News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

I had no idea the high five was a gay thing.

Of course, now I have to find malicious ways to use this information.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 18, 2016, 05:45:57 PM
Hi, I'm back!

Or should I say, "ciao"!

Anyway, it was awesome, breathtaking, tasty, exhausting.  Those of you on FB saw the pics.

So, MARK ALL READ, or what?

Howdy, world traveler!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on October 18, 2016, 07:30:09 PM
Just to let you know, if you're an undercover agent looking to bust a discordian cult: The actual discordians cleared out years ago, we're whats left and we're ALL agents.

It gets lonely, out here in the trenches.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 18, 2016, 06:54:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 18, 2016, 06:43:11 PM
Friends.  Some of us have known each other here for more than a decade.

That seems rare in this day and age. Do you think of one another as Discordians in your friendships? I know one person IRL who identifies as one, but he works 2 jobs and goes to school somehow so that doesn't really leave a lot of time for communication.

In all seriousness, though, I met my partner here. In like 2009 or something. We identify as Discordians and are raising our children as Discordians.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 19, 2016, 01:35:40 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 19, 2016, 01:16:07 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 19, 2016, 12:45:31 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 19, 2016, 12:40:30 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 19, 2016, 12:19:43 AM
Guys, I think most people here are older than the high five.
:eek: Wait, when was the high five?!
Asking for a friend...

Welcome back LMNO! Glad that your journey was safe, and fabulous all around of course!

Hm... that would explain why I have no idea who invented it, but not getting much media exposure also basically meant for all I know that could have been invented in 1992 or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Burke

I had no idea!

LMNO

That is excellent information.  This must be spread.  Knowledge wants to be free (and fabulous).

Cain

"High fives part of gay conspiracy, secret way to spread AIDS."  That's how it will spread, I'm afraid.

The Good Reverend Roger

For the first time in 5 years, I have my whole family together again.  :banana:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 18, 2016, 06:43:11 PM
Friends.  Some of us have known each other here for more than a decade.

14 years.  Let that sink in a little.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Oh boy! I really needed to feel like my left hand is completely detached today! Thanks brain!

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 19, 2016, 08:01:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 07:18:56 PM
For the first time in 5 years, I have my whole family together again.  :banana:

YAAAAY!

Yeah, it was 5 years ago that Ian went into the marines, if you can believe it

LMNO

Oh, lord.  Does he need to go to the VFW hall for the talk, or is he all good?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 19, 2016, 08:02:33 PM
Oh, lord.  Does he need to go to the VFW hall for the talk, or is he all good?

He's fine.  He's already forgotten he was ever in, and he only got home last night.

LMNO

That's as good an ending as could be hoped for.  Glad you're all together.