News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO on October 23, 2016, 03:12:39 PM
For some reason, I keep losing the bookmark to the page with all the "in my day" childhood memes; the ones that were like "in my day we didn't wear helmets while biking -- because the kids with massive brain trauma can't post online."

Anyone remember where that went?

http://imgur.com/gallery/l8xuZ

Not sure about the thread itself, but I got tired of having the same problem.

LMNO

Trivial

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2016, 04:55:21 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 23, 2016, 03:12:39 PM
For some reason, I keep losing the bookmark to the page with all the "in my day" childhood memes; the ones that were like "in my day we didn't wear helmets while biking -- because the kids with massive brain trauma can't post online."

Anyone remember where that went?

http://imgur.com/gallery/l8xuZ

Not sure about the thread itself, but I got tired of having the same problem.

I love these!
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

Jack Chick is dead.  Who is going to step up with the "Pope is the reason for everything" theories?

NeonWytch

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on October 24, 2016, 10:18:06 PM
Jack Chick is dead.  Who is going to step up with the "Pope is the reason for everything" theories?
Jack Chick just died?
Has he even been doing stuff for the last few years?
He wasn't even a speedbump on the news highway, was he? I can't find anything about it anywhere, other than the small addition of a death date on his wikipedia page.
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Trivial

Suu

I was of the mind that he probably died like 30 years ago, and somebody was ghostwriting his shit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Jack Chick waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to the American People were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jack was a Christian for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the church sermons and he said to dad "I want to be a Christian daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the grim future of 2016 he knew there were demons.
"This is Roberston" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his pencil and drew up anothe tract.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired liberal propaganda. Jack railed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, Jack. You are the demons"
And then Jack was a zombie.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2016, 11:40:32 AM
Jack Chick waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to the American People were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jack was a Christian for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the church sermons and he said to dad "I want to be a Christian daddy."
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the grim future of 2016 he knew there were demons.
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired liberal propaganda. Jack railed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

:lulz:  :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2016, 11:40:32 AM

:lulz: :mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SuuCal on October 25, 2016, 03:09:36 AM
I was of the mind that he probably died like 30 years ago, and somebody was ghostwriting his shit.

I vaguely remember reading an article about this -- I think someone else has been ghostwriting Chick tracts for a long time, maybe his son.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

It's a terrible thing when you have to explain your references.

Take today for instance. My wife's had a bit of pain resulting in an overnight stay in hospital. Pain coming in waves, bit of a shit, times when she can talk and laugh and times when she.... can't. All resolvable and should be fine in less than 24 hours. Good stuff modern medicine.

So suggesting that if the current treatment doesn't work, we can always look at the "Old Yeller" option didn't exactly get the response I expected from the 20-ish and late 40's-ish nurses.

"Old Yeller?"
"What's that?"
"Err... You know, the film?"
"Never heard of it"
"What?"
"Pretty famous film, a kid and his dog..."
"Is it new?"
"I've got a dog, let me find my phone"
"...and the dog gets rabies....."
"Oh no!"
"My dog's got a disorder too"
"...What? No, the kid, you know, shoots it"
"WHAT"
"OH MY GOD"
"WHAT"
" (Untranslatable gibbering)"
"WHAT"
".... It's a pretty famous film"
"GET OUT"
"(Still indecipherable)"

In my defence I really don't think this is an obscure reference.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I had such a nice dream this morning! I was with (generic dream person) and we were running up some dilapidated stairs in an apartment complex, but I still ended up getting cornered by this Ken Bone looking motherfucker intent on murdering me. Luckily, my friend got 911 on the line without him noticing and they recorded everything while the cops were on the way. He was mega pissed and tried beating me with his belt but I didn't feel a thing and I cackled and stole it from him and threw his phone out the window right before the police took him into custody. You'll need a new one when your ass gets out of prison anyway, dicknuts! Then I got invited to a party.

... attempted murder is a normal happy dream, yes?

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 25, 2016, 09:58:37 PM
It's a terrible thing when you have to explain your references.

Take today for instance. My wife's had a bit of pain resulting in an overnight stay in hospital. Pain coming in waves, bit of a shit, times when she can talk and laugh and times when she.... can't. All resolvable and should be fine in less than 24 hours. Good stuff modern medicine.

So suggesting that if the current treatment doesn't work, we can always look at the "Old Yeller" option didn't exactly get the response I expected from the 20-ish and late 40's-ish nurses.

"Old Yeller?"
"What's that?"
"Err... You know, the film?"
"Never heard of it"
"What?"
"Pretty famous film, a kid and his dog..."
"Is it new?"
"I've got a dog, let me find my phone"
"...and the dog gets rabies....."
"Oh no!"
"My dog's got a disorder too"
"...What? No, the kid, you know, shoots it"
"WHAT"
"OH MY GOD"
"WHAT"
" (Untranslatable gibbering)"
"WHAT"
".... It's a pretty famous film"
"GET OUT"
"(Still indecipherable)"

In my defence I really don't think this is an obscure reference.

:lulz:

Man you brits really take right to die seriously.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

It was just so depressing.

I dread to think what would happen if I try and explain "Song of the South".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.