News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: axod on December 20, 2016, 11:25:37 PM
Quote from: Faust on December 19, 2016, 08:22:44 PM
It occurs to me that we are horribly underprepared for the next 4-8 years. RP ran rings around this place, when he couldn't make a point he would resort to absurdism. He is going to be the least of our problems now.

This is a distress signal: Would all walking glitches please reawaken.

Yeah, xRP was kinda tripping but did provide for interesting thought experiments.  His angle of incidence toward the board was off, bombastically buffoonish, yes, but I would be remiss not to pass along the fleeting idea I have that he could change his ways to be more gentle.  I digress.

If by "ran circles around" you mean "rarely posted anything worth reading, let alone responding to", then yes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on December 20, 2016, 10:32:37 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 20, 2016, 08:56:50 PM
It is a very, very small triumph, but I have been looking for a published deiodinase preadsorption concentration for a week, and I finally found one.

WOOHOO!

Also one of the undergrads I'm training on the scope looks like Harry Potter, and is very annoying.

Annoying because he looks like Harry Potter, or independent of that?

Her annoyingness is completely independent of her Harry Potter resemblance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It occurs to me that we are horribly underprepared for the next 4-8 years. RP ran rings around this place, when he couldn't make a point he would resort to absurdism. He is going to be the least of our problems now.

Yeah, xRP was kinda tripping but did provide for interesting thought experiments.  His angle of incidence toward the board was off, bombastically buffoonish, yes, but I would be remiss not to pass along the fleeting idea I have that he could change his ways to be more gentle.  I digress.

Interesting thought experiments maintain internal logical consistency. His shit was just basically garbage salad.

Faust

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 21, 2016, 01:49:01 AM

If by "ran circles around" you mean "rarely posted anything worth reading, let alone responding to", then yes.
Yes that is exactly what I mean:
When he wasn't posting links from the likes of pizzagate or bullshit science he was setting up very simple logic traps which have painfully obvious rebuttals but take loads of time and that is exactly what he wanted, and even when he got those he would just post a the opposite regardless of content and the whole thing would kick off again.

Not since RWHN has PD been the victim of such an awful Time Vampire.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Eater of Clowns

The brewery that just opened in my hometown doesn't have any of its own beer and is selling growlers that they can't fill.

This is me predicting their huge success.   :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on December 21, 2016, 09:00:01 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 21, 2016, 01:49:01 AM

Yes that is exactly what I mean:
When he wasn't posting links from the likes of pizzagate or bullshit science he was setting up very simple logic traps which have painfully obvious rebuttals but take loads of time and that is exactly what he wanted, and even when he got those he would just post a the opposite regardless of content and the whole thing would kick off again.

Not since RWHN has PD been the victim of such an awful Time Vampire.

True. I couldn't figure out why people kept responding to him when it was so obvious that he was just doing low-effort chain-yanking, posting the same exact stupid shit over and over again. I guess people were bored and felt like chasing their tails.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 21, 2016, 06:01:35 PM
The brewery that just opened in my hometown doesn't have any of its own beer and is selling growlers that they can't fill.

:lulz: Someone needs to tell them that opening early doesn't hold a candle to opening prepared to do business.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 22, 2016, 12:48:00 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 21, 2016, 06:01:35 PM

:lulz: Someone needs to tell them that opening early doesn't hold a candle to opening prepared to do business.

They're merch and social media blitzing hard on their catering, restaurant, and entertainment aspects. It seems to be working for them so far, but I can't bring myself to support, even a local business, that has Brewery in its name that doesn't sell its own beer. And that sells empty growlers. And that hires a musician who's pretty well known in the area for going on drunken racist facebook tirades.

My current 5 year plan is to save up and buy their equipment on auction when they go out of business.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cloud level is 700 feet below my office and we're in the middle of a winter storm.  Everything is white, like being at a MAGA rally.  Temperature plunging, rain is sideways, on top of the clouds moving around us.  We will all freeze to death.  Put a sign at the 5 mile marker saying "GO BACK YOU FOOLS".

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2016, 08:24:40 PM
Cloud level is 700 feet below my office and we're in the middle of a winter storm.  Everything is white, like being at a MAGA rally.  Temperature plunging, rain is sideways, on top of the clouds moving around us.  We will all freeze to death.  Put a sign at the 5 mile marker saying "GO BACK YOU FOOLS".

you really should sign up for the telecommuting option.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

Man are they are not going to be prepared when they unfreeze you in 200 years.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on December 22, 2016, 11:26:03 PM

you really should sign up for the telecommuting option.

Took video of the trip down the mountain today.  I'll post it this weekend.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2016, 11:39:28 PM

Serves 'em right.

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2016, 11:39:28 PM

:lulz: