News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on October 07, 2016, 04:05:01 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 28, 2016, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: Freeky on September 27, 2016, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2016, 09:33:02 PM
Reading is how the demons get in your eyeballs.

This is true, and it's why all books should be banned unless it's the Bible, and we really shouldn't look at that too hard, either.  Just in case.

The Bible puts THE MOST demons in your eyes tho...
That's why we must DEMONiSE it even moar!
Subgenii effectively got there first. Perhaps we can just find the Bible a nice retirement community somewhere. It can re-live the glory days when memes were regarded as life&death matters and the old names REALLY meant something to the average "pleb on the street", but not have to worry about forgetting to take it's pills on time and eat a proper diet instead of just burnt steak like all the fucking time.

Of course the fans will complain if the ending is "off cannon", but everybody knows it was left on a cliffhanger so the Author wouldn't get pigeon-holed too badly if the third act twist failed to land with the audience.

Oh my :lulz:

Perhaps some kind of neo-con effort to re-engage the public in a narrative that attempts to save it from irrelevancy.  We could graft some of its internal conflict on the stage of political debate, as though participation mattered.  We could take credit for the good, and misanthropically misattribute the bad.  Win-win.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on October 07, 2016, 03:19:31 PM

This is true, and it's why all books should be banned unless it's the Bible, and we really shouldn't look at that too hard, either.  Just in case.

Subgenii effectively got there first. Perhaps we can just find the Bible a nice retirement community somewhere. It can re-live the glory days when memes were regarded as life&death matters and the old names REALLY meant something to the average "pleb on the street", but not have to worry about forgetting to take it's pills on time and eat a proper diet instead of just burnt steak like all the fucking time.

Of course the fans will complain if the ending is "off cannon", but everybody knows it was left on a cliffhanger so the Author wouldn't get pigeon-holed too badly if the third act twist failed to land with the audience.

Perhaps some kind of neo-con effort to re-engage the public in a narrative that attempts to save it from irrelevancy.  We could graft some of its internal conflict on the stage of political debate, as though participation mattered.  We could take credit for the good, and misanthropically misattribute the bad.  Win-win.
:lulz: :fnord: :lulz:
You're sure you're using an alt-right?? Sounds to me like you're rather well acquainted with things already. It's an old game, sure, and hath infinite replay value,
but whoever would want to?

No really though, sometimes I wonder if maybe 'ol HVHY let the "war" happen to keep the kids busy while he set up an object lesson for the mouthy ones.

That or the universe is pirated shareware that won't allow freewill carnal sentience orgnisims without registration. Since the program would be infinite a hack was inevitable and greatly discouraged by causing Lightbearer.exe to glitch and seek panterminus if the universe is run long enough to develop such, or outright hacked by Root, without paying into some ridiculous, eternal "Freemium" scam.

Changes the game to think of the local creator as a rebel and 'ol Louie as a Manchurian candidate for the REAL tyrants.

I'm not usually allowed to theology. Folks get upset.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

Someone should do a Poe's law study on satire sites vs serious sites and see if the amount of scammy, spammy, and malware infested links and ads on it correlates with the intent of the author. 

In other news, right wing conspiracy theorist co-worker seems to constantly get calls from Jamaica and India telling him his Windows is compromised.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Rick Perlstein once wrote a fascinating essay on the links between the American right and scams.

http://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-long-con

QuoteIn 2007, I signed on to the email lists of several influential magazines on the right, among them Townhall, which operates under the auspices of evangelical Stuart Epperson's Salem Communications; Newsmax, the organ more responsible than any other for drumming up the hysteria that culminated in the impeachment of Bill Clinton; and Human Events, one of Ronald Reagan's favorite publications. The exercise turned out to be far more revealing than I expected. Via the battery of promotional appeals that overran my email inbox, I mainlined a right-wing id that was invisible to readers who encounter conservative opinion at face value.

Subscriber lists to ideological organs are pure gold to the third-party interests who rent them as catchments for potential customers. Who better suits a marketing strategy than a group that voluntarily organizes itself according to their most passionately shared beliefs? That's why, for instance, the other day I (and probably you) got an advertisement by way of liberal magazine The American Prospect seeking donations to Mercy Corps, a charity that helps starving children in the Third World. But back when I was getting emails every day from Newsmax and Townhall, the come-ons were a little bit different.

The Good Reverend Roger

DAY 7 OF BEING ALONE IN THE HOUSE:

Bourbon supply critical.  The porters have fucked off with the microwave nasties.  Fred is telling me to shape up, take a bath, that kind of shit, but he is a lizard and shouldn't be saying anything.  I beat my laundry with a crowbar to make it flexible enough for the machine, and now my laundry is still dirty and I need a new crowbar.  The cat has shat all over everything.  But I don't own a cat. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

That entire article is great. I assume the reverse holds true as well as someone on the left must be pulling the same shit with the opposite spin.

Timeshare companies and other assorted con men would give limbs for those lists. Hell, I'd pay a great deal for them because it's basically gold. I'm sure their response rate is well over the usual 1-2%.

And will someone PLEASE send the fire brigade to Rogers. They're not needed right now but having them on standby around now seems smart.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 03:46:05 PM

You're sure you're using an alt-right?? Sounds to me like you're rather well acquainted with things already. It's an old game, sure, and hath infinite replay value,

No really though, sometimes I wonder if maybe 'ol HVHY let the "war" happen to keep the kids busy while he set up an object lesson for the mouthy ones.

