News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Daughter can read, memorize sequences of numbers, do basic addition, but can't write, color in the lines, use scissors or remember where her lunch table is even though it's been the same one for 2 weeks.  Hum.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Sounds like she's defective.  Return her to the store and ask for a refund.

Trivial

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2016, 06:04:01 PM
Sounds like she's defective.  Return her to the store and ask for a refund.

Ugh the rma form sucks.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Faust on September 23, 2016, 05:06:36 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 23, 2016, 04:34:55 PM
It's also what happens when you give artists final say over any design. Did I ever tell you about the guys at jaguar who wanted claw marks on the engine?

Whats an engine without a few stress fissures  :D, did they make it go faster?

They/that made the engineers leave the room pretty fucking quickly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

So now we have this fucking big-ass bear on the mountain, eating fish out of the lake and garbage out of whatever the fuck it feels like eating it out of.  I am not going to tell him where the hell he can eat.  He's taken up residence in the picnic area, which we simply closed off and put a big sign on saying "Closed on account of bear".  The radio telescope geeks still have to go through the area, but they don't pay their fucking plumbing bills, so I hope it eats them all. 

So, 4 mountain lions and a bear the size of Chris Christie, that doesn't even seem to be fully grown yet.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on September 23, 2016, 06:01:40 PM
Daughter can read, memorize sequences of numbers, do basic addition, but can't write, color in the lines, use scissors or remember where her lunch table is even though it's been the same one for 2 weeks.  Hum.

Sounds like her motor skills and place memory isn't quite caught up to her other cognitive development yet. It's normal!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We had the first TA meeting of the term yesterday, and I'm actually starting to get stoked about teaching. It turns out that I'm teaching the lab for the first term of Principles, which is pretty exciting because for a lot of these students, this will be their first time in a wet lab at all! This means they don't have any bad habits yet, and I can be super strict about lab etiquette right off the bat so they don't turn into the lazy turdpiles who don't put their equipment away. I also get to show them microscopy, and we have water bears, which is always everybody's favorite! Later in the term, I am showing them how to purify their own DNA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 24, 2016, 09:01:31 PM
We had the first TA meeting of the term yesterday, and I'm actually starting to get stoked about teaching. It turns out that I'm teaching the lab for the first term of Principles, which is pretty exciting because for a lot of these students, this will be their first time in a wet lab at all! This means they don't have any bad habits yet, and I can be super strict about lab etiquette right off the bat so they don't turn into the lazy turdpiles who don't put their equipment away. I also get to show them microscopy, and we have water bears, which is always everybody's favorite! Later in the term, I am showing them how to purify their own DNA.

Awesome! In my first year of labs someone set fire to a fume cupboard. Hopefully your students' accidents don't cause too much damage.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 24, 2016, 08:55:15 PM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on September 23, 2016, 06:01:40 PM

Sounds like her motor skills and place memory isn't quite caught up to her other cognitive development yet. It's normal!

Yay normal!

Trivial

Guys!  I just learned the NRA was the reason why the North ended the war and stopped slavery!   :lulz:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on September 25, 2016, 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 24, 2016, 09:01:31 PM

Awesome! In my first year of labs someone set fire to a fume cupboard. Hopefully your students' accidents don't cause too much damage.

Oh yeah, nope, I don't even have fume hoods! There will be no flammable or otherwise dangerous chemicals in my lab. I don't think they even get to play with ethanol or dilute HCl until the second term of chemistry.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, that's not totally true... I think we make spreader plates toward the end of the term, and that means flame-sterilizing. Well now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on September 25, 2016, 12:57:18 AM
Guys!  I just learned the NRA was the reason why the North ended the war and stopped slavery!   :lulz:

what the what