News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

The Great Clown Panic of 2016

Started by Cain, October 04, 2016, 05:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

So, as you may have noticed, creepy clowns are, for some reason, back in the news.

http://infocult.typepad.com/ seems to be the best place currently tracking is weird phenomenon, so I wanted to bring it to your attention.  Consider this the thread for creepy clowns.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article105638946.html

QuoteA man used his AR-15 gun to scare a woman wearing a white afghan Monday after mistaking her for clown, according to a citation from the Bardstown Police Department.

According to the citation, a woman was walking her dog down Burlington Court wearing a white afghan when a man yelled at her and then fired an AR-15.

The man, Adam Tingle, said his wife was outside when she thought she saw a clown, so Tingle came out and yelled at the individual, according to the citation. The woman did not move after being yelled at, so Tingle fired one shot from his AR-15 rifle in an attempt to scare her. Tingle's wife then called 911 to report the incident.

I really want to blame this story on Chuck Tingle, but it is apparently real.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 04, 2016, 07:31:43 PM
heavy breathing

Please stop whatever it is you're doing on the astral, thnks.

I'm making more pics so you can, like, channel that out on the appropriate frequencies until we can get you real clowns OK? I just need to get the stuff I was contacted to google by... your. . Uh, your superiors (?). Whoever it was apparently called in some favors so... here's 1. There's a couple more I found that I didn't do I'll post too, but the one with your initials is edited from the very freshest random stock I googled up just moments ago.

Um... I'm going to get some of the GRIN ideas I've been sitting on too... just please no more, uh, business in the 5th heaven and up for now, ok?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Shit I thought I cropped that... let me see if I can figure out what I did wrong here...
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sita

Earlier this week we got a call from the school board to keep an eye out and that everyone was on 'alert campus'.
There's been two instances so far, one was just a general threat about high schools in the county.
The other was for a specific middle school. Turned out to be a 6th grader joking around with his friends, but since it was over social media more than his friends saw and it was taken as a serious threat and the kid was arrested.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Sita on October 06, 2016, 01:42:30 AM
Earlier this week we got a call from the school board to keep an eye out and that everyone was on 'alert campus'.
There's been two instances so far, one was just a general threat about high schools in the county.
The other was for a specific middle school. Turned out to be a 6th grader joking around with his friends, but since it was over social media more than his friends saw and it was taken as a serious threat and the kid was arrested.

For dressing like a clown?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I found an interesting article on clown panics, let me see if I can find it again...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Wizard Joseph

There's people telling me there have been sightings of roving packs in the SE Wisconsin area rolling down generally towards Iowa. Confirmed clowns apparently sighted in a parking building downtown LaCrosse recently.

Are motherfuckers unaware of our nebulous "castle" laws and nearly unrestricted concealed-carry licensing? Fuck's sake. There's folks actually reacting fearfully, others going out in clown makeup apparently aware of how dangerous real clowns can be.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sita

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 06, 2016, 03:33:35 PM
Quote from: Sita on October 06, 2016, 01:42:30 AM

For dressing like a clown?
Making a threat against the school.
The Facebook post didn't give any details about the message, just that the kid was arrested and he said he was just joking around and wasn't serious.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

POFP

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 06, 2016, 06:08:28 PM
There's people telling me there have been sightings of roving packs in the SE Wisconsin area rolling down generally towards Iowa. Confirmed clowns apparently sighted in a parking building downtown LaCrosse recently.

Are motherfuckers unaware of our nebulous "castle" laws and nearly unrestricted concealed-carry licensing? Fuck's sake. There's folks actually reacting fearfully, others going out in clown makeup apparently aware of how dangerous real clowns can be.

Yeah, Ohio has Castle Doctrine as well. Terribly dangerous place to be a clown right now. Not that clown costumes should warrant the use of gun violence (Some random asshole dresses up as a clown and kills someone while the clown sightings ramp up, so now every clown is treated as a threat) or anything. Just, poor thought process considering the mental state of the American People at this point.

The whole thing is beyond fucking stupid. Irrationally intense fear of clowns (To the point that you'd actually attack someone who is dressed up as a clown) is fucking stupid. It's an embarrassment to the Human Race. Aliens will never give two shits about communicating with us because of self-destructive shit like this.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.