News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 10, 2016, 08:26:48 AM
I'm not a religious man, but I'm developing a new appreciation for Job.

Fuck Job. He was a complaining twat. Read Ecclesiastes, allegedly by Solomon. New International Version (NIV) is best for the basic spirit of the text in English.

Fuckin' hell ECH. Hold on. All storms pass, and sadly all fair weather too. I hope that you and yours will pull through.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 10, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
I'm awake right now because the ice that made my commutes today (another two and a half hours on the return trip, btw) led to a power outage at the GF's apartments, which led to candles for light, which led to....I hope everyone in the next building over is okay.

My GF is hilariously bad in a crisis situation. I'm all dragging my groggy ass out of bed, slowly lacing my boots, the kids are moving quickly but more-or-less calmly, while she literally runs around in circles screaming, "911! 911! Where are the dogs? Oh my God, Jeremy! There's a fire. 911!"

Damn quick response from the fire department and Portland rain kept the fire from jumping, but the whole top floor of the next building is done. Hope everyone's okay.

HOLY. SHIT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 10, 2016, 08:25:55 AM
HAHAHA THE HITS JUST KEEP COMING!

Now my stepdad is in the hospital. Mom's a wreck trying to go to work, visit him twice a day, and keep up the house and take care of the dogs. And I'm still broke from the death trip to Maine and can't fly down to help out.

Oh fucking hell. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The ice is all melted, and now all that's left to remind us of the lovely days off are broken trees everywhere.

My week 8 behavioral trials are underway, but other than tidying up in the lab and training my two volunteers, there's virtually nothing to actually DO for work for the next three weeks. It's beautiful. Gonna run some wiring upstairs this week so we can insulate the interior walls and sheet rock, then we will finally start on the hellhole of a bathroom.

The Wizard Joseph

Broke a shovel doing my dad's driveway. Plastic flinger POS!!  :lol: Dug into the depths of The Garage and found me a nice, rusty steel job from the 70's. They REALL don't make them like that anymore.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 12, 2016, 06:26:22 PM
Broke a shovel doing my dad's driveway. Plastic flinger POS!!  :lol: Dug into the depths of The Garage and found me a nice, rusty steel job from the 70's. They REALL don't make them like that anymore.

Because tetanus.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trivial

Skynet is hiring someone for assembly.  Skynet is still trying to reconcile the part where software eventually needs to be on hardware somewhere.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 12, 2016, 09:24:31 PM

Because tetanus.

:horrormirth:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HOW is the internet capable of being so boring today? I swear, I was able to find more interesting things on the internet when there was less STUFF on it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2016, 10:08:38 PM
HOW is the internet capable of being so boring today? I swear, I was able to find more interesting things on the internet when there was less STUFF on it.

Mandela effect. All of the cool shit got edited out of reality and replaced with the will of Greyface.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Because tetanus.

Who among us has not had rusty nails securing wood to their feet like hobo ski gear?

Builds character. And the immune system.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 12, 2016, 11:03:01 PM

Because tetanus.

Who among us has not had rusty nails securing wood to their feet like hobo ski gear?

Builds character. And the immune system.

That was my whole childhood but with more violence, no child labor protection, and snow everywhere in between.

The shoveling is like Zen battle meditation now. Soothing as I chop, chop, chop, scrap scrape, chop, chop, chop.

I'm getting a dikoted titanium one if I can, with an oak handle. That would do me for life and double as a weapon with a small cover bonus.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 08, 2016, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on December 08, 2016, 09:01:45 PM
Hi guys.

HELLO! I ran across someone on Tinder that's FB friends with you. As far as I knew that was true of only three people in Portland, and I've already swiped the other two STRAIGHT UP. My mind was fucking blown right out of my skull...and now yours is as well.

Whoa. I'm curious to who this is now. :O

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]