That or the universe is pirated shareware that won't allow freewill carnal sentience orgnisims without registration. Since the program would be infinite a hack was inevitable and greatly discouraged by causing Lightbearer.exe to glitch and seek panterminus if the universe is run long enough to develop such, or outright hacked by Root, without paying into some ridiculous, eternal "Freemium" scam.

Changes the game to think of the local creator as a rebel and 'ol Louie as a Manchurian candidate for the REAL tyrants.

As long as 'panterminus' remains a chose-your-own-adventure-style inversion of the hermeneutic cycle, with multiple endings instead of beginnings, then we might be alright.  Otherwise I would find myself quite lost, willing to remember what the later Participle represented in that monsterous compound of deities.  They could start as decimals, work their way up to a fraction. :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on October 08, 2016, 04:11:52 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 03:46:05 PM

As long as 'panterminus' remains a chose-your-own-adventure-style inversion of the hermeneutic cycle, with multiple endings instead of beginnings, then we might be alright.  Otherwise I would find myself quite lost, willing to remember what the later Participle represented in that monsterous compound of deities.  They could start as decimals, work their way up to a fraction. :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: Hey man what kind of scam are you trying to pull here, HUH!?  :eek:

I get exactly half of the whole prime numbers or I walk, and I'm talking real far buddy. If you come back to The Table later it's going to be double that to get me to even sit down.

I mean you can still run the scam on everyone else, but silence this heavy better be GOLDEN buster! Think I'm gonna let the whole soul economy take a bath without my unfair share in the... hey, is this thing recording??

*checks*

Oh, no I think it's not on... well anyway that's our arrangement if that's, you know,  what you want. Call "Bob" and set up the rest.

*tape runs out*
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

I'll make my way up there soon, just need to finish factoring all assets :lulz:  meanwhile, I ran over some dubable tape:  Twilight Zone - I of Newton re:  decimals and fractions
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQ6ZC8EUQ0

POFP

My girlfriend got into an argument with some Creationists on Facebook. Apparently the "science" they're pushing now implies that the Sun is shrinking (At a rate of 5 ft/yds/wtf ever per day), and that if the earth is as old as Evolutionists say it is (Yes, I know Evolution is a 'Life on Earth' thing, and has nothing to do with space, but tell them that.) the Earth would've been engulfed by the Sun several thousand years ago.

This was apparently based on a misinterpretation of a flawed study that demonstrated that the Sun Pulsates (Its luminous exterior gets slightly larger and smaller during its overall expansion process).

This study, of course, was refuted and corrected back in like the 80s. But hey, people with PhDs dedicated their lives to this stuff, man. It's a science.

In better news, I've been given the responsibility of "Designated Trainer" for our supported accounts. They're giving me more freedom to help out the newbz who've been here awhile as well. I pretty much get away with anything. They've even stopped keeping track of my Tardies.

It must also be noted that they've never had a "Designated Trainer" for our accounts before. I'm the first they've seen fit to grant this unofficial title. Over the next week or two, I will be developing a modular curriculum for newcomers that essentially fits into a single, well-organized OneNote Document. At this rate, I will be in a supervisor/process management position in under 6 months. After that, I'm likely to apply to some Defense Contracting companies where I'll have a cooler sounding title, but the same responsibilities and better pay than I have now.

Also, turns out some guy on another account that my company supports wanted to give the company the biggest FUCK YOU he could before leaving. And I have to say, this is probably the most effective FUCK YOU THIS IS MY LAST TWO WEEKS AND UR GONNA FEEL IT I have ever heard:

Active Directory, for those of you that don't know, is an account/folder/permissions/login management system for Microsoft compatible Enterprise software. It stores accounts and directories in Domains, which have separate permissions and accesses, and even locations. And permissions are controlled by Group membership. For example, to have email access, you must have an Active Directory Account with an assigned email address and Exchange Server configuration, and you must be a part of a Group that includes access to such exchange servers. When you log into a company computer on a Windows computer, you are usually logging in with your Active Directory account. This is where all your files and information is stored.

At the Service Desk, on many of our accounts, we have Administrative access in Active Directory. On this guy's last two weeks, he decided to write and run a Batch script that systematically went through every Active Directory login account, cleared the information and access for each account, and then deleted the account completely. The clearing of the information before deletion was to prevent restoration from backups.

This script got through about 3000 accounts (6000 people work for the company the guy supported) before they removed the permissions and stopped the script. Let's just say, the guy was likely looking at life sentences, so we haven't heard of him since. He's likely run to another country to hide.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on October 08, 2016, 05:23:53 PM
I'll make my way up there soon, just need to finish factoring all assets :lulz:  meanwhile, I ran over some dubable tape:  Twilight Zone - I of Newton re:  decimals and fractions
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQ6ZC8EUQ0

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: I've missed a lot of good stuff apparently! The changing t-shirts were just amazing, but that ending... priceless!

8) I'd have kept the loot

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

DAY 8 ALONE IN THE HOUSE:

Failed spectacularly at coffee.  Not my fault, no matter what that bastard Fred says.  What does that guy know?  Lizards don't even drink coffee.  My smart phone is too smart and won't do the thing, and the Quaker Oats guy is smirking at me and judging me for all of my failures, real and perceived.  Monday is the half-way point and I feel confident and optimistic, like that George Mallory guy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, for the first time in years, I got totally turned around in Tucson, 10:45 PM, NO traffic, circling around 22nd, Kino, & Aviation Parkway.  I completely reversed North and South in my head and drove in circles for 15 fucking minutes, growing increasingly paranoid and wound up backing up an on-ramp.  Horrendously illegal driving can compensate for any level of incompetence.

POFP

This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.