News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Fair enough. I'll outsource it to Findem, Fuckem and Flee LLP.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 08:57:02 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 19, 2016, 08:55:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 08:18:06 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 19, 2016, 08:15:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 08:10:23 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 19, 2016, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 07:18:56 PM
For the first time in 5 years, I have my whole family together again.  :banana:

Excellent work that two legged Komodo.

Why don't you offer to show them what you've learned in the kitchen over the past few weeks?

Because Jenn would frown.  She might look exasperated.

You survived, though!

24 hour Thai takeout is only 20 minutes from my house.

Then I am even more impressed you didn't take the entire Desert with you.

My trainer at the gym has expressed his loathing.

That's his fault for making me do reverse hypers.

He deserves it.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 20, 2016, 07:23:17 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 20, 2016, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 20, 2016, 02:55:51 PM
I'm FB friends with twid, if you want me to send a message.  Or, 'send a message'.

If you're interested in buying the debt, why not do both?

The overhead on Mr Chop and Mr Scratch isn't worth it, to be quite honest.

Maybe not in terms of money...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on October 20, 2016, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 08:57:02 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 19, 2016, 08:55:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 08:18:06 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 19, 2016, 08:15:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 08:10:23 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 19, 2016, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 19, 2016, 07:18:56 PM
For the first time in 5 years, I have my whole family together again.  :banana:

Excellent work that two legged Komodo.

Why don't you offer to show them what you've learned in the kitchen over the past few weeks?

Because Jenn would frown.  She might look exasperated.

You survived, though!

24 hour Thai takeout is only 20 minutes from my house.

Then I am even more impressed you didn't take the entire Desert with you.

My trainer at the gym has expressed his loathing.

That's his fault for making me do reverse hypers.

He deserves it.

He does.  He totally does.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trivial

Is there some weird thing that a dental x-ray can't be used for medical purposes?  Friend of mine went through hell with a medical issue and part of it involved bullshit with xrays.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

I'm just guessing but a dental x-ray probably has less precision and finer detail then a medical one, as enamel and bone structure would absorb more rays and show more clearly on the x-ray.
I imagine they are interchangeable for simple stuff.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MMIX

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 21, 2016, 04:24:53 AM
Is there some weird thing that a dental x-ray can't be used for medical purposes?  Friend of mine went through hell with a medical issue and part of it involved bullshit with xrays.

Nope, I don't know of any weird things. We have a bit of an argument going on over here about whether you can use them for non-medical purposes, though.The only thing a dental x-ray should be used for  is  for medical purposes. The nature of x-rays means they have potentially detrimental physical effects and these are normally balanced against the physical benefits to the patient of using them. Using them as a means of "guessing with science" whether you should refuse entry to "children" who appear to be too old because their teeth are too developed is definitely not an ethical use of a hazardous technology. 
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Wizard Joseph

It's simple. Theu can't charge you for xrays that someone else took. Did you go to the oral surgery dept of a certain hospital instead of a dentist?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

The problem he had was actually a foreign object in the upper throat, so the xrays probably wouldn't have helped any in diagnosis, he just thought it dumb that the dentist said, sure I'll send this to the other docs and the other docs are like "we won't even look".

The end of his ordeal involved him fighting to look at his own ct scan, seeing something weird after being told nothing wrong, and having the ENT agree that yes there was something weird and having the something weird surgically removed.

They don't know what it is yet, I'm going with alien tracking device.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 21, 2016, 06:11:17 PM
The problem he had was actually a foreign object in the upper throat, so the xrays probably wouldn't have helped any in diagnosis, he just thought it dumb that the dentist said, sure I'll send this to the other docs and the other docs are like "we won't even look".

The end of his ordeal involved him fighting to look at his own ct scan, seeing something weird after being told nothing wrong, and having the ENT agree that yes there was something weird and having the something weird surgically removed.

Huh. So he went in because of breathing obstruction or something? I don't understand how dental records got called in, but medical "policy" was never my thing. My anecdotal understanding of my former employer's policies could be summed up as "care until it hurts or they can't pay, then care some more". By care I mean rack up shit to get paid for with an eye towards a patient's "well being" not necessarily health.

That he had to fight to see his CT results is unsurprising. Finding something on it that was "missed" is weird though. My first guess is incompetence. All my guesses after that presume that it's DEFINITELY an alien implant and go downhill from there.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

NeonWytch

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 21, 2016, 07:22:19 PM
All my guesses after that presume that it's DEFINITELY an alien implant and go downhill from there.
The real question is, how many more alien devices were added when they were removing the first one?
How do you know they didn't just replace your friend in the operating room with a large, man-shaped alien tracking device?
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: NeonWytch on October 21, 2016, 10:58:11 PM
All my guesses after that presume that it's DEFINITELY an alien implant and go downhill from there.
The real question is, how many more alien devices were added when they were removing the first one?
How do you know they didn't just replace your friend in the operating room with a large, man-shaped alien tracking device?

Ok that's just crazy talk.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

Quote from: NeonWytch on October 21, 2016, 10:58:11 PM

:lulz:  I knew it!

Trivial

Huh. So he went in because of breathing obstruction or something? I don't understand how dental records got called in, but medical "policy" was never my thing. My anecdotal understanding of my former employer's policies could be summed up as "care until it hurts or they can't pay, then care some more". By care I mean rack up shit to get paid for with an eye towards a patient's "well being" not necessarily health.

That he had to fight to see his CT results is unsurprising. Finding something on it that was "missed" is weird though. My first guess is incompetence. All my guesses after that presume that it's DEFINITELY an alien implant and go downhill from there.

The pain was kinda in the jaw area too so that's why a dentist was involved at some point. There wasn't a breathing obstruction.  I don't know if he could localize it on some days, it made him miss work.  Wonder if he had an infection or something that just made everything go "ow".

Yeah the fact he saw something and the docs didn't is weird, but it was a definite something since he had surgery.

LMNO

For some reason, I keep losing the bookmark to the page with all the "in my day" childhood memes; the ones that were like "in my day we didn't wear helmets while biking -- because the kids with massive brain trauma can't post online."

Anyone remember where that went?