News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

HOW CAN IT BE SO HARD TO EAT 1500 CALORIES A DAY?

That is all.

Cain

Quote from: Freeky on September 08, 2016, 02:51:42 AM

That is all.

1500 calories of what?  1500 calories of soup is pretty easy.  Especially if it's chicken or vegetable soup or something.  Chicken itself is pretty easy too...low fat, no carbs, it's a pretty neat meat.

1500 calories of sandwiches, on the other hand...not so easy.

LMNO

Cain

When I was doing the hardcore stage of this diet, I was on about 850 calories a day. 

Once I got used to it, I wasn't even that hungry.  Maybe a little bit, now and then, but I'd either just use the sugar free chewing gum or, worst came to worst, have a slice of chicken.

The Good Reverend Roger

Who among us has not done that?  Who among us has not stood mutely by the wire, while the commandant and his sleek wife drive out the gates for a night on the town? Who among us has not giggled like a maniac while using cousin Hymie's dead chest as a xylophone?  The dead are not musically-inclined.  They will not be played; the right noises are not made.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2016, 02:28:39 PM

That is all.

1500 calories of what?  1500 calories of soup is pretty easy.  Especially if it's chicken or vegetable soup or something.  Chicken itself is pretty easy too...low fat, no carbs, it's a pretty neat meat.

1500 in food, period.  I need to eat more, to get my metabolism going again.  I had 15 oz of steak (which was like, three meals to me) and it was only 600 calories. 

I'm trying to avoid so many sandwiches, since that's mostly what the monkey likes to eat and I have to save most of the bread for him.  Also, not especially filling, sandwiches.

minuspace

Kinda a little catch-22 that "need to eat more, to get my metabolism going again" so I prime the pump with a little exercise if/when energy permits.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 05, 2016, 06:50:02 PM
I just remembered the other reason I don't normally complain at work: follow up meetings.

I have already had 2 meetings, and I'm due to have another 2.

That's how they punish you for sticking your head up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on September 06, 2016, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on September 06, 2016, 04:28:20 PM
Sorry, this whole thing is making me grumbly as hell, probably because 5am is involved to get him to work.

I'm off to a orientation tour at the new jerb. I find out what my actual assignment will be on Thursday.

Much as it is amusing to watch, I feel obligated to point out she apologized for kvetching.

Usually when I kvetch, I try not to completely dismiss the very humanity of an entire region full of people.

JUST SAYING.

:lulz:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is all.

I feel your pain. I've been on a restricted-calorie diet since the term ended and it sucks ass. I'm starting to get used to it, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is all.

That's like one really great sandwich.

Or two decent sandwiches.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on September 08, 2016, 07:45:02 PM

That is all.

1500 in food, period.  I need to eat more, to get my metabolism going again.  I had 15 oz of steak (which was like, three meals to me) and it was only 600 calories. 

I'm trying to avoid so many sandwiches, since that's mostly what the monkey likes to eat and I have to save most of the bread for him.  Also, not especially filling, sandwiches.

Oh, I have the opposite problem. Keeping myself DOWN to 1500 calories is hard, especially since I cook like a mofo, and the food carts at school are superb. An 800-calorie Cajun Chicken salad for lunch? YES PLEASE!

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 08, 2016, 07:39:52 PM
Who among us has not done that?  Who among us has not stood mutely by the wire, while the commandant and his sleek wife drive out the gates for a night on the town? Who among us has not giggled like a maniac while using cousin Hymie's dead chest as a xylophone?  The dead are not musically-inclined.  They will not be played; the right noises are not made.

I'm missing any context for this. I'm not sure if I want it but it should be in the newsfeed either way.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on September 06, 2016, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on September 06, 2016, 04:28:20 PM
Sorry, this whole thing is making me grumbly as hell, probably because 5am is involved to get him to work.

I'm off to a orientation tour at the new jerb. I find out what my actual assignment will be on Thursday.

Much as it is amusing to watch, I feel obligated to point out she apologized for kvetching.

I just realized that maybe it needed to be said... I wasn't mad, I was just poking fun.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 08, 2016, 11:20:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 08, 2016, 07:39:52 PM

I'm missing any context for this. I'm not sure if I want it but it should be in the newsfeed either way.

The context was freeky's calorie issue. I had assumed it was self-imposed, but apparently not.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.