News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 17, 2016, 04:15:17 PM
It's pretty easy to criticize the tactical choices of the characters in the walking dead and the fact that they embroil themselves in unnecessary situations. It's another thing to live it, not having read or browsed any pepper forums, or gathered any resources in advance.

Preppers are a hoot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

I'm not so much worried about the "walking dead" apocalypse scenario as the "voting dumb" apocalypse scenario.

I'm pretty much at the "hoarding dried beans" stage of grief, at the moment. Beans got electrolytes, right?

We would have to get the Idiocracy that's low in electrolytes, wouldn't we?
Formerly something else...

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2016, 04:28:07 PM
It's pretty easy to criticize the tactical choices of the characters in the walking dead and the fact that they embroil themselves in unnecessary situations. It's another thing to live it, not having read or browsed any pepper forums, or gathered any resources in advance.

Preppers are a hoot.

There's the joke that all the prep you need is to kill a prepper and take their shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 17, 2016, 04:41:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2016, 04:28:07 PM

Preppers are a hoot.

There's the joke that all the prep you need is to kill a prepper and take their shit.

Mismatched camo and Ug boots, here I come!   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 17, 2016, 04:30:32 PM
I'm not so much worried about the "walking dead" apocalypse scenario as the "voting dumb" apocalypse scenario.

I'm pretty much at the "hoarding dried beans" stage of grief, at the moment. Beans got electrolytes, right?

Roll that beautiful bean footage.

Bruno

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 17, 2016, 04:48:51 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on November 17, 2016, 04:30:32 PM

Roll that beautiful bean footage.

I would, but Photobucket has gotten on my very last nerve, and I have nowhere I'm willing to go through the trouble of uploading photos to use here.
Formerly something else...

Salty

Screw beans! I am going to start hoarding cigarettes and booze. I won't be able to eat them, but will be able to hire large men who will work/steal to support their habits.

Also, hoarding pit pulls.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I have found a new joy in math.

It's been a shit year for everybody, I think. Leaving the business has been freaking my shit out, along with everything else.

So, because I have to anyway, I have taken to math with the same intensity I have applied to me work. It's kind of funny, 10 years ago I was just lazy and unmotivated to learn anything. Now I have this drive that won't go away.

Anyway, when I get into a smooth math groove I lose all sense of everything but the numbers and this flow takes over. I usually have to warm up to get there, but once I am there it's all I can see. Afterward, I can think more clearly about current things and random memories of things I haven't thought about in years fill my head with stunning detail and clarity.

It's kind of weird, but I love it. And it's FREE, more or less. Hell yeah. If I could channel my desire for weed into math...

Trivial

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 17, 2016, 07:14:23 PM

It's been a shit year for everybody, I think. Leaving the business has been freaking my shit out, along with everything else.

So, because I have to anyway, I have taken to math with the same intensity I have applied to me work. It's kind of funny, 10 years ago I was just lazy and unmotivated to learn anything. Now I have this drive that won't go away.

Anyway, when I get into a smooth math groove I lose all sense of everything but the numbers and this flow takes over. I usually have to warm up to get there, but once I am there it's all I can see. Afterward, I can think more clearly about current things and random memories of things I haven't thought about in years fill my head with stunning detail and clarity.

It's kind of weird, but I love it. And it's FREE, more or less. Hell yeah. If I could channel my desire for weed into math...

If you actually like statistics there's room for that about everywhere.

I like weird stuff about statistics, but figuring out which distribution to use and when confused the hell out of me when I took that class.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Salty

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on November 17, 2016, 07:29:46 PM

I like weird stuff about statistics, but figuring out which distribution to use and when confused the hell out of me when I took that class.

Haven't taken that yet, but now I am kind of excited by the prospect. It's all very confusing to me.

In a lot of ways it's like learning to play music, you kind of just have to do it for a few hours most days out of the week, and eventually it all comes together.

MithridatesXXIII

Statistics is pretty cool. It helps to use your spatial sense when thinking about it.

Junkenstein

Any dispensaries looking for an accountant/bookkeeper or such that will work on a barter system? Hell, smaller firms of all stripes are often in need of a person that can bugger about well with excel or similar.

At 11 - more unsolicited advice.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Trivial

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 17, 2016, 07:32:46 PM

Haven't taken that yet, but now I am kind of excited by the prospect. It's all very confusing to me.

In a lot of ways it's like learning to play music, you kind of just have to do it for a few hours most days out of the week, and eventually it all comes together.

So many professions use it.  Especially professions the need to turn people into numbers.

One of my favorite stories about stats is about the student's t distribution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Sealy_Gosset

Basically Guinness needed to find the best brewing process but didn't want to make large batches to do the testing.  They hired Gosset to figure out a new statistical distribution for it.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Salty

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 17, 2016, 07:38:25 PM
Any dispensaries looking for an accountant/bookkeeper or such that will work on a barter system? Hell, smaller firms of all stripes are often in need of a person that can bugger about well with excel or similar.

At 11 - more unsolicited advice.

That's an excellent advice. I did barely pass Principles of Accounting, but I bet doing that at a weed shop is probably just the same shit day in and day out. I've been thinking about just selling at one. There's one blocks away that all have really nice people.

Salty

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on November 17, 2016, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 17, 2016, 07:32:46 PM

So many professions use it.  Especially professions the need to turn people into numbers.

One of my favorite stories about stats is about the student's t distribution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Sealy_Gosset

Basically Guinness needed to find the best brewing process but didn't want to make large batches to do the testing.  They hired Gosset to figure out a new statistical distribution for it.

Ah! Very cool. They're going to need that kind of thing in Portland. I guess there's a stop-gap in getting edibles in stock due to testing facilities or requirements? I've been thinking about getting into chemistry because weed testing would be a super rad job.

Testing that isn't bong rips. that is.