Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 16, 2016, 08:07:33 PM
No great loss.  What was the final straw?

There wasn't one, really.  We had decided a little while ago, but nobody actually did it because reasons until ECH came back.

Reasons being:
1.  Cain has been out.
2.  Faust has been out.
3.  After the Pope Ludicrous thing, I don't ban people unless they violate one of the 6 rules, or otherwise pose a direct threat to a member or to Faust in a litigious way.
4.  ECH has been out.
5.  Triple Zero died in the Great Butthash Incident of 2009.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Still falls under the current (very out of date) set of rules, since there's an extremely high probability that he was an alternate account of a previously banned member.

But really, I was just tired of him turning every potentially interesting thread on the forum into his personal screechfest. I know it's not technically spamming but it has the exact same effect on the board.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 16, 2016, 08:26:05 PM
Still falls under the current (very out of date) set of rules, since there's an extremely high probability that he was an alternate account of a previously banned member.

But really, I was just tired of him turning every potentially interesting thread on the forum into his personal screechfest. I know it's not technically spamming but it has the exact same effect on the board.

I think it's close enough to spamming.  It was impossible to have a conversation.

So he freaked out and went over to Discord IRC and shat blood, then Mourning Star banned him.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

MithridatesXXIII

He had a way of not engaging arguments that was quite engaging.

Sung Low

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on December 16, 2016, 04:20:45 PM
One of my sister's friends is telling her the reason her 9 month old isn't sleeping through the night is GMOs. 
[/quote/]

Giant Mutant Otters???
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Trivial

Quote from: Sung Low on December 17, 2016, 02:14:42 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on December 16, 2016, 04:20:45 PM
One of my sister's friends is telling her the reason her 9 month old isn't sleeping through the night is GMOs. 
[/quote/]

Giant Mutant Otters???

Those would keep me awake as an adult.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2016, 08:30:25 PM

I think it's close enough to spamming.  It was impossible to have a conversation.

So he freaked out and went over to Discord IRC and shat blood, then Mourning Star banned him.   :lulz:

:lulz: 

This is first ban I can remember in years. I'd argue against it but the sheer levels of dumb that guy spewed lately makes me less than inclined to do so.

I'm sure we'll have another bro nihil soon enough anyway.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 17, 2016, 11:46:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2016, 08:30:25 PM

:lulz: 

This is first ban I can remember in years. I'd argue against it but the sheer levels of dumb that guy spewed lately makes me less than inclined to do so.

I'm sure we'll have another bro nihil soon enough anyway.

And, as always, we'll line up to tell him WHAT to the exclusion of all else.   :lulz:

Junkenstein

Quite likely, can't let someone be wrong on the internet after all.

Anyway, it was probably helpful in the early stages after the trump win. It was either spew hate at the unrepentant tool or gods forbid, we might have been up to something productive.

On the plus side, if I need to see what idiots are currently convinced is gospel truth, I know to just check RussianTruthDepot.com.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Vanadium Gryllz

Yeah he was a useful target for everyone to rally against whilst people were figuring out how to handle the new reality.

Definitely getting tedious towards the end though. I have to admire his dedication to telling a whole (small) forum full of people who vehemently disagreed with him just how WRONG we all were day after day.

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Junkenstein

I'm reasonably certain that that kind of dedication is a sign of mental illness.

East Coast Hustle

If he was who we think he was, then hoooooly shit, dude, you have no idea how right you are.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

MMIX

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 18, 2016, 05:06:25 PM
If he was who we think he was, then hoooooly shit, dude, you have no idea how right you are.

You know I hate to say this but when folks get all secret service about trolls and weirdos it just sounds like a bunch of tin-foil hattery. I know its xmas but the tinfoil goes on the turkey not the cranium - just saying.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Salty

Whenever I come here and see the shortened Open Bar title, it reads: We hacked

For whatever reason my brain fills this in by singing:

We hacked this city
We hacked this city in the USA
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city
We hacked this city

This is not especially interesting, but since I have to live with it, so should all of you.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on December 18, 2016, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 18, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

You know I hate to say this but when folks get all secret service about trolls and weirdos it just sounds like a bunch of tin-foil hattery. I know its xmas but the tinfoil goes on the turkey not the cranium - just saying.

You haven't had the same half-dozen weirdos stalking you for 13 years.