and die or try to hold on even though it's pointless and when you finally wake up you're too fucked up to communicate what just happened to your spouse.

I have never felt an effect from Benadryl.  Knocks my wife right out, but I don't feel a thing when I take it.

In other news, it's raining.  Again.  And I have only one 500,000 gallon storage tank, so I guess I'll just dump another million gallons of water over the side.  Sort of like that scene in Masada.

Call me  Menahem ben Yehuda, freaks!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2016, 11:42:32 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 31, 2016, 11:17:50 PM

I have never felt an effect from Benadryl.  Knocks my wife right out, but I don't feel a thing when I take it.

In other news, it's raining.  Again.  And I have only one 500,000 gallon storage tank, so I guess I'll just dump another million gallons of water over the side.  Sort of like that scene in Masada.

Call me  Menahem ben Yehuda, freaks!

I am uncomfortable with how much rain you've been getting. Nothing good comes from watering The Desert.