News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

HEY HIPPIES: STOP PUTTING FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR

Started by trix, September 26, 2016, 12:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

Flowers in the hair.  Often the same people that hug trees and protect nature, DO THIS STUPID SHIT.

Why is that beautiful?  Why is that acceptable for someone who professes a LOVE of nature?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING.

I mean, the concept is TERRIBLE.

First, you find something beautiful and natural growing out of the ground.  Something so beautiful that it's likely at its peak of beauty and life.

Then you rip it out of its support, killing it, and put the pretty corpse in your hair to use its beauty to enhance your own.

You are wearing the slowly decaying corpse of something beautiful that you killed just to steal its beauty for your own.

How about instead you make something beautiful, meant for your hair, and put that in there?  Not only are you not murdering a beautiful plant for selfish reasons, but you can be proud of the beauty the thing in your hair adds because YOU MADE IT.  It's YOURS.  The beauty in it came from YOU to begin with.

I mean, I give a shit about flowers, but INCONSISTENCY hurts my brain.

Or kill me.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

trix

I mean really, just decide, do you care more about preserving natural beauty and not killing trees and plants, or do you care more about looking like a stereotype?  You can even have both!  Just stop using REAL flowers.

I mean, not that there aren't a bazillion other inconsistencies we are surrounded by, but this one in particular got me today.  Unfortunately I wasn't in a position to ask the person directly what the logic on that particular affectation was, but I really wish I was.

Flowers in general I never really got.

"Here's a pile of beautiful plants I killed to show how much I love you, please put them in water so you can watch them die more slowly."

Even without the "kill" part.

"Here's a pile of dying flowers, aren't they beautiful?"
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

"I like children, too, but I don't cut their heads off and stick them in a vase."
- Gore Vidal, having been asked if he didn't like flowers because none were on display at his house.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trix

You know what would be sweet?

Planting seeds of beautiful flowers, carefully growing them tall and beautiful, and at the peak of their beauty present them, in the pot, to the one you love.  A symbol of time and effort and dedication leading to a beautiful result.

But no, blowing $20 on some dead flowers at a gas station on the way home is so very sweet and caring.  THAT is what love means!
Zen Without Zen Masters