News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

My wife and I are travelling to Italy for two weeks, leaving tonight!

So excited.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ziegejunge on September 30, 2016, 06:42:19 PM
Office/work politics can be the worst. Good luck, Roger.

Thanks.

Did not get fired. There was mayhem, there were bruised egos, there were angry accusations and I'm pretty sure at least one of us shat blood in anger, but the situation is back off the table.  For another 4 weeks or so, hopefully.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2016, 07:13:09 PM
My wife and I are travelling to Italy for two weeks, leaving tonight!

So excited.

My wife and my youngest are fucking off to meet my son in Illinois for 2 weeks. 

I am going to die.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 30, 2016, 09:27:59 PM
Oh, shit.

Did they leave enough dry food?

I am being trusted with the microwave thingie.  This will not end well.

On the other hand, there's a nearby curry shop with reasonable prices.

Junkenstein

As long as they hid the skillet well enough your odds are over 30 %.

For 3rd degree burns.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2016, 10:47:08 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 30, 2016, 09:27:59 PM
Oh, shit.

Did they leave enough dry food?

I am being trusted with the microwave thingie.  This will not end well.

On the other hand, there's a nearby curry shop with reasonable prices.

... which may also not end well. :eek:

Glad at least the meeting didn't result in a shitstorm though!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

There is an unintended consequence of a massive vindaloo buildup that could lead to a catastrophic sewer meltdown. And Mitch McConnel ain't gonna be able to walk this one back.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2016, 08:49:43 PM

Thanks.

Did not get fired. There was mayhem, there were bruised egos, there were angry accusations and I'm pretty sure at least one of us shat blood in anger, but the situation is back off the table.  For another 4 weeks or so, hopefully.

How do you see this playing out, in the long run?

All I'm thinking is that if this is about being as vindictive as possible, they might want to string this out until December.  Best time to put the boot in, just as Christmas is rolling around.  Hopefully there's an expiry date on this nonsense, but if not...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Thanks.

Glad they got hollered back in line. What did they think was going to happen after the last time you refused to fire her, anyway? Youd miraculously catch a case of the sniveling weasels?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 01, 2016, 08:05:48 AM

Thanks.

How do you see this playing out, in the long run?

All I'm thinking is that if this is about being as vindictive as possible, they might want to string this out until December.  Best time to put the boot in, just as Christmas is rolling around.  Hopefully there's an expiry date on this nonsense, but if not...

It's a race between my boss retiring and a Nasaki-level shitstorm.  18 months.

And her probation is set to end on December 16th, which is also a year to the day since I started.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 01, 2016, 03:50:43 PM

Thanks.

Glad they got hollered back in line. What did they think was going to happen after the last time you refused to fire her, anyway? Youd miraculously catch a case of the sniveling weasels?

They keep upping the intimidation levels.

But I worked with Lily for 8 years, so this is a doddle.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 01, 2016, 03:57:25 AM
There is an unintended consequence of a massive vindaloo buildup that could lead to a catastrophic sewer meltdown. And Mitch McConnel ain't gonna be able to walk this one back.

OR I'LL DIE TRYING.

On the other hand, my wife, my kid, and even my dog are gone.  Big empty house.  Everything is awful and I wanna die.   :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 01, 2016, 12:12:35 AM

For 3rd degree burns.

Naw, but what DID happen is that I got a whole-leg cramp in my left leg that seems to have damaged muscle around my left knee and ankle.

You know that water chemistry problem I've been working on?  where it basically rains distilled water and there's no alkalinity?  well, I've been drinking that water this whole time and I seem to have washed out my electrolytes.  Took some mag and potassium, and the cramp evaporated.  But not the insanely sore muscles.  So now I'm stumping around like Igor.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2016, 01:27:22 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 01, 2016, 12:12:35 AM

For 3rd degree burns.

Naw, but what DID happen is that I got a whole-leg cramp in my left leg that seems to have damaged muscle around my left knee and ankle.

You know that water chemistry problem I've been working on?  where it basically rains distilled water and there's no alkalinity?  well, I've been drinking that water this whole time and I seem to have washed out my electrolytes.  Took some mag and potassium, and the cramp evaporated.  But not the insanely sore muscles.  So now I'm stumping around like Igor.

Wait, are you saying you've been drinking homeopathic gatorade and it wasn't helping?