News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Roger, Let us speak of Motivations.

Started by Junkenstein, August 23, 2016, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

I was thinking that the operant sort of fear we're looking for would be that of the unreasonable kind, like what results from ignorance.

The Good Reverend Roger

Who among us has not tried to light a candle in the darkness?  Who among us has not sought the dawn?  But the feeble light given off by a candle shows only how dark everything else is.  The stately and wonderful mansion of your life is in reality a half burned-out crack house, with sodden furniture and trash on every surface.  The great portraits of your memory turn out to be half-assed tagging.  The footmen outside your door are police, coming to get you, and the wine cellar is something else entirely, Montressor.  Your friends and your guests are either gone or slumped over the couches, GRINNING at you in the final manner.  See the world through Roger-O-Vision.  Snuff out the candle and pray for an eclipse.  There is nothing good for you here.  Go away.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.