News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Make crappy art

Started by PopeGillies, September 11, 2016, 01:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeGillies

We are all on a race to perfection. Or at least, most people are. We all struggle in life to strive, for the good life, for the perfect life. We are all just trying to make our lives better, day by day, week by week. And we are all just trying to get along to make life easier for all of us.

So it is no wonder why a lot of people are very worried about being right. After all, if you're right, then you're doing the right things, and your life should become better. If you're wrong therefore, you get shit.

Fuck that shit I want to be wrong.

The Beatles did a fuck-ton of drugs, considered to be wrong. Smoking weed until recently was considered wrong. Fucking the same sex was considered wrong. Ever notice how many fun and natural things are wrong? Ever notice that the struggle is always wrong, but really its what we have fun with? We don't like to have perfect lives, if we did we'd have nothing to do. Be wrong! Fuck up! Make crappy art! Don't be afraid to screw up, its your duty! The only reason we struggle is because there is a struggle in the first place, and without it, what would we be? 
"Fuck Bitches, Get Money" -Nietzsche

LMNO

Trite as it sounds, I seek Joy. Not perfect, not right... OK, I usually want to be right. Still, perfection defined as without flaw as within a specific order doesn't seem to be a worthwhile goal.

The Good Reverend Roger

I kick monkeys into the future.  I don't concern myself with the morality of it.

It IS, however, something of an art.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Slipper

defuq r u talking about, I'm actively wrong to avoid the "struggle" of effort.
Doing what's "right" is just about always more of a struggle than
doing what's wrong, as in it takes more effort.
Do your homework, for that grade. Spend half an hour helping that
guy find his lost child. Compared, Ignore your homework & Take that girl
into your shady van.

I think doing what's wrong is far more mentally challenging though,
you know it will be looked down on, you know it's risky, and if
you don't like what you're doing you might be conflicted with yourself.

Now giving it thought, wouldn't doing what's wrong lead to more struggle
than initially though? Eventually you're gonna have to do a bunch of shit
before some kind of deadline hits. I'm not catching your drift so well.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 11, 2016, 04:10:20 AM
I kick monkeys into the future.  I don't concern myself with the morality of it.

This is why you're my holy man. I struggle just trying to get my monkeys to deal with the present.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 11, 2016, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 11, 2016, 04:10:20 AM

This is why you're my holy man. I struggle just trying to get my monkeys to deal with the present.

I don't expect them to deal with it.  No training is provided, no warnings given. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The repressive religions really focus on connecting physical pleasure with the concept of sin and evil.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."