News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I've got a painful medical thing going on and the new PA gave me Tramadol. Fuck Tramadol.
Taken it for 2 days now, each morning I wake up with the worst headache I've ever had and about to puke any second.

I feel like something that crawled out of the ass of something else. A deer maybe. Or a lost gerbil. I feel like if shit could shit itself. What the fuck is wrong with vicoden?

Really, I should be grateful to live in a place where I can get that kind of health care at all. Still, fuck Tramadol.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Just Alty, Please on December 04, 2016, 07:01:36 PM
I've got a painful medical thing going on and the new PA gave me Tramadol. Fuck Tramadol.
Taken it for 2 days now, each morning I wake up with the worst headache I've ever had and about to puke any second.

I feel like something that crawled out of the ass of something else. A deer maybe. Or a lost gerbil. I feel like if shit could shit itself. What the fuck is wrong with vicoden?

Really, I should be grateful to live in a place where I can get that kind of health care at all. Still, fuck Tramadol.

Perhaps someday you will grow to share my loathing for all opiates.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Quote from: Just Alty, Please on December 04, 2016, 07:01:36 PM

There is something confusing about Tramadol I was reading somewheres, something something about it also being an SSRI, not just an opioid, so double the trouble.

Ziegejunge

Freeky

Freeky

My folks are putting my dog to sleep this week.

Bye Libra, my sweet baby girl.  You had a good 15 years.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky

Yeah. I've still got the good memories of her, so I'm mostly ok.

The Wizard Joseph

Damn Freeky. Losing a dog really sucks.   :sad:

On a not quite so bad note I did manage to find some temporary work for the short term and start tonight. Gonna probably work 3rd shift through until the end of December. By then my system should be clear of THC and the holidays over. Then I can begin my life's greatest reset so far in earnest.

In the meantime I'm going keep plugging away at various projects here as I can, notably the AOC story and the Discordia! TCG
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's the last week of term and I have the unsettling feeling that I should be stressed out, yet I'm not especially stressed out. I'm up to date on grading and my presentation is looking good. I have two more revisions of my prospectus before Friday. That's pretty much it. It's weird.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2016, 03:04:40 AM
Watching the latest right wing fuckery in Ohio, and mulling over some inside poop that arrived through AURA today.

It occurs to me that the stakes have changed even more than I expected (and my expectations were pretty fucking grim).  Life is going to get very rough for a lot of people, in just six weeks.  More or less instantly, especially for the poorest...But also if you're LGBT, or had the poor judgement to be born a anything other than a white christian male.  I doubt this idea is a surprise to anyone, but I think the scale will be.

Right now, the sole thing I am judging people on is what they believe in, and what they are willing to do to defend those beliefs and, not coincidentally, the people around them.

This is something I'm doing unilaterally, regardless of whether I like someone or not.  If you find you hate me too much to work with me, fine.  Work without me.  Good luck.

What's AURA?
My sources are more like a bunch of pieces I'd rather not discuss generally, much less on a public forum... but the cult I suspect is primarily supporting this shit is REALLY deep and fucking terrifying.

Worse I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DON'T KNOW. All I know is that the "right" suddenly consolidated power about 2 years ago and kept it on the DL until quite recently.

I got shit all else to say publicly, but I'm aware that civilization as we know it faces a DIRE existential threat from the oncoming storm.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 07, 2016, 01:59:50 PM
Watching the latest right wing fuckery in Ohio, and mulling over some inside poop that arrived through AURA today.

It occurs to me that the stakes have changed even more than I expected (and my expectations were pretty fucking grim).  Life is going to get very rough for a lot of people, in just six weeks.  More or less instantly, especially for the poorest...But also if you're LGBT, or had the poor judgement to be born a anything other than a white christian male.  I doubt this idea is a surprise to anyone, but I think the scale will be.

Right now, the sole thing I am judging people on is what they believe in, and what they are willing to do to defend those beliefs and, not coincidentally, the people around them.

This is something I'm doing unilaterally, regardless of whether I like someone or not.  If you find you hate me too much to work with me, fine.  Work without me.  Good luck.

What's AURA?
My sources are more like a bunch of pieces I'd rather not discuss generally, much less on a public forum... but the cult I suspect is primarily supporting this shit is REALLY deep and fucking terrifying.

Worse I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DON'T KNOW. All I know is that the "right" suddenly consolidated power about 2 years ago and kept it on the DL until quite recently.

I got shit all else to say publicly, but I'm aware that civilization as we know it faces a DIRE existential threat from the oncoming storm.

AURA is a consortium of universities tied to the National Science Foundation.  It is also the world's greatest grapevine.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2016, 02:53:33 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 07, 2016, 01:59:50 PM

What's AURA?

AURA is a consortium of universities tied to the National Science Foundation.  It is also the world's greatest grapevine.

Bet. Academics talk about what they know by definition. Once upon a time, in the '90z, I had gotten myself total access to the network and T1 internet connection of a technical college by way of being all Italian about my shit. I gorged on the waters of knowledge right up until after 9/11.

Then I just lost access, but knowing WHAT to look for and what has already been said before in variation is an invaluable tool to this day in filtering my feed so to speak. That and the shit in my life after.

I've been to delusional mania and back many times over in part because of the deep shit. I see that crazy becoming mainstream and it's hard for folks to understand how INTENSE getting "woke" is for the folks hearing outlandish things for the first time without prior context. The whole world is now being force-fed the nasty bits most beneficial to certain factions by way of alternative media unimaginable to the guys trying to keep shit suppressed way back when.

There's no going back. Both the comfort and reasonability of the previous century have broken up and will soon dissolve entirely under the new "order" of lies being told and blended with unthinkable truths long suppressed by those who fancy themselves humanity's keeperz. It's a prison riot that sparked fire during a lockdown. Doesn't matter if you rioted or not anymore because the wardens set the fucker AND instigated the riot. Nero's orders.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 07, 2016, 06:53:40 PM

There's no going back. Both the comfort and reasonability of the previous century have broken up and will soon dissolve entirely

Also, Christ it took TRUMP for you all to finally realize that shits going downhill? Where have you been for the past 16 years?