Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2016, 03:52:20 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 10, 2016, 06:54:24 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 10, 2016, 06:52:35 PM
I'm back. All my plans to go west are no more. Perhaps next year, IDK. My dad has encouraged me to write after seeing some of my stuff, so I'm going to get a simple job and do that for myself while I figure out my life. Figure I'll finish the Genesis of Eris first, but after that it's going to be "The Assault on Christmas". I may send some things to folks in PM about "the plot" and have questions before I get to that.

But it would seem someone said something about ORANGES?

.... urge to mark all as read intensifies.

ORANGES?!  Where?

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

:lol: 

Also, TWJ never answered, so where he heard that oranges were a thing that was happening I don't know.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 12, 2016, 09:35:28 PM
I love that you're being asked to do this sort of stuff.  It really sounds like the kind of stuff you'd revel in.  Happy for you.

Thanks...It is, really.  There are no simple problems.  The water issues alone would keep me happy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2016, 02:08:37 PM
My sister-in-law passed yesterday. She was born with cerebral palsy and made it to 42. I defy you to find anyone who fought harder or squeezed more out of a body, but in the end hers had nothing left at all. The Easter Seals of North Texas was (were?) a huge part of the successes in her life. Should you find yourself in a charitable mood they are good people.

Sorry to hear it, QG.  :sad:

Junkenstein

Just found out that 5 people in a company I used to work for have been sent to the clink for 30 years between them. The mugshots are cracking. Can't stop laughing, couldn't have happened to more deserving folk.

It's been coming for about 5 years. It's a fucking good day.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 13, 2016, 11:49:45 AM
Just found out that 5 people in a company I used to work for have been sent to the clink for 30 years between them. The mugshots are cracking. Can't stop laughing, couldn't have happened to more deserving folk.

It's been coming for about 5 years. It's a fucking good day.

What did they do?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Is that due to the recent change in law with company liability on such cases, or were they got under the old rules?

Junkenstein

Unsure. It's started before the fsa became the fca, reads like a standard criminal prosecution.

ETA trying to get hold of court docs now for more details, seems like they've only been hit for 1 project when it should be at least 5 to my knowledge.

The Good Reverend Roger

Who among us was never just a skinny lad?  Who among us never knew no good from bad?  Who among has never let it all hang out?  You get left alone with Big Fat Fanny, and she makes a fat boy out of you; it cannot be avoided.  You can only sing with your band.  You can only take me home tonight.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 13, 2016, 05:41:50 PM
Who among us was never just a skinny lad?  Who among us never knew no good from bad?  Who among has never let it all hang out?  You get left alone with Big Fat Fanny, and she makes a fat boy out of you; it cannot be avoided.  You can only sing with your band.  You can only take me home tonight.

This is the greatest fucking post of all time. It made my rockin' world go round.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

You need to get the astro boys to find all the pieces of Freddys essence on whatever comets and shooting stars they are currently rocking out on and get him to take corporeal form again
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Ziegejunge

worldapefund.org said:
QuoteOrangutans are the only great ape species with two types of mature adult males. One type, the flanged male, develops secondary sexual physical traits. These include a large flanged disc-shaped face, a long flowing coat of hair and a large throat sac that allows the male to make deep vocal calls over long distances. The flanged male becomes very intolerant of other males and grows in stature to be around twice the size of a female. The second type of male does not develop secondary sexual characteristic and is similar in size to an adult female. Unflanged males are unable to make long calls and are much more tolerant of other males. Both types of male will successfully reproduce with females.  All males have the potential to develop secondary sexual characteristics but it is still unclear why the development is suppressed in some males.

My buddy, upon hearing this, said:
QuoteShe doesn't want to talk to you bro. Bro, do you even flange bro?

Broangutans

Suu

I start my job as a research librarian this week. I'd sass it up, but I have to wear a uniform at the museum, and no heels, because it's an aircraft carrier. On the bright side, like Roger mentioned on my FB, I don't have to schlep tourists around. I get to hide in the library and help the occasional guest out with a project while working on specific special research projects for the museum. Once I'm there for a bit, I'll go into the collections storage and help work out that mess, hopefully. Just taking a quick peek I saw several garments that needed to have condition reporting done and sent out for conservation.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on September 13, 2016, 10:49:44 PM
I start my job as a research librarian this week. I'd sass it up, but I have to wear a uniform at the museum, and no heels, because it's an aircraft carrier. On the bright side, like Roger mentioned on my FB, I don't have to schlep tourists around. I get to hide in the library and help the occasional guest out with a project while working on specific special research projects for the museum. Once I'm there for a bit, I'll go into the collections storage and help work out that mess, hopefully. Just taking a quick peek I saw several garments that needed to have condition reporting done and sent out for conservation.

Please to read the David Drake "Lt Leary" series.  Research librarians are dangerous and not to be trifled with.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on September 13, 2016, 09:29:32 PM
You need to get the astro boys to find all the pieces of Freddys essence on whatever comets and shooting stars they are currently rocking out on and get him to take corporeal form again

Good luck with that.  He and Bowie and Lemmy are just waiting on Mick Jagger.