News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

The War on Information seems to be going into high gear.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Freeky

So i mentioned a while ago that my folks were going to put my dog to sleep.  They didn't.  She's still hanging on, but she's not eating anything regularly except a little bit of egg nog. I always thought the phrase "skin and bone" was just a slight hyperbole to evoke horror and sympathy in literature, but there is nowhere on her where there is anything that feels like flesh.

The whole thing is just awful and prolongs everyone's suffering.  And sorry to mention it, but I just. :(

minuspace

MMIX

Fuck you 2016; the year the Status Quo died
RIP Rick Parfitt
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: MMIX on December 24, 2016, 03:33:55 PM
Fuck you 2016; the year the Status Quo died
RIP Rick Parfitt
The guy should have known better than to be in a group called Status Quo in a year like this.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This afternoon, I went to take my compost out, and found a trash bag in the compost bin. WTF. I hauled it out and opened it up, and promptly found junk mail addressed to the apartments across the street, #3. Dumbfucks.

It's now on their front stoop, and I left a polite voicemail with the owners of the property.

In other news, I am planning to make the bathroom not-so-hideous. It's currently a complete shitshow. I'm going to have the whole thing gutted at some point (after we put in a second bath upstairs) and redone with hex tile on the floor and subway tile in the bath, but for now, I'm thinking bamboo floors would be nice. It'll give me a chance to see how they hold up.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

Fuck Fuck Fuck
RIP George Michael
OK 2016 we get the message you can just fucking stop now, 'k?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Random complaint: I have been handy about the house since I was a kid, and have been fixing up old houses since 1998. I used to work for a company that specialized in old house restoration, I used to co-own a company that specialized in vintage hardware, and have done work on at least a dozen old houses. I specialized in vintage plumbing, but I am also fluent with electrical, framing, and basic finish carpentry. I can lay tile, and have taught others to lay tile. I used to, naively, think that the reason people invariably talk to me like I have no idea what I'm doing was because I was young. As I got older I thought they were underestimating my age, and therefore my experience. Now that I'm all old and gray-haired, it's impossible to ignore that it's just my vagina that leads people to talk to me like I am clueless and helpless around home improvement.

I'm so, so fucking sick of it.

In general, I'm sick of being talked to like I'm incompetent just because I'm female.

In general, I'm fucking sick of people underestimating women just because we have tits and vaginas.

My own household is an egalitarian dream, but as soon as I interact with people outside of our little paradise, it's back to being talked to like I'm a retarded version of a man.

I am horrified that this is the world I'm sending my daughters out into; a world where, by virtue of their sex, they will be treated as nincompoops by default.

Fuck all of this bullshit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on December 25, 2016, 11:39:41 PM
Fuck Fuck Fuck
RIP George Michael
OK 2016 we get the message you can just fucking stop now, 'k?

what the fuck?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rong

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 26, 2016, 01:45:12 AM
Random complaint: I have been handy about the house since I was a kid, and have been fixing up old houses since 1998. I used to work for a company that specialized in old house restoration, I used to co-own a company that specialized in vintage hardware, and have done work on at least a dozen old houses. I specialized in vintage plumbing, but I am also fluent with electrical, framing, and basic finish carpentry. I can lay tile, and have taught others to lay tile. I used to, naively, think that the reason people invariably talk to me like I have no idea what I'm doing was because I was young. As I got older I thought they were underestimating my age, and therefore my experience. Now that I'm all old and gray-haired, it's impossible to ignore that it's just my vagina that leads people to talk to me like I am clueless and helpless around home improvement.

In general, I'm sick of being talked to like I'm incompetent just because I'm female.

In general, I'm fucking sick of people underestimating women just because we have tits and vaginas.

My own household is an egalitarian dream, but as soon as I interact with people outside of our little paradise, it's back to being talked to like I'm a retarded version of a man.

I am horrified that this is the world I'm sending my daughters out into; a world where, by virtue of their sex, they will be treated as nincompoops by default.

have you considered the possibility that people talk to you like you're an idiot, not because of your gender, but rather - most everybody is an idiot? 

not saying that's the case - but, you know - it's possible . . .
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: rong on December 26, 2016, 05:09:03 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 26, 2016, 01:45:12 AM

have you considered the possibility that people talk to you like you're an idiot, not because of your gender, but rather - most everybody is an idiot? 

not saying that's the case - but, you know - it's possible . . .

:kingmeh:

Ever feel like you're having the same conversations over and over?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."